Family Time

In this age of remote communications it tends to weaken our social fabric. To combat this a family may try playing games together. There are the long established card games but it seems they are too slow for the up and comers. For those of us who have sat around the fires for many years, the trenches are well enough established that we are content to travel them. So our task as 'over the hillers' is to find common ground in the fast lane. It seems most games of late are loaded down with micromanagement rules so much so that it becomes a chore to play them. One of the boys brought a game called The Crew Mission Deep Sea that seems to work for the young and older both. It is a card game that is played as a group, so there are no individual losers, but it is the group against the mission, and the mission always changes in scope and difficulty according to which cards are selected.
It may be worth a try.

Technology is actually helping me to stay closer to my four sons, who are just a text or call away, off in another state, although their momma, my former wife, who is right now outside this realm, and therefore beyond texts can calls, the closeness with those who are still here is indeed facilitated by technology.

I will, agree that technology also has a down side of evil and harm, but that's just a reflection of this reality where sin abounds.

MM

Technology is actually helping me to stay closer to my four sons, who are just a text or call away, off in another state, although their momma, my former wife, who is right now outside this realm, and therefore beyond texts can calls, the closeness with those who are still here is indeed facilitated by technology.

I will, agree that technology also has a down side of evil and harm, but that's just a reflection of this reality where sin abounds.

MM
My son lives in Paris, France, and if it weren't for the WhatsApp application, we would not be able to stay in close touch without going bankrupt.

In this age of remote communications it tends to weaken our social fabric. To combat this a family may try playing games together. There are the long established card games but it seems they are too slow for the up and comers. For those of us who have sat around the fires for many years, the trenches are well enough established that we are content to travel them. So our task as 'over the hillers' is to find common ground in the fast lane. It seems most games of late are loaded down with micromanagement rules so much so that it becomes a chore to play them. One of the boys brought a game called The Crew Mission Deep Sea that seems to work for the young and older both. It is a card game that is played as a group, so there are no individual losers, but it is the group against the mission, and the mission always changes in scope and difficulty according to which cards are selected.
It may be worth a try.

Hello 2404;

My 20 year old nephew is very much into electronics for social, games and homework. He is going to help me with a 1000 piece puzzle. It helps us bond and have conversation. I also enjoy doing word puzzles which has helped my mind stay sharp with words.

God bless you and thank you for sharing this topic.

Bob

Attachments

• Word Puzzles 2024.jpg
    Word Puzzles 2024.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1
Back