False Teachers In The World

2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, [and] bring on themselves swift destruction.

Damnable heresies that bring on swift destruction...

When reading wording like the above, the imagery that mostly dominates our thinking is that people are struck dead on the spot who vomit false teachings and heresies, right? We all know that's not the case, but it should cause us to look upward unto the Lord, and seek His instruction, correction, and guidance so that we do not stray so far afield that we too become partakers of the seal of destruction upon us.

This is indicative of the very things Jesus warned against, and that we should receive with all sobriety!

MM

It seems like the bigger the shock factor statements in what a false teacher claims in each message, the greater the numbers of their following! The masses who have itching ears, their population continues to grow in this age of falsehoods and deceptions and wickedness of heart, as it was in the days of Noah!

What manner of god do these false teachers follow who lies to its creation? Why would their false, creator god lie to them, because that god clearly is not the God we see in the Bible?!?

Do you see the danger? Reinterpretation is the fodder of the lost who demand the Bible read in the manner of their personal choosing! We were ALL lost before being born again through the redemptive work of Christ.

We weren't saved, then lost, and then saved again. Sin is sin, whether intentional or not. What makes the difference is the choice each one makes at that point of accountability in life, and when one chooses to sit under a false teachers, they will not stand before the Lord, pointing their finger of accusation at the false teacher they chose to believe. No.

The responsibility rests upon each one of us as individuals.

MM

It seems like the bigger the shock factor statements in what a false teacher claims in each message, the greater the numbers of their following! The masses who have itching ears, their population continues to grow in this age of falsehoods and deceptions and wickedness of heart, as it was in the days of Noah!

What manner of god do these false teachers follow who lies to its creation? Why would their false, creator god lie to them, because that god clearly is not the God we see in the Bible?!?

Do you see the danger? Reinterpretation is the fodder of the lost who demand the Bible read in the manner of their personal choosing! We were ALL lost before being born again through the redemptive work of Christ.

We weren't saved, then lost, and then saved again. Sin is sin, whether intentional or not. What makes the difference is the choice each one makes at that point of accountability in life, and when one chooses to sit under a false teachers, they will not stand before the Lord, pointing their finger of accusation at the false teacher they chose to believe. No.

The responsibility rests upon each one of us as individuals.

MM
We can be thankful that we, as God's Elect, have God's Spirit to guide us and God’s Word to instruct us that we may avoid the pitfalls of false teachers and teachings. Thank God!

This is pompousness at its worse as well as the spirit of antichrist...

2 Thessalonians 2:4 NKJV
who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Daniel 11:36 NKJV
"Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

Revelation 13:6 NKJV
Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

Besides if God goes about lying, why pastor a Church feeding the sheep more lies?

Last edited:
This is pompousness at its worse as well as the spirit of antichrist...

2 Thessalonians 2:4 NKJV
who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Daniel 11:36 NKJV
"Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

Revelation 13:6 NKJV
Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

Besides if God goes about lying, why pastor a Church feeding the sheep more lies?
Amen!

`That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,

but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ ... ` (Eph. 4: 14 & 15)

`That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,

but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ ... ` (Eph. 4: 14 & 15)

That is indeed a sobering warning from Ephesians. The entirety of that verse pushed my thoughts back into other areas of the epistles where there were times that Paul was angrily passionate about truth, and other times when he was loving and compassionate. It's easy to forget the latter when we become so very frustrated by all the falsehoods around us.

It's not always easy to properly balance outright hatred and and love when we see the absolute hatred the Lord has for some people, who are an increasing population in these last days, and yet His compassionate love for others.

Thank you, Marilyn.

MM

The one battle that is now recognized by many as the most ferocious battle happening with theological circles is the very sufficiency of scripture. More and more people are gravitating more and more in the direction that they have and are hearing God speak in addition to the Bible, giving personal direction and inspiration for doctrines found nowhere in scripture.

For those who are not aware, theistic evolution is exactly the majority of the long ages system of thought.

MM

The one battle that is now recognized by many as the most ferocious battle happening with theological circles is the very sufficiency of scripture. More and more people are gravitating more and more in the direction that they have and are hearing God speak in addition to the Bible, giving personal direction and inspiration for doctrines found nowhere in scripture.

For those who are not aware, theistic evolution is exactly the majority of the long ages system of thought.

MM
This sounds like a return to Rome and a rejection of 'sola scriptura'. When one opens that door, the hordes of hell are certain to enter the fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
The spirit of Jezebel has long been at work within the church.. it be heresy enough for a woman to take on a role of a minister within a church.

The spirit of Jezebel has long been at work within the church.. it be heresy enough for a woman to take on a role of a minister within a church.

As you likely know, not all professing believers who are women agree with that, and remarkably, quite a number of males. I've heard there are paraphrase Bible versions out there that have turned the Hebrew and Greek on their heads (so to speak), making the scriptures in those versions unrecognizable to the original texts.

MM

As you likely know, not all professing believers who are women agree with that, and remarkably, quite a number of males. I've heard there are paraphrase Bible versions out there that have turned the Hebrew and Greek on their heads (so to speak), making the scriptures in those versions unrecognizable to the original texts.

MM

Hello Prim90 and Musicmaster;

It's good to see you here, Prim90. I wish you would grace us with your presence more often, sister.

What you shared, I get you. Your post reminds me of Revelation 2:20-23. The Church at Thyatira was under corruption and the passage refers to a woman Jesus called Jezebel. I don't feel this was her literal name, but points out a false prophetess following the pattern of Jezebel in 1 and 2 Kings.

Musicmaster, not all woman (and men) believers will agree with Prim90's post. I've shared this before - throughout the Bible God anointed women's roles such as Deborah, Naomi, Ruth, Esther, Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Phoebe. None of these women of God points to them serving as Pastor, nowhere else in the Bible. This makes for True teaching.

But as your thread points out, when women and men go outside the box of God and self proclaim their ministry by twisting the original texts to justify their role (as the woman did in your opening thread,) then it becomes False teaching.

God bless you, Prim90 and Musicmaster.

MM
MM Yes there would be many that disagree with me. No doubt including many men as well. And there certainly be upside down Bibles that tickle the tastes buds of many as you did mention. Guess it pays to seek a tried and trusted Bible

Musicmaster, not all woman (and men) believers will agree with Prim90's post. I've shared this before - throughout the Bible God anointed women's roles such as Deborah, Naomi, Ruth, Esther, Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Phoebe. None of these women of God points to them serving as Pastor, nowhere else in the Bible. This makes for True teaching.

But as your thread points out, when women and men go outside the box of God and self proclaim their ministry by twisting the original texts to justify their role (as the woman did in your opening thread,) then it becomes False teaching.

Doctrinal teaching authority, as is stated in scripture, is the role God assigned to men only, which clearly is opposed to modern, cultural thinking along the line of egalitarianism.

However, I do not oppose organizations that have women in their pulpits since scripture, to my knowledge, doesn't define nor constrain the organizational model, so they are all pretty much free to do as they wish given that the body of Christ, the Church, is people, as I'm sure we can all agree. Granted, how individual believers conduct themselves anywhere, including within the institutions, and whom they sit under, is the responsibility of each professing believer as individuals. This isn't a slam against organizations, for we all have the freedom to form them and enjoy the benefits they may offer, or to not join them.

Thanks, brother. Always enjoy your thoughts.

MM

Hello Prim90 and Musicmaster;

It's good to see you here, Prim90. I wish you would grace us with your presence more often, sister.

What you shared, I get you. Your post reminds me of Revelation 2:20-23. The Church at Thyatira was under corruption and the passage refers to a woman Jesus called Jezebel. I don't feel this was her literal name, but points out a false prophetess following the pattern of Jezebel in 1 and 2 Kings.

God bless you, Prim90 and Musicmaster.
Bob the verses you mentioned from 1st and 2nd Kings along with Revelations are the verse I had in mind. And yes I’m sure the false prophetess at Thyatira was not named Jezebel personally. But the name Jezebel lives on and is used to warn us that the spirit of Jezebel is alive and well amongst woman all the way back from the Old Testament and New Testament until the present day.

Doctrinal teaching authority, as is stated in scripture, is the role God assigned to men only, which clearly is opposed to modern, cultural thinking along the line of egalitarianism.

However, I do not oppose organizations that have women in their pulpits since scripture, to my knowledge, doesn't define nor constrain the organizational model, so they are all pretty much free to do as they wish given that the body of Christ, the Church, is people, as I'm sure we can all agree. Granted, how individual believers conduct themselves anywhere, including within the institutions, and whom they sit under, is the responsibility of each professing believer as individuals. This isn't a slam against organizations, for we all have the freedom to form them and enjoy the benefits they may offer, or to not join them.

Thanks, brother. Always enjoy your thoughts.

MM
Bro MM.........You said -
"However, I do not oppose organizations that have women in their pulpits since scripture, to my knowledge, doesn't define nor constrain the organizational model".

Are you using the word "Organizations" so as to mean Churches???

Bro MM.........You said -
"However, I do not oppose organizations that have women in their pulpits since scripture, to my knowledge, doesn't define nor constrain the organizational model".

Are you using the word "Organizations" so as to mean Churches???

Good question.

No. When you say Churches with a capital "C," to me there is only one Church, not plural, and thus comprised only of true believers universally where no unbeliever can enter in.

When I say organizations, I'm referring to what most call their "church" with a small "c", all of which operate in whatever manner they so choose.

The Church and churches are not one and the same thing. There are no false teaching unbelievers in the Church, although there are many within those things called "churches".

See the difference?

MM

Back