Do We Have a Leader’s Heart?

As you read the article -- Do we Have a Leader's Heart? -- and as you are meditating upon the leader’s heart, as demonstrated by Paul within Scriptures, let us ask a few questions about where we ourselves stand with this respect. What sort of inner attitudes do we carry toward people under our leadership? Do we pray for them? What sorts of things do we do in that which pertain to our responsibilities toward them? Do we place the interest of others ahead of our own? Are our relationships characterized by truth, sincerity and faithfulness toward what God requires from us?

Moderators note.......Rule 7. Our Forum contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Website for which The Christian Forum Site has no responsibility or liability. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different from ours. The Moderators/Administrator at CFS cannot possibly monitor all the numerous daily postings of off-site linking. Anyone visiting a site linked at CFS by MEMBERS does so at your own risk. Be especially wary of those sites which sell products, services or ask for donations. Again, the Staff at CFS takes no responsibility what-so-ever in the claims or statements made in ANY linked sites. Please report postings here at CFS which contain objectionable material as well as objectionable material contained in offsite links posted by CFS members. Use the "Report Post" button below the poster's name to tell us about your concerns

Blessings

Hello Cturtle, be assured that I do fully understand your concern as expressed in the preceding post in response to this thread.

For anyone interested, here is the confession of faith of the site where my article Do we Have a Leader's Heart? is published. To my knowledge it is entirely compatible with the statement of faith to which I agreed when I joined the present forum a little in September 2014.

The article presupposes the authority of Holy Scriptures and draws examplary leadership attitudes from the second epistle to the Corinthians.

Last edited:
As you read the article -- Do we Have a Leader's Heart? -- and as you are meditating upon the leader’s heart, as demonstrated by Paul within Scriptures, let us ask a few questions about where we ourselves stand with this respect. What sort of inner attitudes do we carry toward people under our leadership? Do we pray for them? What sorts of things do we do in that which pertain to our responsibilities toward them? Do we place the interest of others ahead of our own? Are our relationships characterized by truth, sincerity and faithfulness toward what God requires from us?

Hello Daniel;

Your questions give me much to think about and can give an example of answering all in one. What comes to heart first, is I'm a servant before leadership.

Each day I pray for "time management" yet when doing visitations, I really cannot put a time limit, like yesterday for example. A disciple just got back from personal overseas ministry and needed to unload some serious stuff. I had to let go and let God give me a listening ear to this person. In my experience serving Christ, nothing beats "live" testimony.

I think of Proverbs 16:9. My heart plans my way but the Lord establishes my steps. At day's end I am truly grateful the Lord directed and used me.

I could visit your blog but would like to discuss with you here. What is your personal experience re a leader's heart?

God bless you, Daniel, and your family.

Reading the last part of Pauls letter struck me 'we dont Lord it over your faith but work with you for your joy'. Thats so true that if we do lead we dont tell others what to do like a dictator/boss giving out instructions but get down with our hands and knees and pray or do whatever needs doing with the person/people who we want to lead.

Jesus came to dwell with us, to live amongst us, hes not far from us wherever we are but always near. Even in our mouths. He didnt just tell others to wash their feet but actually did it himself with others.

If you teach children its important to get on their level, sit down with them, join in with them while they are learning. They may need help with a problem they cant just be told what to do you need to show them and work with them figuring it out. Not that you do the work for them but be with them to guide them.

Thanks for highlighting this Daniel. In work situations its the same we all dislike team leaders who just sit back barking orders while the rest of us labour away without having a break! Even God rests on the seventh day so we can just enjoy His creation. Hes not a slave master. He's our Father who loves His children.

Back