Conviction

Colossians 21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Oh Kay - I dont see it in this but if you say so.

I see the word, conviction, similar to the word belief but more so.
Once we decide to believe, we agree that something is true. The belief becomes an agreement between mind and soul (regardless if it is a truth or not).
A conviction is being convinced that something is true. The belief was tested and found true. Now the agreement has become a reality, a creation, a covenant.
Our conviction has become a part of who we are, such as a Christian.
We may believe we are Christian, but once we are convinced we are (usually after having our faith severely tested) then it become undeniable.
There is little gray involved, it is quite black and white, wrong and right, untrue or true. It is undeniably so.

Oh Kay - I dont see it in this but if you say so.

Colossians 1:21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel , which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Every time I turn around I am running into Christians who arte fighting against any use of the word covinction as a Godly term. I mean it is getting a lots of attention and it is being pushed as the Holy spirit never convicts us and those who say so are teaching false. They believe convincing is the propper term and others.

I have shown them the difference between condemnation and convicted and conviction. Even brought in websters as well. No good. They claim only the wicked and lost experience conviction. I yi yi ;)
Any input on this ?
Blessings
jim
I think Calvinists would believe that.

Back