1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Convection Oven

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by bratface75, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Convection Oven

What in the world is it?! LOL I am going to do some research, but anyone use it regularly? :cool:
  2. Bratface - a Convection oven resembles a standard electric or gas oven, but it is equipped with an air circulating fan built into the rear oven wall area that moves the super-heated oven air around and over the product being cooked for a faster, more uniform heat pattern in the product. It cooks 30 percent faster than a conventional oven and makes the 'browning' process go better - especially with poultry, without drying things out.

They are a bit expensive but well worth the investment...

3. Yep,... we had one in our last house, but sold it with the house.

I sure do miss it.
  4. Thanks for the info. I have one, just never used it for that. I guess I will be trying it this weekend! After I read more on it of course!
  5. The controls on my gas range automatically lowers the temperature 20 degrees when set on convection. This helps prevent burning I guess.
  6. I have a convectional oven, it is the best. I can put 3 sheet of cookies in and they all cook at the same time and the same even baking.
  7. Wow .... I'm going to come to your house for cookies ... :):D:p:cool:
  8. I have one also..I love it!