1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Church bloopers.

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Deborah, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Church bloopers.

Church bulletin bloopers I have read:

Here are some of my favorites or at least the jist of the ones I can remember. You may want to share some too.

--For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs. --
    --The Rev. Smith spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
    --The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."
    --The music for today's service was all composed by Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
    --Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
    --The concert held in our social center was a great success. And we give thanks to the pastor's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
    --15 members were present at the church meeting held at the home of Mrs. Mary Brown last evening. Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Forrest sang a duet, The Lord Knows Why.
    --Today's Sermon: HOW MUCH CAN A MAN DRINK? with hymns from a full choir.

And my very favorites:

Potluck supper: prayer and medication to follow.
    Don't let worry kill you off - let the church help.

In good humor from this faithful church lady. :D