Choice of Electronics at Christian Forum Site

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Good morning, brothers and sisters;

I intentionally wanted to post this thread in Tech Desk for anyone in the general membership who may want to post their choice of use of electronics while at CFS.

I'm always curious about some of the members who have limitations with posting, using the tools such as colors, emojis, editing their posts, deleting, checking their pms, etc...while using their smartphone, laptop or desktop.

For example, I use an Apple desktop. I experience at times the colors and bold will freeze on me so I have to refresh my computer to get them to work. The paragraphs will bunch together after posting and have to go back and edit silently, and space the paragraphs. These are minor glitches with the site software XenForo but I have managed to work around it.

If anyone has experienced limitations with their electronic while on CFS, please share? There may be a brother or sister who may offer a tip to help maximize your usage while logged on.

God bless
you all and thank you.

I have a Chromebook too... I love this thing... and don't have any problems with any of the features that are offered... such as any of the options offered in the column. What I do have a problem with is those DARN emojis.... OH my goodness... you would think after being here 3 months... I would be used to them but NOPE.... I will do really good for visit here and there.... and then I FORGET.... HA.

Hi Bob. I use Chrome on either Android, Chromebook or Linux and have never experienced difficulties. I do have JavaScript enabled and don't use any plugins (e.g. adblock).

Hello LearningToLetGo;

One member shared that she uses her cell phone but it's hard to paragraph. So she inserts a block, lol!, a huge block to separate sentences! I'm wondering if one can post using a paragraph format?

One member shared that she uses her cell phone but it's hard to paragraph. So she inserts a block, lol!, a huge block to separate sentences! I'm wondering if one can post using a paragraph format?
and she is quite good at emphasizing it... there is NO missing that BLOCK... which sometimes goes from pink to different shades of blue. HAHA

Here's a screenshot of my phone's keyboard settings. You see there are alternate keyboards. I suspect an alternate keyboard might not have the return key enabled, or not always enabled ( some keyboard layouts require shift to see return ). Screenshots_2024-01-22-12-51-31.png

Apple macbook.
I don't type on android phone..too small and don't use my phone to post on forums. It's just for when I'm out and about not for chatting.
I haven't had any issues but sometimes will log out for a time and forget my password.
I generally check whats newly posted and respond to threads I've created or am interested in. I don't have time to read every single post, and generally don't always view you-tube links because I don't know how long they may be.

I like that I can edit my posts and take my time too. Some forums give you only 5 minutes.
What I didn't like is if other people tried to edit my posts (without my permission) it was a bit disconcerting, to have posted something, and then you come back and it's not there. I don't mind if some people make spelling errors or typos I generally overlook those to get the gist of what they are saying.

I try to remember to reply to a post if being specific but I generally scroll to the bottom and post to the OP's topic if its my first post, but after that try to remember to use the blue post reply button for other posters after the discussion has moved on. Forgive me if I forget to do this.

Win 11 laptop/ IPad
No problems except many times notifications (in the bell thingy) wont show up, so I'll miss some responding to me.
I'm not dexterous enough to type on a phone.

Good morning, crossnote,

I remember you brought this up and I have question. Do you see the alert bell on the top right? If you click that does it show my emoji 🤔 to your post?

Good morning, crossnote,

I remember you brought this up and I have question. Do you see the alert bell on the top right? If you click that does it show my emoji 🤔 to your post?
🤔,Yes I saw that but what I was referring to (it often happens at night), is several people will respond, so in the morning I might see '5' on the bell and assume 5, but if I count down 5 and then keep looking, I'll notice more responses/reactions (perhaps 11). In this case 6 of them didn't show.

Back