Children's Devotional

When God Seems Distant

[SIZE=+1]Read: Psalm 22: 1-5[/SIZE]​

There are times we go through in life when God seems to be distant. We pray with what seems to be no reply. Even Jesus when on the cross cried out..."Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27: 46 I don’t believe that God would turn His back and abandon us for good, as Hebrews 13: 5b says..."Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." God promises He will always be with us. But sometimes we feel as though He’s not. Sometimes we may feel that God is not real, because we don’t always feel Him, or He may not seem to answer our prayers. I believe these times are times where God is stretching our faith. He wants us to trust Him completely, even when we can’t feel Him. Just continue to have faith and trust God in these times – then He will come through!

There are other times we may feel distant from God because we have done something wrong and need to confess it to God. Sins not confessed cause us to feel distant from God. If this is the case, just confess it and come back to God.

© By M.S.Lowndes

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age
- Matthew 28: 20b

God sometimes I feel you’re distant

I feel like you're not even there
Help me to trust you in these times
And know that you hear my prayer
[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

Are You Lost?

[SIZE=+1]Read: Luke 15:1-7[/SIZE]​

It’s not much fun getting lost, is it? Have you ever been out with your Mum & Dad and ended up getting lost? How did that make you feel? You may have felt scared and alone. It’s also scary for a Parent to lose their child.

In this story we learn about one sheep that gets lost, and how we would care so much for our sheep that we just have to leave the other 99 to find the lost sheep. This is how it is with God. He seeks out the ‘lost’, the ones that are alone and scared. He wants to bring them into His family and show them love, friendship and fellowship. You may have noticed some kids at school that seem lost – in the way that they are alone, not joining in or have any friends. They may feel not as good as everybody else. God loves them too. Maybe you could show some friendship to those that feel this way, or if you feel lost like this, you can know that God loves you and wants to be your friend. He wants you to be part of His family. You need never feel lost in this way again when you come to Jesus. He is always with you.

If you feel this way and you want Jesus to come into your life to be your friend, you may like to pray this prayer.

Lord Jesus
I ask you to come into my life to be my shepherd, and to be my Lord and Saviour. Forgive me for the wrong things I have done and help me to follow you all my days and to really feel like part of your family. Amen.

You can be sure that all of heaven rejoices over just one lost person that comes to Jesus.

© By M.S.Lowndes

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost. - Luke 19: 10

Jesus I have felt so lost
Unsure of where to go
But you are my loving shepherd
And the way you gladly show

[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

Peer Pressure

Read: 1 Thessalonians 2: 4-7

We have all faced this at some stage of our lives. The key is not to give in to it. Peer pressure is worse when we are young. We all so much want to be accepted. We want to be with the ‘in-crowd’, but the ‘in-crowd’ may not be the crowd we should be with.

It is far better to have 1 or 2 really close friends than to have many friends that don’t really care about how we feel, or what we believe. If all they want to do is to have ‘fun’, not caring if it’s right or wrong or if it may hurt anybody, then it’s best not to go along with them.

People only tease other people to get them to do the ‘wrong things’ that they want to do. If you don’t go along with them you face ridicule. But I say ‘who cares what they think’. Just keep doing what you know is right and don’t worry about what the others think. You don’t need to give in to peer pressure. You don’t need to please others – just please the Lord.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. - Romans 12: 2 (The Message)

Others may try and get us to do
What we feel may not be right
Don’t give in to the pressure to please
But do what pleases Christ

God bless,

Godbe4me

Recognizing The Enemy

[SIZE=+1]Read: 1 Peter 5: 8-11[/SIZE]​

Yes, we need to be aware of the enemy. We need to recognize him when he shows up. And he will show up. You will find the more closer you get to God, the more Satan comes against you. But you need not fear this. For God has said ‘Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world”. This means that Christ in you is greater than Satan who is in the world.

Satan roams around, and is likened to a fierce lion. We need to be on guard at all times, and be aware that he does exist and will come against us. We can withstand him by standing firm in our faith in Christ. Don’t give in to his lies. Pray for discernment so you will recognize straight away if something is of God or not.

Evil can appear as good and righteous. This is why we need discernment – to recognize it for what it is.

© By M.S.Lowndes

And it is no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light; so it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as ministers of righteousness. [But] their end will correspond with their deeds. - 2 Corinthians 11: 14-15(AMP)

Evil is around us in this world
And appears sometimes as good
But be on your guard and don’t give in
Discerning it as you should

[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

God Brings The Increase

[SIZE=+1]
Read: 2 Kings 4: 1-7

This story is so amazing. This poor widow had nothing to offer but a little oil. In the hands of God though, it was enough. He brought the increase as the oil continued to flow, until all the jars were full.

This speaks to me of giving God the little we have, because He will multiply it. We can never have too little that God wouldn't be able to use us. He wants us to take what we do have and be faithful in using it for Him. He will take care of the rest. I’ve seen this in my own life. God has brought increase more than I ever imagined.

Whatever gifts or abilities you have, commit it to God and ask Him to show you where and how you can be used. It often starts off small, but God brings the increase.

My challenge for you today is to find ways in which your talents can be used – and start using them. God has given them to you for a reason. Trust God to bring the increase as you step out and do it. Trust God to multiply what you have committed to Him – because He will.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up, "Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?" Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish. When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted." So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten. ~ John 6:8-13

The Lord will multiply the little you have
Those gifts He has placed within
He increases it beyond what you ever dreamed
As you offer it up to Him

God bless, Godbe4me
[/SIZE]

Getting Right With God

[SIZE=+1]Read: 1 John 1: 5-10[/SIZE]

We read here that God is light and that there is no darkness in Him. Because of that, we who confess to be ‘Christian’ but are not living by the truth of the gospel, cannot be living in God’s light – but still in darkness.

We cannot say we have no sin. Even as Christians, we can still stumble along the way. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes by what we say or do. But God is still there loving us and willing to forgive us when we confess it to Him. God understands and sees into our hearts. He is full of love for us. When we make a mistake, He doesn’t go mad at us. He won’t snap at us and tell us we’re useless. He won’t boil over in anger at every little ‘slip-up’. No, God is not like that at all.

We shouldn’t feel scared or unsure of how God will be toward us when we do the wrong thing. We can be confident to come to God and tell Him we are sorry. He will gather us up in His arms and whisper in our ear “I love you and I forgive you”.

© By M.S.Lowndes

For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. ~ Psalm 86:5

Lord to you I confess my sin
For it’s the right thing to do
I know that you will forgive me Lord
And whisper ‘I love you’

God bless,

Godbe4me

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

Having A Dream

[SIZE=+1]Read: Genesis 37: 5-22[/SIZE]​

Joseph was a real dreamer. God gave him a dream and though he went through a lot, he never gave up on his dream. God made it a reality, as Joseph honoured Him in his life.

God has a dream for you too. When you discover that dream, run with it, no matter what the difficulties may be. There will come a day when that dream will become real. In the meantime, God is preparing you. The dream we have doesn’t happen overnight. God prepares us for what He has called us to. He works within us sifting out the things that will stop what He will do in our lives.

This can seem to us a slow, and sometimes painful, process. It may seem like ‘forever’ to us. But all these things come together in God’s timing. We may feel as though God’s not doing anything – but that’s when He’s doing the most.

Joseph went through years of mistreatment at the hands of others. Through it all, he came out a different person. God never forgot him – or the dream.

Joseph played an important role in the saving of many lives through those long years of famine. And God has an important role for you to play in your life too.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Lord I pray you’ll help me through
The years you’re preparing me
So I can fulfil the dream you’ve given
As you make it a reality

God bless,

Godbe4me
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

When God Seems Distant

[SIZE=+1]Read: Psalm 22: 1-5[/SIZE]​

There are times we go through in life when God seems to be distant. We pray with what seems to be no reply. Even Jesus when on the cross cried out..."Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27: 46 I don’t believe that God would turn His back and abandon us for good, as Hebrews 13: 5b says..."Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." God promises He will always be with us. But sometimes we feel as though He’s not. Sometimes we may feel that God is not real, because we don’t always feel Him, or He may not seem to answer our prayers. I believe these times are times where God is stretching our faith. He wants us to trust Him completely, even when we can’t feel Him. Just continue to have faith and trust God in these times – then He will come through!

There are other times we may feel distant from God because we have done something wrong and need to confess it to God. Sins not confessed cause us to feel distant from God. If this is the case, just confess it and come back to God.

© By M.S.Lowndes

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age
- Matthew 28: 20b

God sometimes I feel you’re distant

I feel like you're not even there
Help me to trust you in these times
And know that you hear my prayer
[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]
Wow, thank you.

Being Committed

[SIZE=+1]Read: Genesis 22: 1-13[/SIZE]​

Boy, talk about being committed to God! God tested Abraham to see how committed he was to Him. Isaac, the promised son, was to be sacrificed. Abraham was prepared to sacrifice Isaac because of his great faith in God. God stopped him, before any harm came to Isaac – but what a test of faith!

God still tests us from time to time, to see how committed we really are to Him. Being committed to God, no matter what, can be really hard. There a times, like in this story, where our faith is challenged. But no matter what comes up against us, we need to remain committed to the Lord.

It’s really hard when we come up against opposition at school, in a sports team or a club we belong to. But hard as it may be, we need to still remain committed to God. As Christians, our faith will come under attack from others that don’t understand. But stand strong and don’t give in. Remember, God loves you. He will honour your stand for Him.

If you are having a hard time right now with others attacking your faith, first of all bring them before the Lord in prayer. Then pray daily for God to strengthen you and to give you wisdom.

You won’t ever be going through this alone. God is with you always. Stay Committed!

© By M.S.Lowndes

Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts will be established. ~ Proverbs 16: 3

Lord, please help me stay committed
No matter how hard it gets
For I know you love and care for me
And want for me the best
[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

A Lesson In Patience

How often have you needed to be patient?

As mentioned in this passage, a farmer waits patiently for his crop. It doesn’t happen over night. Nature needs to play its part in helping the crops to grow. Much like us when we need to wait patiently for things in our lives to happen. Some things take longer than others.

It’s very hard to wait for someone, or for something to happen; or to wait to go somewhere, or take your turn when playing a game. Even adults find it hard to be patient.

Everyday we are faced with situations where we need to be patient. A lot of the time, these situations are out of our control. We can’t make it happen just because we want it right NOW! We all need to learn to wait – and wait patiently – without grumbling.

If we all could just think of others, and put their wants and needs before what we want, then we will develop more patience. I think learning to be patient is one of the hardest lessons to learn, as we tend to want everything right now. We live in a world where everything is ‘instant’. You see, even things we think will take a short time to do, may end up taking a long time, because of problems arising we didn’t see before we started the task. We need to remember this when we start getting impatient with others. If we learn to be more patient while we’re young, it will help shape how we respond to life’s ‘hold-ups’ when we are older.

© By M.S.Lowndes

The end of a thing is better than its beginning; the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. ~ Ecclesiastes 7:8

Lord I know that I’m not patient
Those times I need to wait
Please help me not to start to grumble
When I don’t get it right away

God bless,

Godbe4me

What Does God Think Of Me?

[SIZE=+1]Read: Galatians 4: 5-7[/SIZE]​

Zephaniah 3:17 says "The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Saviour [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing..." and Zechariah 2:8b says "…for he who touches you touches the apple or pupil of His eye:"

There are many more scriptures in the Bible that tell us what God thinks of us, and what He can do in and through us. He sees you as a person with worth, a person who will go far in life and accomplish much for Him. He has a plan and a destiny for all people. It is a plan for good, and not for evil. He has given gifts to each of us. God has planned much for you. He has given you a gift to develop and use for His glory. God thinks the world of you – so much so that He died for you. You are that important to Him. Maybe you could find some more scriptures that speak of our worth to God and His love for us.

© By M.S.Lowndes

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

God thinks that we are special
And He makes time for us
We are to Him His dearest friend
For each one of us He loves

[SIZE=+1]

God bless,
Godbe4me[/SIZE]

God’s Instruction

[SIZE=+1]Read: 2 Timothy 3: 14-17[/SIZE]​

Every scripture is God inspired. It is what guides us in our lives, in our decisions, in instruction on Godly living, showing us wrong thoughts, wrong actions and wrong beliefs. We need to live our lives according to the Bible – God’s Living Word. We need to have our thoughts and what we believe in line with the truth of God’s Word.

If we get a new bike, but all the parts are in a box and we need to put it together ourselves, we need to read the instructions. If we don’t read the instructions on how to put it together, we most probably will end up with a bike that may not work as it should and may even be unsafe to ride. It’s the same with our lives. If we don’t heed to God’s instructions in the Bible, we may end up off track and even in unsafe situations. God’s word is like a manual for our lives. We need to read it daily and go to it when we need help and answers.

© By M.S.Lowndes

I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. - Psalm 32: 8

Lord I know you’ve given me
Your word as my guide
Help me Lord to daily read
Your handbook for my life
[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

When I feel Left Out

[SIZE=+1]

Read: Isaiah 53: 1-3

Like how Jesus was treated in this passage, there are times we can feel left out. When nobody seems to want to play with us, or we don’t get chosen and end up the only one on our own. Other kids may be more popular at school, and we just get over looked. This is a very painful thing to go through. But you don’t have to go through it alone. God sees what’s happening. He sees inside your heart and sees the tears you cry. He loves you so very much and He wants to be your friend. Other kids may do and say really mean and cruel things – but Jesus would never do that. He would never do anything to hurt you.

We all want to be liked. We all want to have friends and feel part of the group. It’s so hard when we are left out. The other kids don’t know what they’re missing in having a friend like you. If you don’t know Jesus as your friend – would you pray and ask Him to be your friend?

Here is a prayer you might want to pray:

Dear Jesus
I ask you into my life. Forgive me for the bad things I have said and done, and make me like a new person. Help me to always know you are with me, and that you love me. Amen.

Also you can ask God to send a friend or two across your path – and He will!

© By M.S.Lowndes

The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone - Psalm 118: 18

Lord there are times I feel alone
When others leave me out
But I know that I have a friend in you
To show me what friendship's about
God bless, Godbe4me
[/SIZE]

Knowing God's Victory

[SIZE=+1]Read: 1 Corinthians 15: 55-58[/SIZE]

As Christians, we can know God’s victory. No matter if the problems we’re facing are big or small, we can overcome it when it’s placed in the hands of Jesus. He knows already everything that’s going on in our life, and He already knows a way out – a way to overcome.

No matter what you may face in your life, know that God is in control and will bring you through. He will give you the victory – but you have to trust each problem to Him. Don’t try battling on your own, without letting God help you. Always take your problems to the Lord. He will show you the way – maybe a way you have never thought of before.

Just trust Him, and know His victory!

© By M.S.Lowndes

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? - 1 John 5: 4-5(NKJV)

When in life you feel defeated

Trust your problems to the Lord
He will show you what you need to do
And victory shall be your reward
[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

You Have A Purpose

[SIZE=+1]Read: Ephesians 1: 4-12[/SIZE]​

Isn’t that so amazing! God had picked us out, before the world was created, to be His own. We were born into this world for a purpose. God had predestined us to fulfil a God-given calling.

Did you know that you have a special plan for your life that only you can fulfil? How does that make you feel? Pretty special I would think. It should do, because you are.

There is nobody else that can ever take your place in this universe. They won’t be able to fulfil your purpose, because God has designed it for you – and YOU only.

No one else has your personality, your abilities, or your gifts to carry out the calling God has for you. Only you can, because God has created YOU to fulfil it.

So know your purpose, know your destiny and live it out in your life.

Verses 11-12 from The Message translation:

...It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone...

© By M.S.Lowndes

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. - Jeremiah 29: 11 (AMP)

You have a purpose and a special plan
And a destiny to fulfil
Just ask the Lord to reveal it to you
So you can live out His will

God bless,

Godbe4me

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

Putting On God’s Armour

[SIZE=+1]Read: Ephesians 6: 10-18[/SIZE]​

What are we fighting against? What do we need for protection?

We are fighting the devil – Satan. We are not fighting people, but the powers of darkness in this world – which is Satan and his helpers. The protection we need is the armour of God.

What is the armour of God, and how can we clothe ourselves in it? Let’s look at each piece.

Belt of truth – Standing firm in truth. Living our lives by the truth of God’s word.

Breastplate of Righteousness – Walking uprightly before God. Aligning our lives to His standards.

Shod Feet – Standing with firm footed stability, being ready.

Shield of Faith – Standing firm in our faith. This will squash all the fiery darts Satan sends.

Helmet of Salvation – Protection for our minds. Satan attacks us here more than anywhere. We need to be sure of our Salvation and not waver or doubt.

All of these pieces are for protecting us – and need to be put on daily.

There is still one other piece we need to be armed with. This piece is not for protecting us, but for fighting with.

The sword of the Spirit – which is the word of God.

We cannot fight the enemy if we don’t know the word of God. It is vital for how effective we are when we use the sword, and how effective the rest of the armour is that protects us. No soldier goes to war with faulty weapons, or with faulty protection. Neither should we. The key here is to learn God’s word. Hide it in your heart. Then you can put on God’s armour and be able to stand firm.

© By M.S.Lowndes

So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you. - James 4: 7 (AMP)

Put on the armour that God supplies
And be ready to wage war
Keep standing firm on the word of God
For the victory shall be yours

[SIZE=+1]

God bless,

Godbe4me[/SIZE]

A Lesson In Humility

[SIZE=+1]Read: Philippians 2: 3-11 [/SIZE]​

We read here how we must have the same attitude of humility as Christ Jesus did. He is our example.

We should always think of other people rather than ourselves. We should care about their interests, their concerns and what they want to do. We shouldn’t have a selfish attitude – only thinking of ourselves and wanting to do everything our way. That kind of thinking isn’t fair on others. We all want to do our own thing, but sometimes we need to put aside what we want to do, in favour of what others want. If we don’t do this and continue to want everything our way all the time, we may end up having no friends and being alone. Nobody wants to be around someone that only wants to do what they want to do. We need to care about what others want, and to do things their way as well.

You know, we all can have different ideas, and by putting these ideas together, we can accomplish great things. That’s working together – and that’s fair play!

© By M.S.Lowndes

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. ~ Romans 12:3

We need to put aside our own interests

For the sake of someone else
For they are just as important to God
So we shouldn't think of only ourselves

[SIZE=+1]God bless,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Godbe4me[/SIZE]

Having A Right Attitude

[SIZE=+1]

Read: 2 Corinthians 11: 24-33

If anyone understands disappointments and hardships, Paul does – yet he maintained a right attitude.

How do we react to disappointments? How do we react when we don’t get our own way?

No matter what disappointments or frustrations we face in life, we can either let it get us down or not, depending on how we handle it – which is our attitude.

If we have an attitude of self-pity, and feel that it’s ‘not fair’, then we won’t rise above it, instead we will feel miserable.

It takes on a whole new meaning when we choose to respond in a more loving way. Especially in an area where someone else seems to be getting his or her way above what we wanted. To have a right attitude, we need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves when we don’t get our own way. This is a hard lesson to learn, because it does hurt and makes us angry. But we do need to try to choose to react lovingly. Taking on a wrong attitude, for whatever reason, causes us to become bitter inside and feel as though the whole world is against us. This is a sad and lonely place to be.

God loves you and wants you to be free from the hurts and anger that results in having a ‘bad attitude’.

There are going to be disappointments and frustrations in life. People do let us down. The key here though, is to seek God through it all and allow His love into the situation. Ask Him for the help you need in how you will respond to it all.

© By M.S.Lowndes

God bless,

Godbe4me

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. ~ James 1: 2-3

Lord I pray that I may develop
An attitude that honours you
No matter what trials I may face
With gratitude help me through

[/SIZE]

God’s Ways vs. World’s Ways

[SIZE=+1]

Read: Psalm 1

Our delight as Christians is in knowing God and walking in His ways – firmly grounded in His word.

It is not the way of the Lord to live in the counsel of the ungodly – following their advice. In other words, we don’t listen to what the world says we should do, but we do what God’s word says to do. We don’t stand in the path where sinners walk. In other words, we don’t walk down the path they are walking, coming under their influence. We don’t sit down to rest where the scornful and mockers gather – to be seen as like-minded with them.

God’s ways are so different to the world’s ways. The times we live in today are hard. There is so much the world is telling us that seems all right on the surface – but it’s lies masked as truth. We need to pray that God would show us the truth amongst it all – seeking His counsel in it.

As we continue to live by God’s word, we shall be like a tree firmly planted by streams. We shall be nourished and refreshed, always producing fruit in season. God blesses our stand for Him. No matter what the ungodly say or do, as we stand for Jesus and the truth of God’s word – we shall be blessed.

© By M.S.Lowndes

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit... For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. ~ Romans 8:1; Romans 8:5

Your ways Lord are not the same
As what the world displays
Help me Lord to see the difference
And choose to walk your way
God bless, Godbe4me
[/SIZE]

Giving To God

This reading here is talking about something called a ‘Tithe’.

What exactly is 'tithing'? Is it the same as bringing an offering to God, or giving to a need?

A tithe is 10% of what we have – of our earnings. We see in v:10, that it says to “bring the tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house”. This ‘storehouse’ means the church where we go.

Though this is a practice from Old Testament times, we can still live by this today – as the giving of a tithe or an offering is what we decide in our hearts to do. In the bible days, they often gave tithes of their crops – herbs, fruit and grain. We don’t usually give a tithe of these things in our part of the world, though some countries may do so. The tithe we give comes out of what we have earned from the job we have. This is separate from giving an ‘offering’, or giving to a ‘need’.

Both tithing and giving offerings, need to be given from a heart willing to give. We need to give out of a desire to bless others. We should not give out of pressure, but to give because we want to.

The important thing to remember about tithing, is that when we live by this principle we are putting God first, and trusting our needs to Him. Even if we think we don’t have much to give, we should still give as God prompts us – as God sees our hearts and will bless us more than we could ever know. I can testify to God’s blessings being poured out on my family. I believe this is because we chose to put God first and gave our tithes faithfully, even though it was sometimes hard to do that.

So, is there a way you can give to help and bless someone else? Maybe you have books, toys or clothing that you can give to other children that don’t have much. Maybe you could talk to your parents or Sunday school teacher about how you can apply this to your life. But remember, giving is from the heart.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. ~ 2 Corinthians 9: 6-8(NLT)

Lord I want to be a blessing
To others, and to you
So help me see how I can give
Into your storehouse too

God bless,

Godbe4me

Back