Capital punishment.

The real point here is "what do you do with those who are a real and present danger to the populace"?
Do you let rapists and murderers go free because you "Don't want to kill"?
Why do people "put down" rabid dogs? Because they are a real danger and cannot be cured.
The same goes for certain classes of criminals.
Yes, God sees all. God also intituted elders to govern, and kill when it is warranted.

In a land where the rich do not get the same justice as the poor, whiile I agree something has to be done, I worry about the unjust judges.

Oh dogs again.
I started a thread about that.
Just want to add when they in prison, many are unrepentant and go on perpetuating their crimes when they get out...or even in prison, theres lots of homosexuality and assault. It is kind of like rabid dogs. Certain criminals..well some peoples consciences are hardened, I know theres scriptures about that. like its seared into them and unable to be reversed. Paedophiles, for instance. Ive never known any to be successfully rehabed or converted.
If there are..theyve never testified about Jesus that I know of. They may just use the bible to jusitify their crimes instead.

When I was younger, I was all in favor of capital punishment. But now, as I see so many wrongly convicted and sentenced to die for crimes uncommited, I'm more in favor of life sentences with no parole.

I had a friend who worked in the ministry of justice in the courts and she said with drunk and reckless drivers what they would do is take them to the hospitals and also talk to the families of the victims to confront them of what they did.

I am reminded of that movie Amish Grace that the amish forgave the guy who murdered all those children in a school. I dont know if the guy actually repented or what happened there, if hes still locked up.

Yes wrong convictions happen in nz too, as well as serious fraud cover ups nobody can trace as its white collar crime...but that can cause deaths not in obvious ways...people in power often use it for ill. They never get convicted cos they havent literally shed blood but they contribute to peoples misery and pain.

This is a heavier topic than I think we even realize sometimes, and I genuinely think there can be merit to both sides of the discussion..."can" being the keyword. I've also heard arguments very poor arguments from each side.

I'd love to hear each perspective on how you all feel in regards to capital punishment -- whether it is a just act or always unjust.

Remember, be charitable, responsible, and thoughtful when discussing.
I wish I could present my case, but I do not have one.

Back