Blood Moon

scripture says those who received condemnation had the HS and gifts of the HS, thus refuting your explanation they were NOT really believers ..

is excepting acts of love is a commandment and enumerated in the criteria by Jesus Himself for salvation more important to resist so as to accept some man made theology which scripture refutes ???

I will ask these questions of you one more time ..

WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING "REALLY SAVED" ???
these BELIEVED IN JESUS ..
these HAD THE HS ..
these HAD GIFTS OF THE HS ..

please explain WHY these are NOT "REALLY SAVED" then ..
awaiting your reply ..
also WHY do you think YOU are any different then them ???

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IF YOU CAN ..
if you cannot, then look to this verse ..
1Jo 3:23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

note: see Jesus own words (Luke 10:25-28) on the criteria for the hope of salvation .. it is NOT only belief alone, but obedience in the works of love ..
"if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation" (Romans 10:9).

This says nothing about doing anything later to get saved a person can believe and confess all at once and is saved.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Not of works!!!

"and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:30-31).
Believing causes salvation. Nothing about works here.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13).

Again confession to be saved.

"Those who were reclining at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this man who even forgives sins?" 50And He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." (Luke 7:50).

Jesus said himself that it was the womans faith that saved her, not her works.

Jesus speaking, "Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved" (Luke 8:12).

Jesus says it is belief that saves.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5).

It is not of works but because of God's mercy.

"But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved" (Acts 15:11).

It is God's grace not our works.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

This doesn't say anything about works, just belief.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" (Mark 16:16).

Again it is belief that saves causing the inner baptism of the Holy Spirit.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory (Ephesians 1:13-14).

This is a guarantee from belief.

Once a person has believed by faith and confessed they undergo an inner baptism of the Holy Spirit.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:7).

The saved person not only has their sins paid for by Jesus, but by faith their sin self is made dead and they are made into a new creating within Christ, so they no longer live unto themselves, they are alive in Christ and His righteousness.

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20).

Any acts done by faith in God are righteous acts because they are done from God's righteousness. Any acts done by self out of faith in Christ's righteousness are not of faith because the believer only lives and is saved because they are in Christ so they must do their works from Christ's Spirit. The faith a believer has is that their sin self is dead by Christ's sacrifice and that they are a new creation in Christ so their works are only by Christ's righteousness because they are only alive because they are in Christ.

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit" (1 Peter 3:18).

"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him" (Romans 6:8).

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

"For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit" (1 Corinthians 12:12).

A believer is now acting as part of Christ's body (Christ who is the head) so their works are not their own.

Basically salvation is having faith and confessing that faith that Jesus was tortured and died to pay for our sins, that we died to our own sin self and that we were raised to new life as new creations in Christ being given the Holy Spirit as a promise of our salvation.

This post is getting long and I have to go out for a little while but I will answer the rest of this post and your other ones when I get home.

Hey! I came in this thread to read about blood moons, but it's getting filled with another subject. Start a new thread! *warning issued*
I asked him already in this thread to move to another thread. I am defending the gospel however and my reply was at first to someone who was responding about not being ready when the blood moon happened. I am responding to an attack against my post. This same thing has happened in many posts and I wish Ixoye would discuss it in one thread on salvation, but I have to resort to defending the gospel because he has done this same thing to me in many threads.

Hey! I came in this thread to read about blood moons, but it's getting filled with another subject. Start a new thread! *warning issued*
And I must say you are definitely not one to say anything about going off track since you continually engage in unrelated humor in many tracks yourself. If you want to criticize then be the one who takes the advice first.

Where is the Messiah, you need to look at your own self before you should be moderating. I hope they consider this before they let you start. You have been engaged in causing numerous threads to go off track!

I will move Ixoye's posts and my replies over to another thread for the sake of the members like Ravindran who are very courteous and may want to continue on the subject.

Ixoye I will reply to you in another thread I will start.
Sorry, my posts were not meant to be offensive in any way.. Apologies if it meant that way..

Where is the Messiah, you need to look at your own self before you should be moderating. I hope they consider this before they let you start. You have been engaged in causing numerous threads to go off track!

Are you mad? You seem defensive, but dont be upset, i think youre cool.

I make a small joke here and there. But in this thread I'm having to scroll through tons of posts to find anything related to blood moons. Which I am interested in. I mean no offense towards you guys, and I'm not taking sides in your guys argument either.

Don't be mad at me beloved sister. If I ever go too far off topic and completely high jack a thread, please let me know. I will not be mad at you.

And I must say you are definitely not one to say anything about going off track since you continually engage in unrelated humor in many tracks yourself. If you want to criticize then be the one who takes the advice first.

My jokes are always related. And I know you like my jokes too Olivia. :)

What do you call a clock on a MOON?

A lunartic.

Are you mad? You seem defensive, but dont be upset, i think youre cool.

I make a small joke here and there. But in this thread I'm having to scroll through tons of posts to find anything related to blood moons. Which I am interested in. I mean no offense towards you guys, and I'm not taking sides in your guys argument either.

Don't be mad at me beloved sister. If I ever go too far off topic and completely high jack a thread, please let me know. I will not be mad at you.
I am not mad. I took it to another post. I just consider the gospel the most important thing for believers.

Back