Bible Study Lessons.

Why do I study the bible a few hours a day for over 40 years??

I have learned the secrets of bible study that keep it so exciting can't wait to sit again.

It is extremely important to have th teacher with you---the Holy Spirit. If God wrote the whole bible to man through the pen hand of man--and he did---- we must realize that was not the man saying anything. He was only writing what he was told. The way deep wisdom of God is in every word. Man had to hear but translation is very difficult. Paul for example made no mistakes, just translaters who really did get the idea down skipping a few word mistakes.

So I don't bore you, I said all above to let you know that everything you read is from God's side looking down at man and women and children. You need to know this because it is all from God's perspective not man's. It will take God's help to understand difficult things and that can be prayerful.

Actually the more difficult to understand the more wonderful is what is being said.

To show you what hang in there means, I understand practically all of it. One day I prayed for a Hebrew friend to be sent my way. It was lke the next day God said to me you have it. He was saying Jesus was a Jew and he is your friend. Then all of a sudden he gave me a mind transformation so that when I read O.T. I understand a lot of what the symbolism means. It came supernaturally.

Now he comes and visits me and tells me mysteries. One of them being one of the greatest mysteries of all time. It is about 7-8 hours long. Even the whole world would come to hear it because it includes things man has been seeking for , for ages. it is so awesome you have to be sitting in your seat lest you fall. I am the only person in the world who knows it---it cannot be found unless God tells it to you. The point is God shows things to all lovers of his word.

You said..................
I understand practically all of it.
I am the only person in the world who knows it---

To tell you the brutal truth, those kind of statements scare me.

They speak to pride and arrogance and I for one encourage you to re-think what you are believeing and saying.

I wonder how 1 Cor 7:12. fits into the above declaration? "To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. " emphasis added
contrast this with 1 Cor 7:10.
If God wrote the whole bible to man through the pen hand of man--and he did---- we must realize that was not the man saying anything.
Was Paul a fibber or what?:rolleyes:

2 answers. 1. Thanks for asking me for clarity. I also apologize for any confusion due to my statement. The bible is a inexhaustible supply of learning---even I have a long way to go. Under intense training by the best ministers in the world, and many years of study, I was talking about the understanding of what is meant by what is written. To make that clear---when I read the basic statement of what the bible has written on it's pages , there is very little that I don't understand. Now when it comes to deeper revelations and secrets hidden there, which could be 1,000s, Those have to be revealed by the Holy Spirit. This is possible for all who pay the cost of serious bible study.

I also mention that it takes a lifetime to learn how to do all we are taught from the bible to do. Matt. 5: teaches us that blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the sons of God. By love we can help others to turn from errors or faults. My motive for learning has always been to learn how to do those wonderful things Jesus did.

I like the answer in RWP Paul remembers the commands Jesus gave to husbands and wives, which he learned later as he was not in the Lord at the time those commands were given. Jesus was against divorce.

Paul then shows he had no command of the Lord on the issue. He is showing here he just doesn't have a command of Jesus. He learns now by the Holy Spirit. He has just mentioned in 1Cor. 6: be not unequally yoked with unbelievers, so now he shows that it doesn't mean you have to drop your mate if your pleased to dwell with them if it can be peaceful and not distracting concerning the Lord. God bless.

Back