Alphabet Soup Garden Varieties

I do believe faith has a lot to do with it. Our walk continues to change us, in ways we might not notice.
While at work, we had a tornado warning. One touched down in our county about 30 minutes from the store.
I prayed with the Christians in the group that we would all be fine, and for the Lord to watch over us. Our prayer was answered.
However, their faith waivered as a few were still afraid of the weather as we sheltered in place for about 45 minutes.
We closed the store, and went into the break room which was the safest place. My thoughts were are you all not faithful?
Did we not just join in prayer for safety? Do you not believe in what you pray for will come to pass? I did not voice my opinions.
I thanked the Lord quietly for keeping us safe, and getting us all home in one piece that night.

Indeed Via dolarossa, our faith pulls us through the many trials we face in life :)
love and hugs to all ox'

Thenami
Praise God that your prayers were answered and I know it should be straightforward that as Christians we should trust and not falter in our faith, but I know from personal experience I can tell anyone where to find assurance from God's Word but I still waver at times in surrendering completely to God. I believe it has been said many times that the hardest prayer is "Thy will be done." For the last few years my wife and I have struggled with health issues and I am concerned about what would be major surgery for my wife and due to her age it can be dangerous. I continue to pray about it but struggle with just resting in the Lord. I am secure in our Salvation and have no fear of either of us dying but I still stress about this impending operation, I know it is foolishness and a lack of faith, and I believe that God takes us through these struggles to increase our faith, and I should fully embrace the opportunity and I know I need to let go and let God take care of my wife, but my humanness causes me to waver, so I understand how others can struggle at times. Romans 8 has become my GOTO at times like this and I find myself resting in these passages daily. If not for the Lord I would struggle through each day the older I get, "age may not weary" but it does make you feel more vulnerable. I look forward to that day when there will be no more pain, sadness or tears and we will be in the presence of our Lord forever.
Yours in Faith Tsavah2

@keeping you and your wife in prayer Tsavah2 for health ailments. Nothing worse brother.

——————————————

Wading through the grimly lit swamps
Death lies waiting;
as harsh as the winter wind and
As soft as wool
knowing one day it will all be over.
Searching for an interruption; a break in the mud
Not sure if I’m just numb or it’s just a vacant buzzer that He turns up like a dimmer switch whenever I need reminding the pain ain’t mine.

So I keep on wading and I keep on hoping:

With the sunshine on our crosses
It’s what pulls us through

@keeping you and your wife in prayer Tsavah2 for health ailments. Nothing worse brother.

——————————————

Death lies waiting;
As soft as wool
Not sure if I’m just numb or it’s just a vacant buzzer that He turns up like a dimmer switch whenever I need reminding the pain ain’t mine.

Thank you for your prayers everyone and your compassion. It seems that 2Cor1:3 is so relevant when one needs prayer, the comfort He gives us so that we might comfort others. Praise God for His Living Word. Tsavah2

I know it should be straightforward that as Christians we should trust and not falter in our faith, but I know from personal experience I can tell anyone where to find assurance from God's Word but I still waver at times in surrendering completely to God. I believe it has been said many times that the hardest prayer is "Thy will be done." For the last few years my wife and I have struggled with health issues and I am concerned about what would be major surgery for my wife and due to her age it can be dangerous. If not for the Lord I would struggle through each day the older I get, "age may not weary" but it does make you feel more vulnerable. I look forward to that day when there will be no more pain, sadness or tears and we will be in the presence of our Lord forever. Yours in Faith Tsavah2

Hello Tsavah2;

I read your post, cut and blue-lighted the part that spoke to my heart. Remember when we were in our 20s and 30s? We were talking and concerned about different things back then. But as we get older we get more perspective about our faith, trust and asking God to tend to our health cares.

I realized a few years ago I'm too old to get into scraps-fights, arguing and getting angry because at my age it festers in me and this is not healthy or profitable, especially when my wife had witnessed this in my years past. I praise God for growing me up and guarding my heart, tongue and fists.

I feel it's because through more prayer, staying in God's Word and application, God matures us in wisdom, knowledge and care for others. This is good.

One of my daily prayers are health concerns of others and managing my health. Now, this doesn't mean God is going to give me perfect health until my last day on earth. It means that our trust and surrender to God is there as He guides and carries us through our times of illness and handicaps.

When I watch my wife laughing through a nice movie it brings a joy to my heart. When she is reading her Daily Bread I can see the peace in her. When she asks me to lead our evening Bible reading blesses me instead of my reminding her.

I'm with you, brother Tsavah2, God bless you, your wife, and entire family.

Hello Tsavah2;

I read your post, cut and blue-lighted the part that spoke to my heart. Remember when we were in our 20s and 30s? We were talking and concerned about different things back then. But as we get older we get more perspective about our faith, trust and asking God to tend to our health cares.

I realized a few years ago I'm too old to get into scraps-fights, arguing and getting angry because at my age it festers in me and this is not healthy or profitable, especially when my wife had witnessed this in my years past. I praise God for growing me up and guarding my heart, tongue and fists.

I feel it's because through more prayer, staying in God's Word and application, God matures us in wisdom, knowledge and care for others. This is good.

One of my daily prayers are health concerns of others and managing my health. Now, this doesn't mean God is going to give me perfect health until my last day on earth. It means that our trust and surrender to God is there as He guides and carries us through our times of illness and handicaps.

When I watch my wife laughing through a nice movie it brings a joy to my heart. When she is reading her Daily Bread I can see the peace in her. When she asks me to lead our evening Bible reading blesses me instead of my reminding her.

Thank you so very much for your advice and understanding, it seems that we grow strongest in the Valleys where there seems so little light except the Lord's, and it becomes a catalyst for our Faith. Every battle we face causes to grow stronger. Sometimes one feels like a boxer who has been knocked out too many times, the getting up gets a little harder each time but with a hand from the Lord it makes it easier. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME. Phil 4:13
Thank you again. TSAVAH2
——————————————

Death lies waiting;
As soft as wool

Thank you for your prayers everyone and your compassion. It seems that 2Cor1:3,4 is so relevant when one needs prayer, the comfort He gives us so that we might comfort others. Praise God for His Living Word. Tsavah2

Hello Tsavah2;

Thank you such for your advice and compassion, it seems at times that we spend a lot of times in the Valley as we grow older, but that is where we grow stronger. In the darkness God's light is brighest. Thank you from Tsavah2

there are so many different types of time
work rest play nourishment sleep repeat
its a matter of perspective I suppose
is time relative or an illusion
like Einstein once contemplated
in his many scientific theories
is it different periods in history
or could be something purchased
like minutes for a satellite phone
maybe a block of time scheduled
peak times of travel on a train
a time to reap and a time to sow
there is even "hammer time"
what is a definite is mine will expire
I have an earthly shelf life allotted
when mine here comes to an end
I will experience everlasting life
and live in my forever home prepared
so what happens to this measurement
shall fade away and slowly be forgotten
as these hands of time keep turning
these planets moons and stars keep glowing
till our Father in heaven decides otherwise
cause He is time itself knowing all things
He is Alpha and Omega beginning and ending
therefore whatever is in between is His gift
might we remember it belongs to Him

Last edited:
Thenami
I once wrote a poem for a dear friend who was dying many years ago and the theme was focused on the relevance of time itself, due to this friend's young age. I no longer have the poem to relate to but part of it referred to the fact that no matter how long we live every moment is a Jewell that can be treasured every second recounted as a special moment in time, every word spoken a key to the past, every smile a mirror to one's heart. Too often we forfeit opportunities to share our deepest concerns and dreams until it is too late, we fail to share what is deep within our hearts because of the overwhelming pain, so much so that it leaves an eternal stain on our memories. We must embrace the moment without exception for it is very rare to get a second chance, now is the time to speak up, now is the day of our confession, now is the release of our torment, speak now while you're able for you will never pass this way again.
Tsavah2

we are nothing but memories
as they melt away into insignificance
not upon the pages of history
forgotten as meteors revolve flying free
with only the sun to remember them
they too are slowly burned away
into the ashes of yesterday...

ox'

we are nothing but memories
as they melt away into insignificance
not upon the pages of history
forgotten as meteors revolve flying free
with only the sun to remember them
they too are slowly burned away
into the ashes of yesterday...

ox'

Hello thenami;

I've always believed that those loved ones who pass away may be forgotten, they cannot take us with them but they can take the memories with them, forever.

God bless you, sister, and your family.

I feel like a mechanic of sorts
fixing the daily struggle damage
its all around me everyplace
laundry cleaning making meals
maintenance of vehicles
prayer being the most important
corruption and self worth
intertwines itself like ivy vines
I fight through them to the roots
being efficient at removing them
is an essential act to behold