All glory to The Lord

Jul 20, 2021
Uk
I've been feeling 'off' in my Christian walk for a while. Its been getting gradually worse. Some call it a 'wilderness' period?

Yesterday, I felt physically sick with it.
I'd had too much caffeine, don't think that helped, but I didn't sleep at all last night.

Once i'd stopped doing d.i.y. jobs in my head, (four hours later!) I started praying.

For church members, housegroup, family then, of course, myself. I remembered Jesus words 'I haven't come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance' and I started repenting, for my past mostly. I started thinking about the people in Jeremiah's day, who repented, but their repentance wasn't genuine. Which is why they still went into captivity.

God knows the heart.

I have been sorry before, but maybe it wasn't genuine.

Anyway, I eventually got out of bed, and I've been so full of energy all day, after no sleep! I mean, caffeine's good, but it's not that good.

I feel that the wilderness has gone.
Hope this helps someone, to wait ..it will pass.
His mercy endures forever

All too often we take our troubles to the cross and lay them at Jesus' feet, then pick them back up and go away just as burdened as before. As the song says "Leave it there". His yoke is light, that of sin is a heavy burden indeed. I am glad yours' has been lifted. Praise His holy name!
Amen