1. A place of fellowship, support, encouragement, and learning shared by members from all around the world. We pray that this online community helps you grow closer to God while you build relationships with other people. Our forums are free, easy to use and equipped with features to enhance your online experience. Sign Up Now >>

Alcohol: Is it a sin or not?

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Clueless, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Preacher

Preacher New Member

Amens/Likes Received:
    Roman, you have touched on a very interesting point and one that has not been covered. At one point during this thread, I was going to bring it up and I'm not quite sure why I didn't. I guess old age (36;)) is creeping up on me.

But to me, the consumption of the alcohol is not as dangerous as the example we set. And your friend is a perfect example of that. If I'm out in the middle of the desert, on the verge of dehydration, there's no water in sight, and I have a beer, I don't think God will condemn me for drinking that beer to stay alive. Otherwise, we would be committing a sin everytime we took a dose of NyQuil when we catch a cold. NyQuil is better than 25% alcohol and stronger than many of the drinks you buy at a bar.

Where the danger in drinking a beer comes in is what people see of us. If I have 1 beer and my neighbor sees it, he's liable to go out and become a drunk. He's liable to get the idea "Well, Preacher's a good Christian and he had a beer, so it's OK for me to go out and have all I want." The real danger is the precedent we set. My neighbor may not have the will power or desire to stop after 1 beer like I might.

And before someone says it, Preacher is not saying it's OK to drink as long as you hide it very well.:) Afterall, God is always watching.;)