Advent thought day 3

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the term... entering into the Throne Room of God. It's a term that I have heard used with Worship and it's actually the only time I have ever heard this scripture used... with reference to Worship... However... upon further inspection of the scripture below... it would seem that the invitation is for those who are in need of Mercy and Grace. This is a totally different stance/position. One that states... come to the Throne Room to find my mercy and grace any time you are in need. Funny how we get a scripture stuck in our heads without actually looking at the proper scripture. I have done that often... just memorized a part of the scripture... without seeing the full context. It has never gotten me in trouble because I have only ever used the scripture for my own personal comfort... however... a good reminder to go to the bible for your source.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. ~Hebrews 4:16

We are told we can BOLDLY approach the throne of GRACE with full assurance that we will receive His mercy and grace.

My grandma always said when the minister starts reading the Bible with ‘Therefore’ go back to the bible and see what the therefore is therefore ‘Some’ preachers dive into the bible at interesting places to ‘make’ their
point
I have found it good advise to get the most out of hearing the bible expounded

My grandma always said when the minister starts reading the Bible with ‘Therefore’ go back to the bible and see what the therefore is therefore ‘Some’ preachers dive into the bible at interesting places to ‘make’ their
point
I have found it good advise to get the most out of hearing the bible expounded
Thank you Alan... I have been moved by this very fact. I come from a place of being very afraid to read scriptures for fear of misunderstanding them.

Back