ADHD - Check

Yep. When I was a kid, I had a fairly severe case of this.

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Redlin was the medical establishment's answer for kids like me, although that stuff didn't really do all that much good to settle my hyperactivity and emotional instabilities at that time while living in home environment of chaos.

Sounds ominous, doesn't it? Sounds like something right out of the science journals. What's interesting is that gender disorder and gender dysfunctionalities in the arena of attractions are no longer considered disorders by the APA due to political leanings, which proves that psychiatry has long since become corrupted by politics, and therefore a departure from real science, , but that's an entirely different discussion.

As a child, I had many of these defining characteristics:

• Impulsiveness
  • Disorganization and problems prioritizing
  • Poor time management skills
  • Problems focusing on a task
  • Trouble multitasking
  • Excessive activity or restlessness
  • Poor planning
  • Low frustration tolerance
  • Frequent mood swings
  • Problems following through and completing tasks
  • Hot temper
  • Trouble coping with stress
Much of those maladies found in our home and family a very fertile breeding ground for these things to become mature in the soils of young minds and hearts not yet touched by the mighty Power of the Lord in our lives. These things became a natural outflow from a home NOT bathed in prayers, NOT bathed in love, NOT bathed in peace and caring.

I don't know if anyone out there is seeing this in their kids, or perhaps in grandkids, neighbor's kids, etc., but I stumbled across this video that hit home to me, and may be a help to others out there who are in contact with some who are exhibiting these characteristics.

I will give an account of my personal journey out of this demon-infested problem in my life for anyone who would care to peak into that compartment of my past life, but this guy really did speak what is so valid and relevant to so many who are in the list of those who have been touched by this. It's a very short video, but it does speak loud volumes toward understanding.

About 24 years ago I almost went into the career direction as a college advisor for post high school students. One of the prerequisites was a study of ritalin for children suffering from ADHD.

ADHD for many children is a serious issue and even for some adults who didn't know they had it. But ritalin used to treat ADHD can be misprescribed by the children's physician if the child is not carefully diagnosed. Many doctors will not prescribe ritalin and instead use other methods to treat ADHD.

It's a case by case. Fortunately, when ritalin was prescribed carefully the child who is raised in a Christian family thanked God for helping their child heal through medication and come closer in their faith beside the child's parents.

I was diagnosed as having a serious, short attention span as a child. My children's therapist's diagnosis to my parents was that I had a vivid imagination as a child. As a result she strongly advised a method to my parents by encouraging me to write and from that moment and through the years this went a long way in creative writing, short stories, journalism and Business English.

I found that I enjoyed writing and it lessened my attention span of always getting filled with thoughts that had no answers. This triggered my emotions.

Later I went into the direction of writing / composing lyrics for music and essays. It gave me a release from the strain of a short attention span which is not healthy for a young child and later benefitted as a young adult.

Back