1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Accepting Age, Versus Fighting it

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grow in Virtue, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Hi, below is a link to an article I wrote about acceptance of getting older, and how priorities change as we age.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

Article Excerpt: "Part of getting older is realizing that life is incredibly short and that God asks many things from us. For me, it’s a constant attempt to be humble, charitable and to remove all the vain and needless distractions, so I can focus on a closer relationship with Him. It’s a constant attempt (and often a struggle) to become less of a worldly person, and more of a spiritual person."

2. As one who is getting older (I will be 62 this year), I have thought a great deal about the process. Mentally, I am not as sharp as I was in my prime (and maybe that wasn’t all that sharp). Physically, I have had several signs of aging as well as what some consider major challenges. But the Lord has been and continues to be with me along the way.

I went through chemo-therapy a couple of years back followed by surgery. I can honestly say that I have always had a peace about it. The Lord was with me and guided my surgeon. My dear wife constantly guards my health.

I am concerned about failing health, but the end result does not fill my thoughts. Whatever time I have left whether it is limited by my health or the Lord returns soon, I want to be a blessing to my family and to those around me. I really am not so much interested in extending my time here as I am in helping those who I meet in my day-to-day life.
    Grow in Virtue likes this.
  3. When I was a young teenager, it seemed like it would take eternity to get to 21 years old. Now that I am 62 years old, I look back and seems like my life has only been a "vapor" of smoke that has only appeared for a little time, and it is now vanishing away. I am not concerned at all about this, as being a Christian I know that "to live is Christ, to die is gain". We born again believers have a "win win" situation going on. We can never loose no matter what happens.
    Grow in Virtue likes this.