1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

About the crowns

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by ATP, Jan 4, 2015.

1. I have three questions here, and I'm sort of perplexed of how to answer them.

1. If it's God's grace helping us overcome then why do we still receive crowns at the Bema Seat of Christ.
    2. If it's sanctification by grace and not works then how are we (earning) crowns.
    3. Do the crowns represent (how) we use God's grace.

Crown 1 - Crown Of Righteousness— Loved The Lord's Appearing - 2 Tim 4:8
    Crown 2 - Incorruptible Crown— Disciplined Bodies / Self-Control - 1 Cor 9:25-27
    Crown 3 - Crown Of Life— Endured Patiently Thru Trials - James 1:12, Rev 2:10
    Crown 4 - Crown Of Glory— Godly Leaders Who Were Examples To Flock - 1 Pet 5:2-4
    Crown 5 - Crown Of Rejoicing— Soul Winners Crown - 1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3

- ATP
  2. You earn more responsibility as you grow in maturity. You earn rewards for faithfulness. You do NOT earn salvation.
    Ravindran likes this.
  3. I agree. Eph 2:8.
  4. 1 Because He chooses to reward us. the crowns will be later laid at His feet. The crowns are given because of our obedience once we receive His grace.

2 We are saved by faith in Him, the crowns does not save but are given to those that are His.

3 The crowns are given based on us following God to where He leads us instead of following sin.
    Silk likes this.