A Genuine Christian?

Ruh, roh! That strikes at the root of whacko-ism that is utterly guilty of false prophecies during the COVID scam, and yet they still retain a large following... :confused:

Deuteronomy 28:28 The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of heart.

This must apply to their followers....

MM
so the anointing is not important ?

Ruh, roh! That strikes at the root of whacko-ism that is utterly guilty of false prophecies during the COVID scam, and yet they still retain a large following... :confused:

Deuteronomy 28:28 The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of heart.

This must apply to their followers....

MM
I hope no one misunderstands what I am saying.

I am saying that God’s anointing is for every believer. The assention of the Lord Jesus which prompted the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell ALL believers so that No one can justifiably claim any special status or ranking over anyone else. The work of the Holy Spirit is not just for people in up-front and prominent roles of preaching or singing.

It seems to be human nature to think that some people have more “power” or “anointing” or "Ability" than other people because of their faith or rank in the church. That is just not Biblical! Every child of God has the same anointing because we all have the same indwelling Holy Spirit. We are all on the same level in the eyes of God because the Word of God tells us that God show NO partiality to people!

So then, when a man feels Gods calling, or tugging or leading him into the ministry, that calling does NOT bring with it the knowledge he needs to be an effective minister of the Word of God. THAT is a misuse of the word "Anointing"!
While God does seem to bless some people with ministry gifts in more visible ways than others, the term "anointed" is not the best to describe this situation.

It would be the same as the drunk lying in the gutter, then one day he hears the gospel and accepts Christ and joins the church then the next day he asks the church to allow him to teach the book of Romans to the church.

The CALLING from God was to be saved! Salvation brought the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which is his "anointing"! He is justifiably excited about what has happened to him and he wants to tell others. That is normal and expected and even invited! However, his salvation experience and "anointing" of the Holy Spirit did NOT bring with it the knowledge of the book of Romans so as to teach others something he knows nothing about.

I totally understand the position of some to use the idea of being "anointed" as their credentials but to do so is a misuse of the term!

What do you think of this?

There are dynamics involved. It's one thing to deflect meaningless and obviously false accusations, and then there's that constellation of accusations where, even then, they jump to the defensive every time, especially when they find themselves confronted with uncomfortable, or accusatory questions and statements that should be given more thought. Rather than to answer, the individual leaps to the defensive option.

I won't go into a bunch of scenarios, but I will cite one example that actually happened: A minister of a large congregation in a certain city in America was found to be involved in a wife-swapping ring. When he was confronted by one individual in the privacy of his own office, he threw the guy out, threatening to call the police. Later, when confronted by that same man and a deacon and elder, he threw them out, demanding that it was all false. His anger and overall mannerism told them all they needed to know.

You see, how he handled the accusation is what was to very telling. Some would say that if he were truly innocent, then he had every reason to be angry. Rather than to be calm and confront the accusation with level-headed questions for specifics, his guilt was evident in his demeanor and anger. Guilt always has ways of betraying itself. I'm sure Bob would have some insights into this through his years of experience with people and accusations he has seen leveled against others, or perhaps even himself.

Others might say that, given the magnitude of the accusation, the angry response is justified. For myself, if confronted by someone with that accusation, I would be mystified, knowing good and well it's false, but to leap to the defensive, with anger as the fuel for the fire, that would be self-defeating. Sometimes the accuser has an agenda, especially if the accusation is false. Drilling down to the root can be very difficult, but defensiveness isn't always the response that's reasonable nor indicative of innocence. Defensiveness is a wall designed to try and bloc other's view into the truth of a matter, or to cover other avenues of guilt that may exist.

MM
I agree. There seems to be a lot more going on here than we saw. His reactions were way over the top. I have never had that happen in all of my career. I have had people at the end of the service approach me with questions about a topic preached, and phone calls on Monday, but never has anyone interrupted me so that I would have to yell and get angry like that man.

Now, we did have the Pastors class Bible study before worship services and I did have an open forum type of teaching method where I invited and encouraged responses and questions. But it was always respectful and positive. I can not remember when there was a combative question at all.
the anointing destroys the yoke .. is it the education that makes the preacher or the anointing / power of the Holy Spirit? i have listened to preachers with degrees. that was dryer than a hay field with out rain more months in hot summer heat/ then i have sat under and listened to preachers with no degree one with only a grade school education other just a H.S education..that preached the word with authority .
when i listen to men like adrian rogers David Jeremiah they bring it to level that the H.S gives them i am not against education with out the anointing you only have a degree. the "Anointing" is their ticket. it is the ticket

Hello BibleLover, Musicmaster, Major and forgiven;

I finally came across A Genuine Christian? and BibleLover's video struck a nerve with me. We're well versed with online chats and forum posts but it does not replace "live testimony" which I know you brothers have been around the block in your experiences.

No matter how much seminary education a Pastor may have, or the anointing of the Holy Spirit, Steven Anderson's handling of the man who interrupted the "order of service" asking for prayer caused him to meltdown. I get what Steven was feeling but in my discernment he was beyond anger. Did Steven have to remind the congregation of his credentials and the Church being his Church and other statements defending himself? His ushers looked more like bodyguards especially the dude with the sunglasses, seriously?

To the seasoned Christian in attendance, is Steven Anderson, or God, in charge? To the new Christian in attendance this sends an intimidating wrong message of a Pastor leading God's Church.

In an organized order of worship, aren't we to be guided in all situations by the Holy Spirit? When unexpected circumstances occur, isn't this part of the order of worship? I believe so and feel BibleLover, Musicmaster, Major and forgiven can relate, for example;

One Sunday during the praise and worship music a woman was praising God but broke down uncontrollably because life had taken it's toll on her. I motioned the other women to take her in the crying room. After service she was fine.

On another Sunday in 2021 I shared the pulpit with a Pastor candidate and during his sermon a stranger stormed in the sanctuary and prophesied that Jesus was coming back in 2022. I quietly got up, went outside and approached this person reminding them our service was taking place. The person got a grip and drove away and never came back. As far as I know Jesus didn't return in 2022 and we're all still here.

As Major and MM are suggesting, there may be a deep hidden agenda with this Steven Anderson's disposition or there may be two sides of this video. I know Major is a (loving) bulldog but I could never conceive him exposing his anger like that in front of his congregation.

The other side is, yes, men and women get angry, upset and disagreeable. But the Holy Spirit enables us to catch ourselves and do what we must to get back into the heart of worship.

As forgiven pointed out, the Pastor's education or anointing of the Holy Spirit has a goal of producing fruit for God's purpose. But that display of a constant self check and then leading with a gentle spirit is vital for the Pastor whom God has called to lead His people.

Please read carefully and meditate on this Passage;

2 Timothy 2:24-25, 24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, - ESV

So what is a genuine Christian? We who truly choose to follow Jesus yet confess we are imperfect, struggle with sin and need God's building up daily. My biggest prayer is asking God to help me to think of Him first as He guards my heart and tongue. It's a simple prayer but effective.

God bless you all and your entire families.

this Steven Anderson's
i dont watch many of the videos post as per this Steve Anderson not likening being interrupted for prayer request . its part of his job is to pray at any given time. he sounds more like a hireling . yes over the years i have seen several things. from a lady answering her phone in the middle of the message and start talking . i stood in for a pastor lady came back in after church was over. said to me i dont know if i am saved. i said would you like to . i called the church back to order we prayed with her.

if a person ask for prayer in the middle of the message.. you stop and pray. my 1st church i was preaching a lady said her son wanted to get saved .

i stopped the message had him come to the altar. hindsight i often wonder if it was mom wanting her son saved.. i am not the judge. being pastor is tough ..i have never experienced this

On another Sunday in 2021 I shared the pulpit with a Pastor candidate and during his sermon a stranger stormed in the sanctuary and prophesied that Jesus was coming back in 2022. I quietly got up, went outside and approached this person reminding them our service was taking place. The person got a grip and drove away and never came back. As far as I know Jesus didn't return in 2022 and we're all still here.

I aim to be as genuine as I can as a follower of Christ. I know I can struggle with my own battles of temptation and fallen sinful nature. If we all kept score of others, isn't that pride in itself. Says who can judge the heart? Do you really know? Sometimes posts like these makes me envision what the Heavenly courts would be like. God is the righteous Judge. Just because you aren't like them - does being you make it any better? Grace we were all saved. Let's remember that.

I aim to be as genuine as I can as a follower of Christ. I know I can struggle with my own battles of temptation and fallen sinful nature. If we all kept score of others, isn't that pride in itself. Says who can judge the heart? Do you really know? Sometimes posts like these makes me envision what the Heavenly courts would be like. God is the righteous Judge. Just because you aren't like them - does being you make it any better? Grace we were all saved. Let's remember that.
God called us to be fruit bearers not fruit inspectors

You did indeed hit upon an important aspect of the Christian life...in that we judge only the fruit. Teachings are a part of the fruit being cast out into the ears of the hearers. When the fruit is rotten because of falsehoods, then we recognize that there's a problem, mainly because Jesus said that the from the mouth come forth the issues of the heart. When the fruit of words is rotten, then we have good indication that there's a heart issue at play, although we as mortals cannot know the exact nature of that rottenness. I fully agree with you.

Thanks for your thoughtful insights.

MM

No matter how much seminary education a Pastor may have, or the anointing for the Holy Spirit, Steven Anderson's handling of the man who interrupted the "order of service" asking for prayer caused him to meltdown. I feel what Steven was feeling but in my discernment that was beyond anger. Did Steven have to remind the congregation of his credentials and the Church being his Church and other statements defending himself? His ushers looked more like bodyguards especially the dude with the sunglasses, seriously?

I have to admit that, as for myself, I don't have any Cemetery Degree or anything else in religious theology. I do, however, rely heavily upon those who have lingual, cultural and historic understanding of the various contexts within scripture, and that alone defrays the need for acquiring degrees in those fields so long as we have understanding.

Bob, it's with relief that my take on what manifested itself in that video wasn't just my own insights. King David, when Absalom sought his throne, walked away from it, leaving it to the Lord to defend his anointing as king over Israel...rather than to stand up and defend his kingship against his son. He was willing to walk away and let the Lord give that throne over to the son. That, of course, was not God's plan, and the Lord had His ways for bringing that to the forefront of the events and the nation.

In other words, any man who feels that he has to defend his position is good indication that he's there because of his own prowess and influences...lacking the comfort that were it God who put him there, the Lord would fight the battle in his place. Anderson does indeed have armed body guards...perhaps not professional, but rather among those men who are a part of his following. That screams out for the lack of faith in God's ability to defend His TRUE ministers of His Gospel! A famous preacher in New York did indeed have a stall of professional, armed body guards up until he retired.

Where's the faith?

Blessings to you and yours, Bob, and everyone else here. Love y'all.

MM

Paul washer seems to be a popular youtube preacher in here. you all can keep him i just listened to him spread lies about the Baptist he was telling of a young man who was wild in lifestyle that had died and the preacher got up and said i know he went to heaven because at age 9 he gave his heart to the Lord. he then said this is typical preaching in baptist Churches . let me assure you this so called baptist does not preach anyone into heaven.

yes i am well aware of the doctrine osas when i heard paul washer say this he turned me off and i will not listen to him. t.v cameras with videos has a way of puffing folks up

I have to admit that, as for myself, I don't have any Cemetery Degree or anything else in religious theology. I do, however, rely heavily upon those who have lingual, cultural and historic understanding of the various contexts within scripture, and that alone defrays the need for acquiring degrees in those fields so long as we have understanding. Bob, it's with relief that my take on what manifested itself in that video wasn't just my own insights. King David, when Absalom sought his throne, walked away from it, leaving it to the Lord to defend his anointing as king over Israel...rather than to stand up and defend his kingship against his son. He was willing to walk away and let the Lord give that throne over to the son. That, of course, was not God's plan, and the Lord had His ways for bringing that to the forefront of the events and the nation. In other words, any man who feels that he has to defend his position is good indication that he's there because of his own prowess and influences...lacking the comfort that were it God who put him there, the Lord would fight the battle in his place. Anderson does indeed have armed body guards...perhaps not professional, but rather among those men who are a part of his following. That screams out for the lack of faith in God's ability to defend His TRUE ministers of His Gospel! A famous preacher in New York did indeed have a stall of professional, armed body guards up until he retired. Where's the faith?
MM

Hello Musicmaster;

A Cemetery Degree? If that's what it's called then I believe we all graduate. lol!

I took the video seriously and know there was a reason you shared it and thank you. I don't condemn Steven Anderson and I do get him. He may be a Pastor with a noble calling, but is still just a man who "messed up" in that video. If I was in attendance I would have called him aside afterward and refute him in love.

MM, I prayed for this man last night and made me think of the bonehead mistakes I made and could give you a list. In this crazy life I find that the "people business" is our ministry and it's not easy. I'm still growing in God's faith until the day I go before Him. But while on this earth He sends others to minister to us / me.

You share a good point about David. From studying 1 Samuel 16, 2 Samuel through 1 Kings 2:12, David was a great king, had a great army of God and everything else at his beck and call. But his sin brought calamity to his household and seemed confused and struggled as a father to his children.

God bless you, brother, and thank you.

I like that ;)
However, think about what God said in Matthew 7:20: ......
“Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”

CONTEXT! If We start with verse 15 and move through to verse 20:........
“ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. [16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? [17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. [18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. [19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. [20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”
False prophets appear good. even sound good, but the content of their message exposes them as evil. A corrupt tree, or a false teacher, manufactures wrong information; a good tree, or a godly teacher, brings forth good information.

I have to admit that, as for myself, I don't have any Cemetery Degree or anything else in religious theology. I do, however, rely heavily upon those who have lingual, cultural and historic understanding of the various contexts within scripture, and that alone defrays the need for acquiring degrees in those fields so long as we have understanding.

Bob, it's with relief that my take on what manifested itself in that video wasn't just my own insights. King David, when Absalom sought his throne, walked away from it, leaving it to the Lord to defend his anointing as king over Israel...rather than to stand up and defend his kingship against his son. He was willing to walk away and let the Lord give that throne over to the son. That, of course, was not God's plan, and the Lord had His ways for bringing that to the forefront of the events and the nation.

In other words, any man who feels that he has to defend his position is good indication that he's there because of his own prowess and influences...lacking the comfort that were it God who put him there, the Lord would fight the battle in his place. Anderson does indeed have armed body guards...perhaps not professional, but rather among those men who are a part of his following. That screams out for the lack of faith in God's ability to defend His TRUE ministers of His Gospel! A famous preacher in New York did indeed have a stall of professional, armed body guards up until he retired.

Where's the faith?

MM
I dont have a "Cemetery" degree either. I do have a Cemetry plot to be buried in but I do have a Seminary degree.

I never needed any body guards. My wife sat on the front row and anyone that got pass her, I ran from!!!!

I have on occasion, in the middle of a sermon stopped because someone walked to the front alter. I walked down and asked them what was going on. They simple said that they were convicted and needed to pray. I immediately motioned for one of the deacons to come and pray with them.

I did have one man aske me.........."what must I do to get saved" in the middle of the service. Needless to say, the whole church shouted AMEN and that was the start of the rest of the sermon!

Back