1 Kings 3:18-20

1 Kings 3:18-20 King James Version (KJV)

18 And it came to pass the third day after that I was delivered, that this woman was delivered also: and we were together; there was no stranger with us in the house, save we two in the house.

19 And this woman's child died in the night; because she overlaid it.

20 And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.

An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

18 Well, it was three days after I gave birth that this woman also gave birth in the same place while no one else was around… there was just the two of us in the house. 19 Then this woman's son died during the night when she rolled over on him. 20 So she got up in the middle of the night and took my son from my arms and put him to her breasts; then she took her son that had died and laid him at my breasts.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 Due to this situation there were no witnesses who were required by the law but it did not mean her story was not true. We need to be able to listen to people and lead them to Lord and help them even if there are no witnesses to their story.

19 This may have been common for the day shows inexperience as a mother, was done by accident. It is common in today’s time for the baby to have their own bed to prevent this but it was not done at this time.

20 She exchanged the babies; this was the cause of their problem. They both wanted a child but one was dead and the other only was one of theirs.

Back