Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (2 Samuel Chapter 1 to 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Samuel 23:25-30 (NLT)

25 Shammah from Harod;Elika from Harod;
26 Helez from Pelon; Ira son of Ikkesh from Tekoa;
27 Abiezer from Anathoth; Sibbecai from Hushah;
28 Zalmon from Ahoah; Maharai from Netophah;
29 Heled son of Baanah from Netophah; Ithai son of Ribai from Gibeah (in the land of Benjamin);
30 Benaiah from Pirathon; Hurai from Nahale-gaash;

2 Samuel 23:31-39 (NLT)

31 Abi-albon from Arabah; Azmaveth from Bahurim;
32 Eliahba from Shaalbon; the sons of Jashen;
33 Jonathan son of Shagee from Harar; Ahiam son of Sharar from Harar;
34 Eliphelet son of Ahasbai from Maacah; Eliam son of Ahithophel from Giloh;
35 Hezro from Carmel; Paarai from Arba;
36 Igal son of Nathan from Zobah; Bani from Gad;
37 Zelek from Ammon; Naharai from Beeroth, Joab’s armor bearer;
38 Ira from Jattir; Gareb from Jattir;
39 Uriah the Hittite. There were thirty-seven in all.

2 Samuel 24:1 (NLT) - 1 Once again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he caused David to harm them by taking a census. “Go and count the people of Israel and Judah,” the LORD told him.

2 Samuel 24:2 (NLT) - 2 So the king said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Take a census of all the tribes of Israel—from Dan in the north to Beersheba in the south—so I may know how many people there are.”

2 Samuel 24:10 (NLT)

10 But after he had taken the census, David’s conscience began to bother him. And he said to the LORD, “I have sinned greatly by taking this census. Please forgive my guilt, LORD, for doing this foolish thing.”

2 Samuel 24:11 (NLT) - 11 The next morning the word of the LORD came to the prophet Gad, who was David’s seer. This was the message:

2 Samuel 24:12 (NLT) - 12 “Go and say to David, ‘This is what the LORD says: I will give you three choices. Choose one of these punishments, and I will inflict it on you.’”

2 Samuel 24:13 (NLT)

13 So Gad came to David and asked him, “Will you choose three[d] years of famine throughout your land, three months of fleeing from your enemies, or three days of severe plague throughout your land? Think this over and decide what answer I should give the LORD who sent me.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back