Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Samuel Chapter 1 to 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Samuel 30:17 (NLT)

17 David and his men rushed in among them and slaughtered them throughout that night and the entire next day until evening. None of the Amalekites escaped except 400 young men who fled on camels.

1 Samuel 30:21 (NLT) - 21 Then David returned to the brook Besor and met up with the 200 men who had been left behind because they were too exhausted to go with him. They went out to meet David and his men, and David greeted them joyfully.

1 Samuel 30:22 (NLT) - 22 But some evil troublemakers among David’s men said, “They didn’t go with us, so they can’t have any of the plunder we recovered. Give them their wives and children, and tell them to be gone.”

1 Samuel 30:23 (NLT) - 23 But David said, “No, my brothers! Don’t be selfish with what the LORD has given us. He has kept us safe and helped us defeat the band of raiders that attacked us.

1 Samuel 30:24 (NLT) - 24 Who will listen when you talk like this? We share and share alike—those who go to battle and those who guard the equipment.”

1 Samuel 30:28-31 (NLT)

28 Aroer, Siphmoth, Eshtemoa,
29 Racal, the towns of the Jerahmeelites, the towns of the Kenites,
30 Hormah, Bor-ashan, Athach,
31 Hebron, and all the other places David and his men had visited.

1 Samuel 31:1 (NLT) - 1 Now the Philistines attacked Israel, and the men of Israel fled before them. Many were slaughtered on the slopes of Mount Gilboa.

1 Samuel 31:2 (NLT) - 2 The Philistines closed in on Saul and his sons, and they killed three of his sons—Jonathan, Abinadab, and Malkishua.

1 Samuel 31:4 (NLT)
Saul groaned to his armor bearer, "Take your sword and kill me before these Philistines come to run me through and taunt and torture me."
But his armor bearer was afraid and would not do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it.

1 Samuel 31:7 (NLT)
When the Israelites on the other side of the Jezreel Valley and beyond the Jordan saw that the Israelite army had fled and that Saul and his sons were dead, they abandoned their towns and fled. So the Philistines moved in and occupied their towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back