Toxic Hatred In A Christian Life

wow interesting
I had a christian writer friend who's daughter was also in LBTQA but she didn't repent. So her mum had to 'tolerate' I think the word is her lifestyle and accept her lesbian partner. (they didn't live with her, but she might have supported them?)

What made your daughter repent it wasn't anything you said or did you pray for her or what. Deliverance is key for that.
What about husbands or wives who commit adultery? Do they repent? I think most divorce.

How bout you just name the sin -- my anger and hatred are sinful Lord please deliver me - and He could do it in 3 days, give you peace. Even if you are already a Christian?
What made your daughter repent it wasn't anything you said or did you pray for her or what. Deliverance is key for that.
What about husbands or wives who commit adultery? Do they repent? I think most divorce.

----------

God is the only one that can deliver - ofcourse I prayed and contiuned to love her as my daughter. I didn't condone the sin. I contiuned to be there for her, to love her, to support her and she told me lastnight I did so much to hurt you. Yet you never wavered and contiuned to love me Mom. God calls us as parents to be the representatives of His love. When we are first children he forms that trust between parents. When he tells about being like the children - we have that humility as children and relationship with our parents. We need them.

Matthew 17:21 - Other ancient authorities insert verse 21, But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting Some Greek manuscripts exclude this verse. The CSB related footnote for 17:20 states: Some mss include v. 21: “However, this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting.”

As Jesus explains to the crowd, the key was the faith of those involved. So it is evident that rooted in faith in Jesus Christ is effective (see James’ assertion that the prayer of a righteous [believing] person is effective. Jesus was challenging the crowd, the boy’s father, and the disciples on the importance of believing in Him as the One who could accomplish what would otherwise be impossible.

Only Jesus can do it.
We are only vessels.

Above all, have fervent and unfailing love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins [it overlooks unkindness and unselfishly seeks the best for others].

1 Peter 4:8
Love also covers over a multitude of sins in that it does not gossip about sin. Rather than share the offenses of our brothers and sisters in Christ with anyone who will listen, we exercise discretion and restraint. Matthew 18:15–17 instructs us on the appropriate way to confront those who sin. James 5:19–20 says, “My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.” It is loving to speak truth to others regarding sin. First Corinthians 13:6 tells us that “love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.”

Another thing love does is protect (
1 Corinthians 13:7). Love does not cover over a multitude of sin by sweeping matters under the rug. Some have appealed to the forgiving nature of love in their attempt to hide indiscretion. For example, rather than report child abuse, a church might cover it up. This is not what true love does. Love protects by helping both the victim and the offender, and it also strives to prevent further offenses.

Love covering sin also does not mean we disregard our own emotions or ignore our personal boundaries. We cannot “cover” sin by denying that it hurt us. We cover sin by acknowledging it and then extending the forgiveness God has given us to others.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” (
1 Corinthians 13:4–7). Another way that love covers over a multitude of sins is choosing not to take offense at everything. Some sins against us are not worth confronting. Personal slights, snide or ignorant remarks, and minor annoyances can be easily forgiven for the sake of love. “A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.” If we are patient, not envious or self-seeking, we are much less likely to even take offense. Acting in love means we put others before ourselves. Love can cover a multitude of sin in that, when we act in true love, we are prone to overlook minor offenses, tolerate the provocations, and forgive the sin.

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:1-3).

18:3 — “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Jesus was speaking of the humility of little children and their unconcern for social status or public opinion. He also wanted his followers to understand the importance of being like a child who trusts his father or mother. Because of family difficulties, some may have trouble with this concept. But Jesus has promised never to fail or leave those who place their trust in him.

God's Word is to bring forth truth - the gospel sets you free. Bible is a mirror showing you how sinful you are and yet God's willingness to save and gift grace and eternal salvation thru Christ. We watched Paradise Lost: Genesis. She realized so much the plan of God. His creation, His plan and power and how incredibly the Almighty ordained and fashioned all of us, the earth, and how He sent His Son to die for us. That He called us before the foundations of the earth. He knew us before we were formed. He knows every hair in our heads. She realized how intimate and personal God's love is. Yes - God delivered her. As only He can do. It's God's power, grace, forgiveness and unconditional love [self sacrificial] that He sent His Only Son to die for all of us while we were still sinners.

Romans 5:7-9 New Century Version (NCV)
Very few people will die to save the life of someone else. Although perhaps for a good person someone might possibly die. But God shows his great love for us in this way: Christ died for us while we were still sinners.

How bout you just name the sin -- my anger and hatred are sinful Lord please deliver me - and He could do it in 3 days, give you peace. Even if you are already a Christian?

Yes, He delivers you even if you are still a Christian. Being a Christian you are always in need of saving. Temptations don't go away, demonic oppression doesn't go away, we still have Satan the prince of the air that is battling to kill, steal and destroy us - that doesn't go away. God delivers. Constantly. God's grace is fully available for both.

so that you may [show yourselves to] be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on those who are evil and on those who are good, and makes the rain fall on the righteous [those who are morally upright] and the unrighteous [the unrepentant, those who oppose Him] Matthew 5:45

So, how does God love His enemies? There are a number of ways, but in Matthew 5:45 Jesus gives two practical examples. “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” In that agrarian society, good weather was all-important. There are righteous farmers (who would be considered God’s friends) and unrighteous farmers (those who would be considered God’s enemies). Regardless of the farmer’s disposition toward God, God gives sunshine and rain to all the farmers in equal portion. When God gives good sunshine and good rain to an evil farmer, it’s an example of God loving His enemies. God makes no distinction between the evil and the righteous in this instance—He gives good gifts to both of them.

Romans 6:14-19
14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!
16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.

18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. [he contiunes to work in us, we continue to confess and turn away from sin, we choose not to make it a lifestyle, a habit, or have a place in our lives].

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.

To be free from sin means that those who have made Jesus the Lord of their lives are no longer enslaved by sin. We have the power, through the Holy Spirit, to live victoriously over sin (1 Corinthians 15:56–67; Romans 8:37). Just like we once followed fleshly desires, those who are "in Christ Jesus" now follow the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:24). Because we live in a fallen world and are still fleshly creatures, we will still sin (1 John 1:9; 2:1; Romans 7:21–22). But those who follow Christ do not make sin a lifestyle choice (1 John 2:1–6; 3:6–10; Romans 6:2).

Those who have been born again (John 3:3) have received a new nature. Whereas the old nature drew us toward self-pleasure, the new nature tugs us toward holiness (2 Corinthians 5:17). To be free from sin means it no longer wields the power it once did. The stranglehold of selfishness, greed, and lust has been broken. Freedom from sin allows us to offer ourselves as willing slaves of the Lord Jesus Christ, who continues to work in us to make us more like Him (Romans 6:18; 8:29; Philippians 2:13).

I hope that helps Lanolin.
God truly loves us. When we make that step to completely surrender and repent. When we walk in the Spirit and desire His will and ways not our own, we align and become like Him. That's the ultimate goal in any Christian's life. Is to be made like Christ. Doesn't matter what we want, how we want it, when we want it - sure that's nice. God's way and will reigns supreme in our lives. It's never a separation of okay well I am going to X Y Z because I AM a Christian this is what I was thought - it's a personal relationship. It's an intimate relationship with Christ and knowing and understanding His Word and allowing the Holy Spirit to change us every day. Anyone can read and know but the Holy Spirit brings it into our hearts and there is change and transformation God does in our lives.

Last edited:
hmm thats a lot to digest
Yes we are to keep short accounts and cover sins with love, though not sweep them under the rug either. Depending what the sin is

I don't have a problem with anger in myself, if things hurt me I may walk away from it --I don't do the whole retaliation thing or revenge I would attempt at reconciliation (after some time out) and calming activities, leading others away from the temptation, or prayer and fasting for deliverance

A lot of the time, sins, say, road rage things...we are in the car, and I notice when my driver gets angry at every perceived slight etc that he's swearing at everyone on the road as if they are deliberately out to kill him

I'm like forgive them there's a lot of learner drivers and the roads often aren't marked clearly..if its such a huge problem and you aren't going to ever let this go, how bout becoming a drivers instructor yourself ..! Or pray for them.

This is keeping the peace when the world seems against you and not take things personally - it may be that person needs more training or the right way to do things with loving correction rather than come down on them like a tonne of bricks (anger) doesn't help anyone and doesn't necessarily stop them sinning.

I don't know if those in sin have parents praying for them. A lot of children don't have praying parents.

We are to pray for our enemies that hurt us, despise us and use us.

Hello brothers and sisters;

Romans 6:14-19, 14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once yielded your members to impurity and to greater and greater iniquity, so now yield your members to righteousness for sanctification. - RSV

Does this mean I'm released or exempt from toxic hatred as a Christian? Absolutely not. (Not to confuse with the humble brag thread) As a believer who has crossed paths with others that led to combativeness, confrontation and bitter anger, the Scriptures seemed to fall short with me.

But the Scriptures are still there. Prayer is still there, and God is always there to love us, receive our confession and seek His guidance in all things.

The best remedy against toxic hatred is forgiveness. Forgiveness to the other and to ourselves. When God sees our all in all to forgive another begins the process of releasing all those toxins that don't bless us and can hinder our spirit, if we let it.

I shared this before. Forgiving another is a process of healing for the other, myself in God's timing. I've been there. God is faithful especially when we feel the release of healing.

God bless you all.

More to come...

Romans 6:14-19, 14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once yielded your members to impurity and to greater and greater iniquity, so now yield your members to righteousness for sanctification. - RSV

Does this mean I'm released or exempt from toxic hatred as a Christian? Absolutely not. (Not to confuse with the humble brag thread) As a believer who has crossed paths with others that led to combativeness, confrontation and bitter anger, the Scriptures seemed to fall short with me.

But the Scriptures are still there. Prayer is still there, and God is always there to love us, receive our confession and seek His guidance in all things.

The best remedy against toxic hatred is forgiveness. Forgiveness to the other and to ourselves. When God sees our all in all to forgive another begins the process of releasing all those toxins that don't bless us and can hinder our spirit, if we let it.

I shared this before. Forgiving another is a process of healing for the other, myself in God's timing. I've been there. God is faithful especially when we feel the release of healing.

God bless you all.

More to come...
I have found that avoiding being sucked into the toxic hatred that permeates society is to listen to others, particularly those whose views contrast with ones own. Attempt to understand them and the perspective through which they perceive the world. It is hard to hold enmity in ones mind if one is attempting to look through the others eyes.

It doesn't mean that you must agree with them, listening is fundamental. I believe it is how Christ approached others, and us "little Christs", we should do much more listening.

If you approach others as someone whose position must be destroyed, they will respond by strengthening their resistance, building mental walls against whatever you say. There may be great Christian truths that we might long to express, but until one establishes a rapport, the other will not hear and no real communication will occur.

The Spirit will ensure that at key times, an opening in the dialog will occur when your witness of Christ and His work will be better received.

I am continually reminded of Paul at Mars Hill (Acts 17). He was provoked by the Idolatry around him, but rather than denounce the Idols, giving a "fire and brimstone" message, he appealed to their curiosity and engaged them and allowed their curiosity fuel their attention.

"Winning" an argument (but loosing the audience) serves no one except the self.

A quote attributed to Samuel Butler "A man convinced against his will remains of the same opinion still".

God bless you all.

More to come...
Romans 6:15................
"What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? God forbid!".

As we have seen, Paul has convinced us that a lifestyle of habitual, KNOWN sin is not compatible with one whose life is changed by grace. But what about an occasional sin here and there? If we are under grace and not law, must we be so concerned about a little sin here and there?

"Shall we sin".......
Again, the verb tense of the Greek word sin is important . For those of you who read the Greek, the word here is in the aorist active tense. It indicates dabbling in sin, not the continual habitual sin described in the question of Romans 6:1.

So to be clear here, we are saying what Paul intended which is ---
The verb in verse one (6:1) is in the present subjunctive, speaking of habitual, continuous action. The verb in verse fifteen is in the aorist subjunctive, referring to a single act.

So then, what we have here is that Paul is actually condemning the idea that being saved is a license to sin. If you are a child of God you can not do as you please because you have to do what Pleases Christ. That is PRACTICAL Christianity my friends!

I don’t hate others as much as find it easier to hate God.

Yesterday I ate too much and got drowsy.
I was angry with God for allowing it.
I was thinking, well, Why didn’t He just warn me? A scripture in place would have stopped me. But alas, nothing.

Then as I was cursing God for His apparent lack of care, and basking in self righteous hatred, God gave me a peephole into His Ways….

God Speaks To Us Through Creation.No wonder He’s called a Father.
My dad would have said “ if you keep stuffing your face you’ll get fat”
Instead God said” Your drowsy because you stuffed your face too much”

What an Awesome God we all have🥳

What is wrong with being drowsy? I wouldn't have got angry at God for that. I probably would have welcomed the nap.
After all we ARE humans, not robots. It's perfectly ok to have a rest.

I'm glad God made me human, not a robot, so I don't need to be charged up and turned on and off/plugged in all the time. When robots get angry, they just stop working right? It's not as if they have souls.

What is wrong with being drowsy? I wouldn't have got angry at God for that. I probably would have welcomed the nap.
After all we ARE humans, not robots. It's perfectly ok to have a rest.

I'm glad God made me human, not a robot, so I don't need to be charged up and turned on and off/plugged in all the time. When robots get angry, they just stop working right? It's not as if they have souls.
Well, being drowsy after eating too much is a sin. Proverbs states if one is a glutton one will wear rags. I’m currently investigating what a real need for sleep looks like. Some people can get by in just 4 or 5 hours. Imagine all that time we have for serving the Lord instead of sleeping and dozing one’s life away🙏

Proverbs 23:21

21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

Ok He did give you a scripture!

People that force you to eat and drink are a bit weird. I always have people on my case asking me to eat more and I'm like I'm full. Or they say 'you have to have a drink' and I'm like no...I'm good. That's why I'm not really a fan of church pot lucks where they bring out all the cakes, staff morning teas or bar drinking. It's like a competition on who can eat or drink the most? Surely that makes you sick to eat and drink so much.

I don't get that.
But then there's the opposite extreme, the anorexics, who don't eat at all and are obsessed with exercise and their weight.

I think Proverbs 23 just gives general wisdom to restrain yourself, after all, God did tell Adam and Eve NOT to eat fruit of a forbidden tree. People are always on others (especially children) for not trying certain foods but they are just being careful. Childrens stomachs are smaller than adults thats why restaurant portions are smaller (in european restaurants where they don't share dishes of food but everyone has separate plate) but you always seem to get the hypocritical adult saying to children eat EVERYTHING on your plate which is big massive portions and then they wonder why there's a huge problem with child obesity....

I think Proverbs 23 just gives general wisdom to restrain yourself, after all, God did tell Adam and Eve NOT to eat fruit of a forbidden tree.
Yes it’s general wisdom. But we need to enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, ( Matt 7: 13)

I have been in so many diets to control my eating. But only through Jesus Christ have I learned How to walk with God in how I eat.

Ok He did give you a scripture!

He only gave me that scripture much later after I ate too much .
I didn’t even know about that scripture existed until I went on a scripture rampage to seek what was said about eating.one could say I was indulging in the right stuff this time lol

Blessings.

lol
Scripture rampage!

I've read Proverbs a lot. I'm always reading Proverbs. Sometimes it's AFTER I've done a stupid/foolish thing, because I overlooked or didn't read the one which could have stopped me doing something foolish.

I was thinking of how I might learn a new lesson.. when checking out a new workplace, ask the boss if it's ok to be a Christian in the workplace and see what they say...or ask 'Is it ok if we pray together before we do this interview?' If they demur or make excuses, maybe just don't work with them.

Back