the millenium explained

Hello forgiven;

I love and respect David Jeremiah. His Church family, Shadow Mountain Community Church is in El Cajon, a county in San Diego. He is loved by many who attend or for those up where we live who cannot attend Church (for health reasons) watch the service on TV.

He preaches sound Biblical Truth and His message of the Millennium, or our future with Jesus is aligned with Revelation 20.

I enjoyed listening to his message.

God bless you and thank you for sharing, Pastor Jerry.

Isn't the Millennium all over in the Old Testament prophets (not just Rev 20)?

Absolutely correct!

This spiritual malady of ignoring the Old Testament is epidemic in the Church today, and it is a serious problem because there is no way to understand the New Testament without knowledge of the Old Testament.

It is trying to teach or explain the Revelation without 1st knowing and being versed in the book of Daniel!

Then, to try and explain Daniel with NO understanding of Ezekiel 38-39 is impossible.

Last edited:

bobinfaith these are quite helpful as well.​

Do you think Ezek 40–48 would fit the Millennial reign of Christ as well?

Zechariah 14:16

Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.

Psalm 2:6-9

“As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.” I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel

Zechariah 9:10

I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the war horse from Jerusalem; and the battle bow shall be cut off, and he shall speak peace to the nations; his rule shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth

Zechariah 14:16-17

Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths. And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them

Micah 4:1-8

It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, and many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide disputes for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken. For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.

bobinfaith these are quite helpful as well.​

Do you think Ezek 40–48 would fit the Millennial reign of Christ as well?

Zechariah 14:16

Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths.

Psalm 2:6-9

“As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.” I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel

Zechariah 9:10

I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the war horse from Jerusalem; and the battle bow shall be cut off, and he shall speak peace to the nations; his rule shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth

Zechariah 14:16-17

Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths. And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them

Micah 4:1-8

It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, and many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide disputes for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken. For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.

Absolutely, crossnote;

The additional OT Scriptures does help.

As far as Ezekiel chapters 40 to chapter 48 I'm study this more because I'm trying to see how temple aligns with the new earth.

How do you understand Ezekiel and what is your study saying to you?

God bless you, crossnote.

3 beliefs on the millennium

what i have read i have to go with amill . i would hope this could be discussed in a adult manner. . with out the beating of our chest i have the correct theology

Absolutely, crossnote;

The additional OT Scriptures does help.

As far as Ezekiel chapters 40 to chapter 48 I'm study this more because I'm trying to see how temple aligns with the new earth.

How do you understand Ezekiel and what is your study saying to you?

God bless you, crossnote.
Bob,
Ezek 40-48 totally throw me for a loop, and I never heard a sermon on it, even from 'expositional' teachers. There's sacrifices, priests, temples yikes, my closest guess is that it's close to a memorial/thanksgiving type of thing????

Bob,
Ezek 40-48 totally throw me for a loop, and I never heard a sermon on it, even from 'expositional' teachers. There's sacrifices, priests, temples yikes, my closest guess is that it's close to a memorial/thanksgiving type of thing????
Well brother, you are not alone. This is for sure one of the more difficult sections of the Bible to understand. There are different ways in which some people understand it. Many genuine Christians have opinions about this passage, which are different from my opinions.
I do not know if what I say makes any difference at all.

I have grown to understand that the purpose of these 9 chapters is to give hope to the Israelites. They were in exile in Babylon. But the Lord spoke to them about the future of Israel. The Israelites will live in the land that God promised to Abraham (Genesis 15:18). Then the Lord will take away their sin. They will be his special people. They will be loyal to Him and he will be their God.

I am one who believes that there will be a new temple in Jerusalem. A rebuilt Jewish temple. The glory of the Lord God will fill that temple. I also believe that there will be animal sacrifices for worship in that temple. There will be priests who serve in the temple. I also believe that it will be from that temple that the TWO witnesses will preach Jesus from.

Eventually, The people will live in the whole land that God promised to Abraham. Each of the 12 tribes will have a share of that land. There will be shares of the land for the prince, the priests and the city of Jerusalem.

The description of the temple should make the exiles ashamed of their sins (Ez. 43:10-11). They should appreciate that the Lord loves them still. He wants to live with them. This should cause them to turn again to the Lord their God.

Back