HE gave some

Ephesians 4 '
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

ask you to note the fact HE gave these are offices of the Church the Body of Christ .. but for what purpose Edifying ( Instructing; improving ) of the Body of Christ . but why do we need these people ? the reason that we be no more "children," tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;.

can you imagine sending a child out to Drive a 18 wheeler with no experience ? it would be a disaster can you imagine watching a Church dinner and your hungry and have no food? makes no sense all the more reason why we need Church. the pastors job is to feed the flock. remember the last words Jesus said to peter in John after asking 3 times do you love me? yes peter said YES i do Christ told peter Feed my sheep .

you dont eat you dont grow you dont show up for Church only when the occasion arises a some timer . sometimes i do sometimes i dont. i have a young man in the Church i pastor great person very polite imo a very fine young man. he came off teh road he does welding. started going Church with Gma. he tells me i got go back out on the road for a couple months . i work 6 days a week come home work some more on sunday.. but i dont have time for Church. his growth will still stunted so to speak.
if not careful he will fall for most anything , we all know there is so much junk out there that its hard to keep up with.

this is why paul said study to show yourself approve rightly dividing the truth . did anyone notice the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

one last reason the other day on facebook i seen a post with the saying if once saved always saved was true .. the devil would still be in Heaven. {ok MODS dont panic freak out over the first words of saved } my point is the devil was never saved he is a fallen angel Angels are created beings and have no soul . the entire Facebook theology post was bad theology. /wind doctrine .

i wonder how many bought this hook line and sinker. we go to Church to be built up and from there we go ye into the whole world teaching and preaching .

the great commission if your not getting fed and feel malnourished leave a find another Church. take you a Bible to Church follow the pastor when he reads .if he give a scripture to back up a point look it up. dont depend on the pastor to know your Bible He simply delivers a message given to him By God.
the real work starts out side the 4 walls of the Church. the country singe Aron Tippin had a song years ago you got to stand for something or you will fall for everything. you got to be your own man not a puppet on a string.
you take these words of the song and make it a Christian message dont be blown around by every wind of doctrine. that comes your way . a Good Bible Church will help your growth and teh rest is up to us.

i will use some of this in the morning those of you who read it and digest it.. i just practiced part of the morning message . you can either amen this or o me this or just flat out ignorer it. remember strong meat belongs to them of age. your either growing or still on the Milk . back to your regular you tube sermons lol o_O:)

Hello forgiven;

I read your thread and brother, I don't know what to say. That's the point. As I read He gave some, I listened and received some.

The message flowed and it aligned with the Scripture. The timing of your thread couldn't have come at a better time.

A couple that we've known since 1986 lost their daughter who passed away on January 25th. She was only 31. They haven't spoken much to anybody since, but said they would take our call tomorrow afternoon. We plan to keep it short.

They are so empty, and shared they want to get back to the Lord and start attending Church and study the Bible.

Ephesians 4:16, 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
- KJV

If it's ok with you I'd like to copy and email them your thread.

We're praying your message on Sunday will anoint and bless the congregation.

God bless
you, forgiven, and thank you for sharing.
Bob

Hello forgiven;

I read your thread and brother, I don't know what to say. That's the point. As I read He gave some, I listened and received some.

The message flowed and it aligned with the Scripture. The timing of your thread couldn't have come at a better time.

A couple that we've known since 1986 lost their daughter who passed away on January 25th. She was only 31. They haven't spoken much to anybody since, but said they would take our call tomorrow afternoon. We plan to keep it short.

They are so empty, and shared they want to get back to the Lord and start attending Church and study the Bible.

Ephesians 4:16, 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
- KJV

If it's ok with you I'd like to copy and email them your thread.

We're praying your message on Sunday will anoint and bless the congregation.

God bless
you, forgiven, and thank you for sharing.
Bob
do as you please we went seen a woman who was expecting got the news the baby showed fluid on the brain and was scheduled go to stlouis for a check up. the visit didnt go well the couple was told the baby not developing. the next step was delivery of the baby who had no chance of life. before the news of the the d.r visit the wife and i went and seen her, her boyfriend was working . we talked with her and at that time she was very positive,, we prayed with her. after the dr visit news and the premature delivery .

the couple was devastated they shut them selves up. just last week my wife saw her spoke to her . told her come church when she was ready as i had already spoke to her about church via Messenger.

update last Sunday they both came to church her mom and dad attend . her b.f came to me last Sunday saying we will be back. the message last Sunday was changed i already knew it would.. i mistered honesty Christians has the same problems as those who are not Christians . i told of teh struggles i told of the promises to those saved. who might have got away .. actually it was loaded in buckshot the Lord had me preach a type message..i had never preached. so as i am posting this i am fixing go bed i put in 58 hours in 6 days im tired but ready for Church. i will out line the message put my scriptures together in the morning.

i have prayed every thing in the service BE OF YOU LORD. i will offer grace and mercy in the message to my knowledge HE has no church upbringing .. she had some but like most of us in our youth chose the theme song born to be wild. this tragedy has brought them to Church. God has a way of fixing things we cant off to bed been up since 4:30 am. happy trials plz pray for tiffany and c.j TO come to Jesus

Back