foot washing in Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
My church is part of the Church of God denomination. We do feet washing once every quarter of the year. Out of 40 to 60 people on a given Sunday, only about 10 people participate in it.
We call it an ordinance.

Hello Big Moose;

Are you part of the Church of God Pentecostal headquartered in Cleveland, TN, or with the Church of God rooted in Wesleyan-Arminianism and headquartered in Anderson, Indiana? I was with the latter CoG.

Prior to transitioning to Southern Baptist in 2005, my wife and I attended the Church of God for 9 years and this included foot washing in it's ordinance. At the men's retreat men washed men's feet. The women washed women's feet followed with lotions and toe nail polish. lol!

I don't know if CoG Cleveland, TN include foot washing in it's ordinance.

God bless you, brother.

no amount of water saves us !!! justified by grace faith and the Blood w/o the shedding of Blood there is NO remission of sins .if i get saved and die with out baptism. do i die and Go to hell?
You asked me 'what promise is attached to baptism'?
I gave you one.
I realize that passage has other interpretations, such as the one you put forth above.

You asked me 'what promise is attached to baptism'?
I gave you one.
I realize that passage has other interpretations, such as the one you put forth above.
it does not promise eternal life . just like foot washing { which is not a pedicure nor is it washing filthy feet ) just like communion

it does not promise eternal life . just like foot washing { which is not a pedicure nor is it washing filthy feet ) just like communion
I'd rather concentrate on this kind of washing...

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

I'd rather concentrate on this kind of washing...

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
that is important to james told us be doers of the word not just a hearer

that is important to james told us be doers of the word not just a hearer
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Galatians 3:2 NKJV
This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

My take is that we must first be hearers of God's Word and the 'doing' will follow,.. if we are born again believers

It's an act of service, whatever is washed, and yes peoples feet can be dirty.

Mary washed Jesus feet with her tears and hair. It's well known she did this after she had been forgiven. To show how much she was thankful. She also anointed him with perfume. Basically pampered him!

and communion can be unsanitary water baptism can be harmful if breathed in while going under... i knew exactly what direction the post would go. when carnal fleshly concepts are used to compare spiritual concepts .we reap what we sow.
?
Why are you being so argumentative. Anyone trying to have a discussion with you would never be able to talk about anything that you haven't already thought of.

Just seems a bit of a silly line to take when we are talking about foot washing and it's spiritual significance especially when I have ALREADY mentioned various times in the Bible when it took place.

Hello Big Moose;

Are you part of the Church of God Pentecostal headquartered in Cleveland, TN, or with the Church of God rooted in Wesleyan-Arminianism and headquartered in Anderson, Indiana? I was with the latter CoG.

Prior to transitioning to Southern Baptist in 2005, my wife and I attended the Church of God for 9 years and this included foot washing in it's ordinance. At the men's retreat men washed men's feet. The women washed women's feet followed with lotions and toe nail polish. lol!

I don't know if CoG Cleveland, TN include foot washing in it's ordinance.

God bless you, brother.
what exactly is an ordinance.

What is the difference between that and a sacrament.

In some churches, the Lords supper (communion, eucharist, or whatever you want to call it) was every first of the month, others it was every day. Some churches didn't seem to do it at all.

talking about foot washing and it's spiritual significance especially when I have ALREADY mentioned various times in the Bible when it took place.
lol there no discussion its all about against it pedicures washing dirty feet ? in the Bible i am sure they was somewhat but this was dessert sand . once again humility and servanthood == symbolic i didn't start the post to discuss washing one nasty feet. or pedicures . it makes me wonder how people view the Lord supper . it does amazed me when one disagrees its argumentized . what exactly evolves a discussion ? you discuss the matter pro/cons . agree disagree there are many things i dont agree with. until the HolySpirit shows me different i will not budge . i will show why i stand on foot washing

14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; (ye also ought to wash one another's feet. )*

15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord;*** neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

it would be like asking a southern or missionary baptist about eternal security or women in the pulpit

A pedicure actually involves washing ones feet its just another name fancy name for it.
Why so argumentative?

Thats what most people call it!

Like a facial is washing your face.

Most people would love to have a pedicure. Someone else washes your feet.

I've done it for housebound church ladies. I took my foot spa to them and washed their feet. They didn't have to travel to church, I did at their home. If you want to show you care about someone, do it.

The Staff would like to remind everyone about Forum Rule 2.3 concerning "Staying On Topic".

Please go over Post # 1 in this thread and keep on topic. Otherwise, this thread may be closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

CFS Forum Rules

`

A pedicure actually involves washing ones feet its just another name fancy name for it.
Why so argumentative?

Thats what most people call it!

Like a facial is washing your face.

Most people would love to have a pedicure. Someone else washes your feet.
thank you for taking this to a point it is not. maybe water baptism could be a bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back