Epistles Began with Upper Room Discourse

The upper room discourse is the beginning of the Epistles of the New Testament, for in it, in germ form, the great doctrines of the Christ life are announced. The phrase, 'My commandments,' is reserved until the revelation of the Christ life, because this term refers to the new creation race gospel rather then to the law that belong to Israel.
Added proof that the term 'my commandments' refers to the teaching of the Christ life may be seen when the passages which indicate Christ's character in them are considered.
For instance, He said, "A new commandment I give unto you," John 13:34, or "if any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I right unto you are the commandments of the Lord," first Corinthians 14:37.
The Commandments of Christ and not the law or any aspect of the law. Rather, they constitute the law of love and the perfect law of liberty. A stern warning from the Scriptures concerning those who would put the law which belong to Israel upon the new creation race believer. Acts 15:10 says, "Now therefore why tempt God, to put a yoke (law) upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear."
Reference, here, is made to the law of Moses, and to place it on the children who have been birthed by the heavenly Father is to tempt God. It is in unbearable yolk. But Christ, when anticipating the relationship of His new commandment, said in Matthew 11:30, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Christ life believers are not to be entangled with the yoke of bondage, Galatians 5:1. Thus, a definitive line must be drawn in the life of Jesus of Nazareth, it's self, as to which Commandments belong to the new creation race believer. The new creation race believers are not Jews, have no part of Moses law, and can never be a part of Israel's covenants. Many in the modern church, being deceived into believing they can be spiritual Israelites have forfeited the greater relationship with God and the richer life that there is in Christ by grace.

Last edited:
Back