bc and ad

do you want truth or lies.

Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set ye free.

The term "Before Christ" was meant to refer to the years before Jesus was born. Anno Domini, year of our Lord, refers to the years of Jesus' life and after- the Christian era.

iv,e just told you the truth .show me i lie.

the two verses I showed you from Luke prove that at least 15 years passed between Jesus' birth and John's ministry. The Romans kept track of history during that period- it's not like time stood still.

Most scriptural scholars would agree that Jesus was born around 4-6 B.C. and died around 31 A.D.

You can go crazy trying to sort out Biblical Chronology. First of all Jesus was born in 5AD - first error. (Keep in mind that from 1BC to 1AD is only one year) Second there is a 165 year error in Jewish Chronology. Another 11 year error was found when we changed over to the Gregorian Calandar. The Jewish Months changed names twice and they basically used a Lunar calendar.

It was the job of the Sanhedrin to maintain the Calendar, so they kind of herded the Luner year to be close to the Solar year. They did this by adding a day to some months and by adding a 13th month every so many years. In order for the Sanhedrin to communicate this to the surrounding cities in Palestine, they would build a signal fire on top of the Mount of Olives, which would be in turn passed on to other locations. A kind of smoke signal calendar.

Chronology is a tough one.

Larry II

and God did the rest.lol.there is no way God would not leave his son,s mark on this earth.take it from myself.no human can stop God,s will.

Why did they change B.C. and A.D. to B.C.E. and C.E.?
Did somebody get offended or something and demand the change?

Back