a Lively Hope by a Living God

1 Peter 1:3-5

King James Version

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Revelation 3

King James Version

3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and "art dead."
the Church at sardis was told all the good things they had done.. but they was still dead. peter tells his audience yes things are are going to be tough but we still have a lively Hope .

paul in Ephesians 2 wrote we been quickened ( made alive ) its time we start acting alive with enthusiasm joy unspeakable and full of Glory . being a Christian is about BEING RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD. our death sentence has been commuted . think of it this way sitting in the electric Chair there just seconds from pulling the switch to send volts of electricity through your body till your dead.

but then the phone rings with the words you been fully pardoned and given a new life . your prison sentence has been commuted. your free and free indeed . you tell me there would be some excitement some enthusiasm . that in essence is Exactly what Christ done for us. in the forum in Church service out side in the public. there should be some enthusiasm. that people se in us i am not saying make something happen . Let the Holy spirit move like living water flowing . in a town about 30miles or so from us is place called Big Springs in vanburen mo . this spring pumps out millions of gallons of water every day.

how our Christian life should be

Back