Your Top 5 To 10 Favorite Movies.

I gave the option of 5 to 10 because sometimes it's difficult to list only 5...and other times, it's difficult to go up to 10.

You are free to share why you love each movie, and it doesn't need to be in any particular order.

Let's hear 'em.

Jesus of Nazareth - very inspiring , love Robert Powel as Jesus
Where Eagles Dare - best WW2 action film, Eastwood was great
LOTR trilogy - I'm a big Tolkien fan
Hellboy 2 - Nuada is an amazing character, the virtuous villain
Hobbit - all 3 films not out yet but well done
Blazing Saddles - very funny, they manage to offend everyone on the planet in less than 2 hours
Excaliber - epic medieval tale
The Court Jester - Danny Kaye at his best
Monty Python's Holy Grail - pure silliness
Fire and Ice - counter culture fantasy that is not well known, Frazetta and Bakshi

The Court Jester - Danny Kaye at his best
...Bakshi

I consider that one to be Danny Kaye's best movie.

Also, Bakshi is extremely underrated today. Granted, his stuff was controversial, but he deserves a lot more credit, especially for two movies; Coonskin and Heavy Traffic.

I should give my list...

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly -- I hate using the word "epic" since it seems to be overused and it lost meaning, but this one really is one of the most epic movies. The complexity of each character, Blondie, Angel Eyes, and Tuco, are so interesting.
Tuco: "If you're gonna shoot, shoot -- don't talk."

Dog Day Afternoon - Probably Al Pacino's best role. Not to mention John Cazale who played with Pacino in the Godfather movies completely erased the dynamics of their previous characters and made something more menacing and even somewhat funny.
Sonny: "Attica! Attica! Remember Attica?!"

The Back to the Future trilogy - I have to count all since they're so tied in with each other, but part I is my favorite of the three.
Marty: "I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet...but your kids are gonna love it."

It's a Wonderful Life - Just a really good movie.
Clarence: "Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

Taxi Driver - Probably the darkest movie on my list. It's my favorite Martin Scorsese and De Niro movie.
Travis: "Thank God for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk."

The Mission - One of the most visually beautiful movies along with one of the most beautiful movie scores. Incredible story based on a real religious/political conflict that took place during the making of the movie.
Gabriel: "If you die with blood on your hands, Rodrigo, you betray everything we've done. You promised your life to God. And God is love!"

12 Angry Men - Great movie, great directing, great acting, and very simple.
"Boy oh boy, there's always one."

The Breakfast Club - The best coming of age movie I can think of with possibly one of the best written characters for a movie in movie history (in my opinion) -- John Bender. Judd Nelson was robbed of an Oscar nomination.
Bender: "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

Oklahoma! - I grew up watching Rogers and Hammerstein musicals with my family -- this is probably my favorite.
Ali Hakim: "I wanted to marry her when I saw the moonlight shining on the barrel of her father's shotgun."

The Bad News Bears - The most honest portrayal of pee wee baseball I've seen in any movie. Also, Matthau's best role.
Coach Buttermaker: "This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start."

'The Longest Day' - great war movie with an all-star cast; 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' - I agree with Lysander, great depth of characters; 'Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back' - classic, timeless sci-fi with all the best characters; 'Andromeda Strain' - another good sci-fi with great technical gizmos and suspense; 'Rooster Cogburn' - John Wayne and Catherine Hepburn in a western classic.

1. Forest Gump
2. Shawshank redemption (loved the part when they finally break out and live their dreams, the build up to it was amazing)
3. Lord of the rings / Hobbits
4. Con air (His got the whole world in His hands!! A song by a girl that changed the heart of the worst serial killer :))
5. Brave heart

I'd probably come up with a different list another day but I'll go for:

The Wrong Trousers
Way Out West
Kind Hearts and Coronets
The Lady Killers (original version)
Brassed Off
The Ghost and Mrs Muir
The Italian Job (original version).
The Lady Vanishes (Hitchcock version)
Brief Encounter
The Little Norse Prince