Your opinion on women preachers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone- I just wanted to share my opinion on this- I feel God can and does call women into ministery and some of the most powerful, dynamic christians I know are ladies. It has been stated that some of the scriptural views on women in the New Testament are based on the culture of the day they were written-in some churches the women were not allowed in and used to shout in at their husbands or so I have been told- others say it was because Eve was decieved in the garden that she was not allowed to be in authority.
I base my personal belief on the following scripture as I know that God has made something new and beautiful in all who heed His call and are born again:

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It would seem the further I walk with my Lord the more I understand that while I may not comprehend everything that if you look close enough at anything it's fruit will bear out it's true source- your brother Larry

I understand this is a very touchy topic, but their is scripture talking about this and violet brought it up. We need to be careful we are not trying to make the Bible say what we want to believe, because that could be very dangerous. I'm not going to argue weither or not woman should be pastors because I think the Bible is pretty clear about it. I'm going to share with what I think the reason is for the Bible saying what it says. Now I'm repeating this is my opinion so it is subject to change and does not by any means have any authority. The reason I think the Bible says that a woman should not be over men is because of the order established by God in the Home. God established the Man as the leader or Head of a home. Both Men and Women have equal value to God, they just have different roles to play. You can't have two leaders running things. It is hard to explain why I relate the two ideas here, it just seems like the whole orders just gets out of place.

I haven't met any female pastors, but I just wonder sometimes what a home would be like for a husband whose wife teaches his "peirs".

That is just my thought on it.:confused:

I understand this is a very touchy topic, but their is scripture talking about this and violet brought it up. We need to be careful we are not trying to make the Bible say what we want to believe, because that could be very dangerous. I'm not going to argue weither or not woman should be pastors because I think the Bible is pretty clear about it. I'm going to share with what I think the reason is for the Bible saying what it says. Now I'm repeating this is my opinion so it is subject to change and does not by any means have any authority. The reason I think the Bible says that a woman should not be over men is because of the order established by God in the Home. God established the Man as the leader or Head of a home. Both Men and Women have equal value to God, they just have different roles to play. You can't have two leaders running things. It is hard to explain why I relate the two ideas here, it just seems like the whole orders just gets out of place.

I haven't met any female pastors, but I just wonder sometimes what a home would be like for a husband whose wife teaches his "peirs".

That is just my thought on it.:confused:

Good point! Also, I think the reason why we have a tendency to turn scriptures around is because male dominated societies have long discouraged and oppressed women. Although God created men and women with equal value, the world has corrupted this by treating women as second class human beings. AS of today, women have equal rights as men in most countries. However, psychological studies have shown that many women still suffer from the feeling of inferiority:sad02:. This also makes it difficult for some women to accept that the female role is equally important to God. Because of this, some women feel the desire to take on leadership roles (which are primarily male) to have the feeling of importance. That's my guess...

SQ, and that is prooven in the fact that many women feel being a homekeeper is a degrading, worthless job, when in fact it is one of the most important and honorable jobs a woman could hope to have!

FFD,
thank you very much.
I appreciate the link and read the entire page.
I also read your testimony and it thrilled my heart.
God bless you,

I don't know the scripture(s) offhand but the Bible talks about the older women teaching the younger ones.
I agree there are very gifted women in the minisrty but should they not be preaching and teaching to the women?
The Proverbs 31 woman is hardly in existence anymore!
Modesty is flying out the back door~
Women are finding more satisfaction in careers and socializing rather than fulfilling their calling as a Proverbs 31 woman.

Yes, these gifted women preachers are needed but maybe they are suppose to focus more on leading the women as Godly wives and mothers!

Titus 2:3-5 King James Version (KJV)

3The aged women....., that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Actually you do not know that. What you should know is that God forbids them being preachers. Also that God will use the devil to get His will done, but he will still stand the judgment. rest assured that God will not allow those who violate His word too slip by even if they seem to be doing good. Scripture has several accounts of people who tried to do what they felt was good and God judged them because it went against His commands. Try reading 1Sam around the 13th through the 15th chapters and see how Saul went against God's order and offered a sacrifice and see how God dealt with him. There are many others. God will not be mocked by those who rebel and try and form a church in their own manner as well as those who support them. keep in mind that today is not the day of judgment but one day these rebellious women will give an account.

I have been truly blessed by women preachers. I know that God is using them mightily. :D

FFD~
funny, I accidently came across the above scripture I posted, from your site!
Wasn't even looking for it but I had just mentioned the content of the scripture, here!

Actually you do not know that. What you should know is that God forbids them being preachers. Also that God will use the devil to get His will done, but he will still stand the judgment. rest assured that God will not allow those who violate His word too slip by even if they seem to be doing good. Scripture has several accounts of people who tried to do what they felt was good and God judged them because it went against His commands. Try reading 1Sam around the 13th through the 15th chapters and see how Saul went against God's order and offered a sacrifice and see how God dealt with him. There are many others. God will not be mocked by those who rebel and try and form a church in their own manner as well as those who support them. keep in mind that today is not the day of judgment but one day these rebellious women will give an account.

So when a women share the Gospel with others, men and women, and people get saved, you don't call that a blessing? Also, it is God who saves through these women.

God lives in me and I will share Him, His love and the message of salvation with all. If God uses me for His purpose, who am I to say "no"?

We need to spend more time fixing our eyes on God, longing for a deeper relationship with Him, instead of spending our time finding faults in each other. God is love, let us love and edify each other. :D

I also agree with what Brigit is saying. We should focus on getting the word out. Unfortunately, Islam is now the world's 2nd largest religion and recent studies indicate that the are now more people converting to Islam than Christianity annually. For those of us who are American, we are in a war with Iraq, doing every thing we can to put a stop to Islamic terrorism:stop:. If that means women spreading the teachings of Christ, than may so be it... For I do not believe that God hates women!

not interested about diffrent religions,all proclaim peace,evil gets into religion.i wont go to war over religion .to many evil people have done this over the past ages.usa needs to learn religion is not in your schools but your president can use it to make war.?ask yourself that question.

im fed up of religion being used by evil.stand tall folks.evil uses religion as a no comback situation from the people.a holy war etc.stop being blind.

Women are not to be pastors, period. God uses order in all things. Part of that order is that women are to N O T be teachers of men.

I think some people are confused.

God can still use women in awesome ways and He does. I believe the scriptures prohibit women being placed in charge and over men. And I don't think this is an inferiority issue, its more of a "role" thing. God created men and women with equal value, he just has different roles for them.

Look at the God Head. God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all one and equal, but the Son placed Himself in submission to the Father and the Holy Spirit is to Glorify the Son. All equal value, just different roles.

So, if a man comes to a woman to deepen his knowledge of the Word, she should say: "sorry, can't help you, you need to go and ask a man." ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back