Youngest Daughter's Appointment

She was diagnosed with ADHD today. We are grateful we now have answers with some of the things as to why. We will start reading and researching how to manage it. Please contiune to pray God gives us wisdom, guidance and patience as we move forward with this new diagnosis.
About 20 years ago I was diagnosed with adult ADD. I was prescribed Adderal, an amphetamine stimulant. I took that until 2010 when I had my heart attack. After the heart attack, I felt uncomfortable continuing a régimen of amphetamine, so I stopped medicating my condition. That was counterproductive, and, after consulting my GP, I was prescribed Buproprian, which is a non-stimulant that helps with ADD symptoms. Buproprian isn't as powerful and effective as amphetamine, but it is safer and is not a controlled substance. I'm praying for ya'll.

About 20 years ago I was diagnosed with adult ADD. I was prescribed Adderal, an amphetamine stimulant. I took that until 2010 when I had my heart attack. After the heart attack, I felt uncomfortable continuing a régimen of amphetamine, so I stopped medicating my condition. That was counterproductive, and, after consulting my GP, I was prescribed Buproprian, which is a non-stimulant that helps with ADD symptoms. Buproprian isn't as powerful and effective as amphetamine, but it is safer and is not a controlled substance. I'm praying for ya'll.
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I really appreciate it.

Today we find out if my youngest has ADHD. Please keep us in thoughts and prayers. She is currently at the doctor's with my oldest (my oldest has an appointment too today]. My PSW is about to show up in 5 minutes. ❤️

Thank you 😊
Much love to you all.
Warmly in Christ. TiC

Hello TiC and BibleLover;

I studied ADHD and a medicine that clinical therapists prescribed is called ritalin. There was a lot of debate of this prescription for children with ADHD.

I'm ministering to a young man that is considering going to seminary and feels led to become a Christian clinical counselor. He had bipolar and PTSD. Isn't PTSD an effect only to those who were in war?

Does anyone have knowledge about this or both?

God bless you all.

I studied ADHD and a medicine that clinical therapists prescribed is called ritalin. There was a lot of debate of this prescription for children with ADHD.

I'm ministering to a young man that is considering going to seminary and feels led to become a Christian clinical counselor. He had bipolar and PTSD. Isn't PTSD an effect only to those who were in war?

God bless you all.
bobinfaith PSTD is not only for people that are in war. A lot of misconception revolves around CPTSD and PTSD and what how where why and when people end up with it.

PTSD is any event that is little t or big T trauma that has a significant effect on the individual. Abuse, death, accident, sugery, so on. There is a ACE test that can very much show that you have had trauma in your life. It doesn't identify if you have CPTSD or PTSD but it does tell you that you have been in the perfect storm to have experienced trauma that can lead to these mental health diagnosis, other physical conditions and health issues that contributes to your life FROM constantly being in "fight or flight" mode.

Your body goes through serious of biological, physical, mental and somanic experiences that can actually change your DNA and rewrire your brain and how it functions - in trauma events.

If a person is constantly in a low grade of disregulation for long periods with little t [traumas] along with big T traumatic events - the high probability that PTSD/CPTSD is present [unless they had a stable mentor, parent, sibling, teacher etc that helped them to learn emotional regulate [co-regulation] and developed resilience. Not all people develop CPTSD or PTSD to be clear.

The sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system isn't wired to be consisently going off.

Children of all ages even babies have experienced trauma eventhough they don't remember, their body does. This was the case with me because it wasn't until my late 30's that I was diagnosed with CPTSD and I never realized why I reacted in the way I did. Now I know. It's a long process of healing, management, prayer, replacing beliefs and asking the Lord to help me when I have flashbacks [especially emotional/memory ones that effect my entire body]. I may not have any recollection of the image/or memory at times but I remember how I felt, and how my body responded in that moment - I will actually be in that same memory that triggers responds to present [eventhough it isn’t happening]. The trigger of trauma alerts the brain warning system of the exact representation of the trauma event that happened in the past and therefore responds as if it's happening now. I will post a very helpful chart for you to see. Keep in mind when this happens significant time needs to be taken to be able to address it and seek help inorder to properly recover and manage - same with vets, doctors, nurses, caregivers and police [who are also active in the line of duty and experiencing very hard and traumatic experiences daily on their jobs].

Last edited:
The ACE (Adverse Childhood Experience) test is a measure of traumatic experiences that examines the relationship between adverse childhood experiences and adult health and social outcomes. Examples of ACEs include family separation, mental, or physical abuse.

The sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system isn't wired to be consisently going off.
Amen!

The brain isn't the only part of the body with neurons. They are also present in large quantity in your gut. Your body can literally think and feel.

When I was in hospital I grew acutely aware of my body feeling. I would break out in tears, apparently at random. This was my body's way of communicating its fear and pain to me.

Our bodies are amazing things and vastly more complicated than we can imagine. Deep seated trauma settles into the nervous system and if left unprocessed, can cause all manner of suffering. Quiet prayer and meditation are a must to uncovering, acknowledging, honoring and ultimately healing this psychological pain.

Amen!

The brain isn't the only part of the body with neurons. They are also present in large quantity in your gut. Your body can literally think and feel.

When I was in hospital I grew acutely aware of my body feeling. I would break out in tears, apparently at random. This was my body's way of communicating its fear and pain to me.

Our bodies are amazing things and vastly more complicated than we can imagine. Deep seated trauma settles into the nervous system and if left unprocessed, can cause all manner of suffering. Quiet prayer and meditation are a must to uncovering, acknowledging, honoring and ultimately healing this psychological pain.
100% spot on.

Amen! The brain isn't the only part of the body with neurons. They are also present in large quantity in your gut. Your body can literally think and feel.
When I was in hospital I grew acutely aware of my body feeling. I would break out in tears, apparently at random. This was my body's way of communicating its fear and pain to me. Our bodies are amazing things and vastly more complicated than we can imagine. Deep seated trauma settles into the nervous system and if left unprocessed, can cause all manner of suffering. Quiet prayer and meditation are a must to uncovering, acknowledging, honoring and ultimately healing this psychological pain.

I'm truly sorry so many people battle with these symptoms of PTSD, ADHD, bipolar and depression. I have never encountered these so I can never fully understand. This is why when I read what you folks post or attend a workshop it gets my full attention and continued prayer.

God bless everyone here and thank you for sharing.

God bless you all.
Bob, PTSD is a problem that can result from any form of significant trauma from combat to car wrecks. After my heart attack, I had mild PTSD for several months; I was hyper vigilant about anything happening in my upper chest.

Both my daughter and I suffer with this condition ADHD. I know how hard it can be. When I get stressed about something I cannot calm down until I have been for a walk in nature. I don't take any meds for it, but I do try and eat well and keep off social media.

We don't always realise how trauma affects us until maybe years after. We just feel depleted at times, depressed and don't know why. Or hyper to relieve the stress.

Praying for you🙏its a gruelling condition.

Back