Yeshua's Letters to the 7 Churches

The next church is Smyrna and Missler indicates that this comes from myrrh which is used in embalming and associated with death. He calls this church, in the prophetic column as the "persecuted" church. Associated with this church is the parable of the Tares & the Wheat. Jesus uses the title first and last...who was dead and is alive. There are no concerns or exhortations other than to hang in there. Missler compares Smyrna letter to Paul's letter to the Philipians.

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

The Tares & Wheat Parable

Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I forgot.....did anyone have comment on how the parable: the Sower and the 4 Soils connect? Or how Paul's letter to the Ephesians written 35 years earlier than the Rev. letter? Or the Prophetic history of the church?

Back