1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by violet, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Wow???

I must have THE most puzzled look on my face right now!
    I just got the mail from the mail box.
    In it was a letter from my Dr.
    I could feel something hard in there.
    I open it to find a gift card!
    I have no idea how much it is for, it didn't say~
    It said it was for cancelling an appointment on me and this was an apology~
    I don't feel I deserve this and wonder, as a Christian if I should return it and show understanding and forgiveness?
    A GIFTCARD????? Should I be worried? LOL!!! :D
  2. don't look a gift horse in the mouth, Violet!!!!!!!:pSend a thank you note.....bring cookies on the next visit......a door has been opened.......;)
  3. Yes, that what my husband is saying too, Angel!

4. Considering some of the things my doctor does to me when I DO keep the appointments, I think I should get a giftcard every time....or would that be considered prostitution? @_@
  5. Send a thank you note!

Enjoy the gift card!

What is it for?...:D

6. It's for anywhere, I guess....
    I got it because they canceled my appointment~

7. i have mixed emotions about this,i was getting free stuff from a vending machine and it seemed just on my go,now i don,t like hurting others so i took my money and put it in the office so i was straight.i can,t see God needing me to give i money at others misfortune.makes me responsible God wouldn,t do that.
  8. Giftcard

Well, personally I thank its just fine to accept the gift card because it was a gift/present given willingly to the recipient. Also alot of Doctors still will charge you a certain amount if you do not show up to your appoinment, maybe this is just his way of being fair. & I believe it was a very nice thing that your doctor has done.

But in the case of a broken vending machine giving you free stuff & you take it that would be stealing if you didn’t leave money in the office. I think there is a deference between the scenarios.

9. Bring your doctor a pie at the next visit. =P
  10. Thanks, all~ :)