Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find a better way than to lie to save an innocent life. And Mitspa, you aren't a prophet - but I will let everyone know if I lie within the time period. I have been given harsh lessons from the Lord about lying. The God I worship does not ask me to kill or lie to accomplish any small part I may have in His plan.
Well what I am..I am...and it don't take a "prophet" to know that you guys are just not being honest.

Jos 2:3 And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house: for they be come to search out all the country.
4 And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:

Well what I am..I am...and it don't take a "prophet" to know that you guys are just not being honest.

Wait - so if you don't lie you are dishonest? Or is it hard for you to imagine someone not lying? I just know that there is always a way to tell truth. A good way that conforms to God's path. Christ always had a way of telling the truth to those who were "out to get Him". I say there is no good reason to lie and I try to live it. I have already 'fessed up to having told lies and I may sin again in the future but I see it for what it is and I don't try to justify it.

Jos 2:3 And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house: for they be come to search out all the country.
4 And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:
In this "act" Rahab entered into righteousness! and became a example to us all of righteousness and living works of faith! I don't think some of you really understand what true righteousness is?

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

I haven't read all your repsonses yet but please tell me the scripture where it says Rahab lied. Misdirect or said nothing? Is it possible that no one ever asked Rahab directly? I have admittedly read the verses quickly but I don't see it.
Do you admit your error? Lets see if the roster will crow?....:)

OK - I read all around it but my take is that Rahab knew who was going to win and made a deal. This doesn't make make a lie righteous. Soooooo. Her lie was self serving and God didn't ask for her lie.

Wait - so if you don't lie you are dishonest? Or is it hard for you to imagine someone not lying? I just know that there is always a way to tell truth. A good way that conforms to God's path. Christ always had a way of telling the truth to those who were "out to get Him". I say there is no good reason to lie and I try to live it. I have already 'fessed up to having told lies and I may sin again in the future but I see it for what it is and I don't try to justify it.
Well you admit you lie, but you are trying to teach others a standard you DO NOT KEEP?..and no one is trying to justify any sin, because its not a sin to protect the innocent, in fact its shown to be righteous.

OK - I read all around it but my take is that Rahab knew who was going to win and made a deal. This doesn't make make a lie righteous. Soooooo. Her lie was self serving and God didn't ask for her lie.
So when God uses her as an example of righteousness, He didn't understand as you do? Come on the roster is ready!

Yes - let's see and of course you will list your lies Mitspa? Seems to me that self righteousness and justifying lies could be a full time job for some.

Yes - let's see and of course you will list your lies Mitspa? Seems to me that self righteousness and justifying lies could be a full time job for some.
No Im just honest enough to admit the truth, are you not willing to admit your error?

BTW, I didn't know arpartheid was about masters and slaves. While I do think arpartheid was wrong.

Apartheid was as a result of the fact that Africa is not ready for democracy. Many have different ideas of what should have been done. Fact is that what was done created an environment for abuse and miss treatment. Not quite master and slave. But close. Not properly educating an entire race for three decades = keeping them low income / close to slaves.

You are saying you have to lie to protect the innocent. And saying lying can be righteous. I have learned the hard way about lies and know there is a better way. I hold no one else but myself to what I know is true. I don't judge other's sins - only my own.

Rahab is presented over and over in the New Covenant as the example of the righteousness of faith and faith that works! She is even given the great honor of being in the line of the Lord Himself! The fact that some do not understand how she is justified and righteous, proves that some do not understand the true gospel!

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

I always admit error but I don't see any at this time. If sometime in the future I have the HS urging me to lie - I'll PM you. And admit all you like in sackcloth and ashes. all over the Net and this forum. To me it seems you are trying to justify lies as righteous. We will just have to disagree

One of the first things I learned as a Christian way back when was "never say never, and never say you would do something" Every time I said those kinda of things I found my self doing what I said I would not do, and not doing what I said I would do. I did not know any scriptures to back that up, but I knew there was some kind of spiritual law I was exercising that caused me to experience these things. Kinda like, what ever a man soweth that shall he also reap". These spiritual laws are operational in our life whether you know them or not. I kept telling new believers to not say these kinds of things because you can not guarantee for sure you would not do or do what you say. That is where James chapter 4 tells us....

James 4:13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"--
James 4:14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
James 4:15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
James 4:16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
James 4:17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

When we say we would never do or do something about the future what we are really doing is "boasting" about ourselves, (which is pride, and we know that pride comes before a fall) which james calls evil. Now I know what spiritual laws I was breaking that caused me to experience these things. Never say never, and never say you would do something when you can not guarantee you would. :)

You are saying you have to lie to protect the innocent
No one has said this..but some of us are honest enough to see that love would "in the legalistic sense" lie to save a innocent life. Because we are not under the "letter" we are under the commandment of Christ to love.

It's almost like a foreshadow of the holocaust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back