Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Nazi Germany's holocaust where people were hiding Jews, Jesus would never have lied to save a life if they were hiding in his house.
You sure about that? If He said you were in His house, they would find you and kill all. Jesus would expose you to clearly evil mad men...I disagree 100%.

Those harbouring Jews are hero's! Those exposing Jews are the complete opposite.

So if we were Jews running from crazy Nazis, we must NOT run to Jesus's house?

Jesus would take us in and not need to lie as He could call angels from Heaven to protect us. But if you were running to MY house, you will also be safe! I will not keep silent or tell them you are with me. I will lie and save you! At the risk of my own life for it.

I understand your heart in your answer. I think what we do not understand completely is the fact that as a Christian lying is not the only way out in such circumstances. Jesus gives us a way out in times like these......

Luk 12:11And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say,
Luk 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Mat 10:17Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues,
Mat 10:18and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.
Mat 10:20For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Jesus always confounded those who were trying to trip him up in his teachings. He knew what they were trying to do, so he waited on the Holy Spirit to give him Wisdom in how to answer them back. Once he did, they could not say anything against it.
We as Christians have the Holy Spirit to give us Wisdom to confound those who would try to get us to lie or give some information that they could hold against us. Lying is not a option. Our God is much smarter then our enemy.

I understand your heart in your answer. I think what we do not understand completely is the fact that as a Christian lying is not the only way out in such circumstances. Jesus gives us a way out in times like these......

Luk 12:11And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say,
Luk 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Mat 10:17Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues,
Mat 10:18and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.
Mat 10:20For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Jesus always confounded those who were trying to trip him up in his teachings. He knew what they were trying to do, so he waited on the Holy Spirit to give him Wisdom in how to answer them back. Once he did, they could not say anything against it.
We as Christians have the Holy Spirit to give us Wisdom to confound those who would try to get us to lie or give some information that they could hold against us. Lying is not a option. Our God is much smarter then our enemy.

So if we were Jews running from crazy Nazis, we must NOT run to Jesus's house?

Jesus would take us in and not need to lie as He could call angels from Heaven to protect us. But if you were running to MY house, you will also be safe! I will not keep silent or tell them you are with me. I will lie and save you! At the risk of my own life for it.

I think you are missing the point. Lying to someone is not the only way out if someone was asking you if you were hiding Jews in your house. God's Wisdom is much smarter than those who would bring harm to innocent people. He has words that would confound his enemies no matter what the circumstances could be. We do not want to ever assume breaking the laws of God to do good is right.

You are correct. I jumped without thinking too much :sleep:. We could reply with a ''if I was or wasn't, its none of your business''. They will search the house whether we say yes or no.

You are correct. I jumped without thinking too much :sleep:. We could reply with a ''if I was or wasn't, its none of your business''. They will search the house whether we say yes or no.

There was a time in which the Jews were trying to catch Jesus in a lie to use against him. But he knew what they were up to so he asked them questions given by the Holy Spirit in which they had no answer. After asking them for a response they just left and never asked him anymore questions. Now that is Wisdom in which no Nazi could come against no matter what the situation.

Mat 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
Mat 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Mat 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Mat 22:46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-14_1-48-2.png
    upload_2014-5-14_1-48-2.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 2
Just thinking on it more /trying to picture the reality of the situation. If we were asked a yes or no question. 'Do you have Jews, yes or no?'. If we reply with anything other then a ''no, I am not dumb or a traitor'' it will be = yes and result in a proper search of the house. Even the statement in my post #28.

I don't think we need to be so foucused on the lessor evil. We should be driven to protect the Jews and focus on that.

I accept your point. But can you give an example of what you think God would have us say to Nazis if we were harbouring Jews?

Lessor evil? Eve it's just one little bite of a healthy piece of fruit. You really think God will be mad at you for taking a bite of fruit?! Come on Eve, no harm in taking a bite of fruit. No real evil in that.. God won't mind.

Yes, Rahad did lie, but, She was only using the information she had heard about God to make her decision. She did not have God living on the inside of her like we do today. In the New Testament it says this......

Heb 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

God dealt with her not because of her lie, but by her faith in receiving the spies with peace. :)
The fact is that she lied to protect the spies and in her actions she was is upheld as righteous, and used as the example of James as a living faith.(in the New Covenant) This point was not meant to be ignored but to be considered in how God accounts righteousness. Not to even go into the fact that she was a harlot at the time she was justified in faith!

To save a life as a Jew from a Nazi..yes I would lie to the Nazi but not to God. Those who attempt to go about and establish their own righteousness by the written code are always found false witnesses.

Well God tells us to not bear false witness.

And we read in Proverbs 6:16-19
16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, A LYING TONGUE,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 A FALSE WITNESS WHO BREATHES OUT LIES,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

I heard a story one time from Ravi Zacharias, he said he was in some foreign country where the military was gathering deserters or something, and he and his friends were planning to escape by boat. A bunch of military soldiers came to the place they were staying out by the docks and asked if they were going to desert. He told them no (he lied), and they went away. And then he asked God "Should I tell them the truth?", and he answered "yes.". So the soldiers came back asking if he was deserting, and he said "yes.", and turns out, the soldiers wanted to go with him!

Satan may tempt us to lie, which is sin, but God always provides a way out. In Nazi Germany's case, it's really hard to say how that would play out. Maybe best to not say anything at all!

Well God tells us to not bear false witness.

And we read in Proverbs 6:16-19
16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, A LYING TONGUE,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 A FALSE WITNESS WHO BREATHES OUT LIES,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

I heard a story one time from Ravi Zacharias, he said he was in some foreign country where the military was gathering deserters or something, and he and his friends were planning to escape by boat. A bunch of military soldiers came to the place they were staying out by the docks and asked if they were going to desert. He told them no (he lied), and they went away. And then he asked God "Should I tell them the truth?", and he answered "yes.". So the soldiers came back asking if he was deserting, and he said "yes.", and turns out, the soldiers wanted to go with him!
I say those who claim they would not tell a lie to protect the weak are just hypocrites and are living a life of hypocrisy and are a false witness altogether. You guys would turn over the jews to the Nazis? Or are you trying to promote a standard you do not keep yourself? Which is a false witness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back