Would The Angel find this offensive?

There is no such archangel. You are allowing yourself to be influenced by fantasy in order to create fantasy, and in my opinion, it is unhealthy to focus on angels.
Thankyou Euphemia for your comment. Really appreciate good feedback. I know that you shouldn't worship angels. And I never would. But, I do believe they exist, and do believe in Guardian Angels that watch over you. But I don't worship or focus too much angels. All I know is that their there, and God created them.

I have about half-a-dozen beginnings to novels, stashed away in various places, in notebooks and files on my PC. I used to half-imagine that I would write a book someday and have it published privately, for limited circulation. I used to day-dream about where the various stories would go, and I wrote great chunks of my books in my head that have never been written down on paper. My characters were like friends to me, and I mapped out the entire lives of some of them. Folk seemed to think that I had a bit of a way with words and they liked my stuff. Now, I don't write any more. Every time I get the notion to start again, I think of all the novels in the world, and all the hours that mankind spends reading fiction, and really, is that good for them? For unbelievers, fiction is just another distraction which keeps them from thinking about God, sin, and the undying soul - except perhaps in a philosophical way, safely removed from reality in a made-up world. For believers, it takes away from time that could be spent reading the Bible or ministry of the word. Do I really want to add yet another book to that vast collection? In the end, I always come the conclusion that it would be wrong for me to add to that. I thought of writing Christian fiction, but even when I tried that, it didn't seem like a useful exercise. No-one reading what I wrote would really be edified - not as much as if they read the scriptures or ministry. I'm not passing judgement on you, @Izabella the Angel, absolutely not! Everyone is different, this is just my own personal feeling. I should add that I've devoured plenty of novels in the past - I was a voracious reader as a kid, never away from the library. I understand that believers read novels, and I'd suggest that there are worse ways to spend our time than that, though there are undoubtedly better ways - and that's a test for me. I would also agree with what's been said already on the thread, that we need to be careful about what we open up our minds to. My fiction ideas went down some dark and strange roads, and it raises some difficult questions. For example, how far do you go in portraying an evil character? What kind of deeds or words do you really want to record on a page? There's enough unspeakable evil in the world without putting down more on the pages of fiction, even if you are putting it down in order to shine a light on it and expose it. It's hard to know where the line is between that and glamorising evil, turning your character into a likeable villain. It would require an immense amount of skill and wisdom to avoid that, and there's only one book I've ever read which really shows evil for what it is: the Bible. The scriptures show us evil in all its forms in a way that's not the least bit romantic, mysterious, attractive. When we read of evil in the scriptures, there's no shades of grey, no moral relativism. Evil is quite simply there, in the space between the fall from grace of Lucifer and his final consignment to hell, along with his angels and all men who rejected the Saviour. It is repugnant to God, contaminating, vile, subtle, something which has a terminus, an end in final banishment from the moral universe. No view of evil can be as clear-sighted as the divine one, and no portrayal of evil can be as accurate as in the Word. We need to be clear-sighted regarding evil, and we need to be careful about muddying the waters, bearing in mind the unbeliever and the weak brother. Words are powerful, and even what I write here might have an unintended effect, so I need to be careful and wise about what I put down "on paper", so to speak.
Thank you so much Grant Melville for your feedback! This does explain a fair bit to me. I guess I was a bit like you too. I love library's, and I've thought of all different types of stories and beginnings. Some of them I wrote down but never looked at it again, others I've actually began writing on but have no intent of publishing it. But I guess this story I was debating about was the one I really wanted to put all my effort and time on. I just like angels in general, and I guess I like the fact that at least one of my stories had something to do with religion. I mean, it does actually point a few flaws out in society. But you and everyone else is right. I HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL about what I write and say, I even triple check my comments before posting them on forums just so I don't offend anyone. The only reason why I wanted that scene in the story was because it was a critical turning point, and it does change everything. But your right, if people did happen to read my story, it could change people's beliefs and whatnot. And I assure you, that is thing I never in a thousand years intend to do to anyone, whether they believe or not. I guess I wasn't wise enough to realize it. But thank you so so much for opening my eyes. I'll reconsider the story plot. Lucky I haven't actually started writing about it. But Thank you!

@KingJ Thankyou for you comment as well. I really appreciate and value people's opinions. I totally believe in forgiveness and repentance. No doubt about that. The only thing is, I was originally going to plot the setting for this story in an 'unbelieving' town, if you get what I mean. The basic plot is just about a Christian Girl's battle with a society that oppresses and resents her because she believes. I by no means want to cause problems or offenses to anyone. It was just an thought. Please forgive me if I offended anyone. I don't intend to hurt anyone's feelings or beliefs. It's just that the 'rapist' (or murderer, still deciding) doesn't actually believe. Or that's how the story was originally planned. But please know that I will consider everyone's comments. And Thank you for your opinions.

God Bless.

Hey Guys! It's been a while since I've been on here but glad I'm back.

To the point:

So, I'm starting to plan and write out a book as just a hobby thing. I sort of have a passion for writing books, poetry etc. For the plot and characters, I was going to have it as the angel (who is one of the main characters) in the story kill the protagonist who is actually a rapist trying attack the teenage girl, whom is the main person which the whole story revolves around. I looked up some names of The Angels in Heaven and I came across a sweet angel called Haniel. This angel is one of the Archangels that specializes in Joy, Happiness and protects the souls of Christians. I was planning on naming my story Angel Haniel, but this thought made me very hesitant. In the story, the angel KILLS a human being (a sinner if must be). Would it be very offensive and 'not-a-good-idea' to name my story Angel after the Heavenly Angel Haniel, especially since my story angel murders someone? Would Haniel find this offensive that I named my murderous/guardian angel after him/her?

I really need a few peoples opinions on this because I don't intend and don't want to offend The Angels, and especially not to gain The Almighty One's disapproval. In fact, I want to dedicate this story to The Angels who help us.

Thankyou!!!! XOXO

OK my personal viewpoint. I'd much rather see you turn the bad guys thoughts and intentions around. I don't know how you'd work things that way (simpleton here believes we turn to Christ and doesn't really know what angels may do, although for the activities on the other side, I can assure you The Screwtape letters is not mere fiction - maybe the angel could help to point him in the right direction???). Killing IMO would be a defeat rather than a victory.

On the names, is there any reason why you couldn't just introduce your own name?

It would depend, there are good angels and there are bad angels or fallen angels also known as demons.
The rapist could not turn or repent if hes in bondage to satan and is not convicted in his heart. jesus did say for certain people causing little ones to stumble its worse they should never have been born and ought to be cast into the sea like the millstone.

Also God has said veangeance is mine I will repay. So he WILL avenge what was wrong, we dont need to do it. Many people whove done an unspeakable evil will reap what they sow unfortunatetly...not all turn to Jesus if their eye is compeltely darkened. Most would not have had the Word in them or completely rejected it.

But doesn't God's delight in seeing a sinner repent and come to him? And does he rejoice when he has to call time on someone?

Yes of course its actually angels that rejoice.
But..OP is telling the story here and if she writes angels are going to avenge this unrepentant sinner than thats what shes going to tell.

Alot of research. I went on a few websites and found out that written in this Hebrew Bible about Heaven, I think there was an Archangel called Haniel. A few websites mentioned this angels name actually. But I just like the sound of the name Haniel. I think it sounds sweet.

Not so my dear. Your research did not include the Word of God.There is only ONE arch angel mentioned in the Scripture and that is Michael. There is NO HANIEL whatsoever in the Bible. There is one mentioned in the terrible, faked and occult book of Enoch.

I encourage you to do your research in the Bible and NOT on websites.

My advice is to stay away from such erroneous and false information as it will ultimately lead to Satanic things such as séances, talking to the dead and spiritualism. All of which is condemned in Gods Word.

I would just have it as an anonymous angel.
If Iwas writing it, or a whole host of angels. Or say it was from the holy angel team side.
In the bible it sometimes named the angel of the Lord, or the angel of death.

Yea I cant find Haniel in the bible either. I used to have a copy of the book of Enoch, but dont anymore so I cant look that up..i dont know that it was actually occult, but if it isnt in the bible theres probably a reason why...

The novel Rebecca by daphne du maurier had an unnamed narrator called the second Mrs de winter. You never actually found out her christian name.

I think also surfacing by Margaret Atwood had this device. This novel was about a woman who regretted having an abortion and went wild in the canadian woods.

Thank you for you comment as well. I really appreciate and value people's opinions. I totally believe in forgiveness and repentance. No doubt about that. The only thing is, I was originally going to plot the setting for this story in an 'unbelieving' town, if you get what I mean. The basic plot is just about a Christian Girl's battle with a society that oppresses and resents her because she believes. I by no means want to cause problems or offenses to anyone. It was just an thought. Please forgive me if I offended anyone. I don't intend to hurt anyone's feelings or beliefs. It's just that the 'rapist' (or murderer, still deciding) doesn't actually believe. Or that's how the story was originally planned. But please know that I will consider everyone's comments. And Thank you for your opinions. God Bless.

If you want the angel to kill someone you would have to make the book very fictional. If you want to make it about Christianity....you need to acknowledge three facts or else you would be misrepresenting Christianity.

1. As others have said no arch angel Haniel.
2. Angels don't kill humans. Their war is not against humans and nor is ours.
3. The devil on the other hand.

Have the angel knock the rapist down and then the lady convert him by forgiving him and telling him about Jesus ;). That would tie in with many people's testimonies.

Angels don't kill people? They do...indirectly. They are God's servants...they can just read what it says in the bible about the plagues etc.
I would not say many women forgive their abusers when they have not even be convicted about what they did was wrong or genuinely repentant. That is giving a totally different message.

people do not convert people that way. I'm sorry KingJ but what you said sounds more like a bad christian novel and complete fiction. Unless I'm missing something here. Why does a christian novel always have to have a conversion in it? People who have sexually abused others genuinely do not even know what they did was wrong. Their hearts are hardened, that's why they are in jail. if they are converted in prison after some time thinking about what they did, sure maybe...but I have not heard a lot about that. If so Izabella you might need to do some research on real life prison ministry if you want to write about that.

I will tell you a real life story.
most women are date raped.
The men that do it, usually on alcohol or drugs. And they die of those things.
Many women do not report this. because it is shameful.

Those that a raped by complete strangers often don't know whats happening till it happens. Its' evil. most would not even face their predators again they are way too traumatized.

but the majority of sexual abuse happens in families. step families...dysfunctional families.

Read the story of Tamar in the bible...was it Tamar or Dinah ...one of them was raped. Starts with T. What happened there?
Dinah it seems played the harlot. What happened to her lover?

Rape is absolutely demonic. Even portraying it is traumatizing. I know one actor actually tried to portray the rape in A streetcar named desire (instead of cutting the scene) and he died in China by falling off a building. Was it an accident? nobody knows. But he was young. It was random.

Vivien Leigh became mentally ill and one thing that exacerbated it was playing Blanche du Bois over and over and over.
She was also raped in the movie Gone with the Wind.

She played a lot of harlots in her acting career..something that I would not ever recommend any christian to do. (she was catholic). She had an adulterous relationship with Laurence Oliver, and he was actually molested by an anglican priest.

Angels don't kill people? They do...indirectly. They are God's servants...they can just read what it says in the bible about the plagues etc.
I would not say many women forgive their abusers when they have not even be convicted about what they did was wrong or genuinely repentant. That is giving a totally different message.

people do not convert people that way. I'm sorry KingJ but what you said sounds more like a bad christian novel and complete fiction. Unless I'm missing something here. Why does a christian novel always have to have a conversion in it? People who have sexually abused others genuinely do not even know what they did was wrong. Their hearts are hardened, that's why they are in jail. if they are converted in prison after some time thinking about what they did, sure maybe...but I have not heard a lot about that. If so Izabella you might need to do some research on real life prison ministry if you want to write about that.

This makes for an interesting discussion :).

Ex 12:29 At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt.

God killed the firstborns. God drowned Pharoah and his army in the red sea. Angels removed lot and family from Sodom. God destroyed Sodom.

Last edited:
This makes for an interesting discussion :).

Ex 12:29 At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt.

God killed the firstborns. God drowned Pharoah and his army in the red sea. Angels removed lot and family from Sodom. God destroyed Sodom.
Yep. Youve got the idea.

Back