1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

World Vision Changes Mind About Same Sex Married Christians?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MichaelH, Mar 27, 2014.

1. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/2...ians-in-same-sex-marriages/?intcmp=latestnews

World vision changed a 2 day in effect policy that allowed Same Sex Married "Christians" to be employed there from the U.S.

Many supporters said they would stop giving to World vision because of this hiring of Homosexuals. World vision then decided to reverse it's policy to not hire Homosexual "Christian" couples.

Homosexual Christian Couples? A big oxymoron there.

The group said this in an apology statement.

"In our board's effort to unite around the church's shared mission to serve the poor in the name of Christ, we failed to be consistent with World Vision U.S.'s commitment to the traditional understanding of biblical marriage and our own statement of faith, which says, `We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God,"' Stearns and Bere wrote. "We are brokenhearted over the pain and confusion we have caused many of our friends, who saw this decision as a reversal of our strong commitment to Biblical authority. We ask that you understand that this was never the board's intent."
    However they also said this.

The agency had announced Monday that its board had prayed for years about whether to hire Christians in same-sex marriages as churches took different stands on recognizing gay relationships. World Vision staff come from dozens of denominations with varied views on the issue.

Now, I am not the brightest light in the tree, but that is akin to asking God if it's OK to practice Witchcraft every 3rd Sunday at Church. I mean there are some things we don't need to pray about.

Bottom line, they saw it was going to effect the "Bottom Line" and changed positions. Had nobody said anything about not giving anymore, the Homosexual couples were coming in force.

Folks don't be fooled. The whole thing is corrupt. Just like the United Methodist Church which tried to vote in Homosexual Clergy.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news...05-03/methodist-homosexuality-vote/54737970/1

For some Odd Reason, the United Methodist Church thought it a good idea to take a vote to allow Homosexuals to be clergy for the people.

The vote did not pass....... 60% Against 40%

Now, some say we Won!!!!!
    No, you need to get out now and have nothing to do with that denomination anymore.
    A little leaven, leavens the whole Lump. Not my Words, the Head of the Church said that. Jesus.

If I take a vote in my house with 10 people for pizza with everything or just cheese Pizza, and 6 vote for everything and 4 vote for Cheese.

One thing I know. Those that want cheese only are still with me, and may be gaining allies or converts.

Be blessed.

Where is the Messiah likes this.
  2. _________________________________________

This has happened for hundreds of years. The true Christians have always left those who would corrupt the scriptures: and it
    was not only because of persecution, although persecution has never been too far behind.

"...others has trials of cruel mockings and scourgings, yes, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunderwere tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandereed about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth."

See, Beloved, what we are seeing is the pendulum beginning to swing back to the dark ages.
    But just my thoughts.

3. Amen.....................

Folks make mistakes............... but you have to read it. They prayed for years to allow Same sex Christian married couples.

To them, Married couples can be of the same sex, else they would not have prayed that way. Who they fooling?

It's like I prayed for years that God would allow me to sleep with my Neighbors Wife.

Be blessed.

4. I've had gay friends before. If someone wants cheese pizza they can just take the toppings off, but if we order a cheese pizza, what am I suppose to do?

5. LOL, you have to be gay then my Brother......... That is good..............very good. I don't find many things funny, that was funny.

6. We need to get out our whips like Jesus did in the temple and fire those behind the initial decision. Then and only then will it be fine to support them.

7. I know I can be a bit slow, but like to think I have a good sense of humor...what does this mean?:confused:

8. You actually have to read the OP to understand that. Like read what caused the thread. New concept, I know, but I had to learn the same thing.

:)

9. I did read the OP and agreed that this is about as far from God as a folks can get. What I don't understand is the cheese pizza. I also have had those who where "gay" in my life..not sure I would call them friends? I have tried to show compassion and treat them with the respect that all human beings deserve. But none would have in any way thought that I would accept that lifestyle as acceptable to God, much less that I would in any way approve or try to ordain there sin before God. The pizza is not made to satisfy our desires, it is made to satisfy the Lords desires. If one tells me that a pizza that belongs to the Lord, is not subject to the Lords desires? Then I say they do not or have not ever delivered pizza to or for Him. Sadly what they are promoting is the food from the table of demons.

1Co 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

10. _________________________________________

I believe that the last Person to do that was crucified. I also believe that we must be willing to pay the price...ridicule, physical and mental abuse, excommunication...

11. Your going a bit deep with the Pizza thing. What I said...............

The United Methodist Church held a meeting in Florida to vote for Gay Clergy. (Pastors and what not) they Actually took a vote and the Vote did not pass 60% against to 40% for gay Pastors.

Some Methodist are confused thinking they won a victory. That is not the case as a little Leaven, leavens the whole lump.

I said that is like having 10 people in my house and we take a vote to order Pizza with everything or order Cheese Pizza. 6 People (60%) Vote for pizza with Everything. 4 vote for just ordering Cheese. (40%)

I said one thing I know, though we got the Everything Pizza, I still have 4 people in my house that want cheese and could be gaining converts and Allies.

In other words, though the Vote for Gay ministers did not pass almost half of the whole is corrupted and getting worse.

I have also stated in other threads that taking a Vote for Gay pastors is akin to taking a vote during Church service to forgo the bible lesson and instead practice Witch Craft together.

12. Well the pizza question was directed at our friend the bear... he likes to use metaphors and such:) He really lives in a world of pretend and fantasy I think:LOL:

13. Want to know how I know you're gay? :giggle:

14. I'm shortening your name to 'Ted'. (y)

15. Because im happy?:D

16. They call me logi in other forums. You can call me that. I'm not really feeling the Ted name. ;)

17. I like that song, but do you think it was made for homosexuals?

18. hmm...how about 'Thunder Buddy" :ROFLMAO:

19. What song? "Happy" is a song but it is not gay.:p

20. Speaking of weather, in my area we had a bunch of tornado warnings. LOL, I live in northern California. The news kept talking about, "Folks, be careful, a shingle could fall off your roof"

I think about a month ago in Southern California, it was getting down to 65 degrees, and they were worried about it freezing. Is California crazy?