World Cup Brazil 2014!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by SergioL, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Which team are you guys rooting? Switzerland or Argentina? I know what team Sergio wants to win :D

I am looking forward to some Messi magic.. Looks like a balanced match so far.. Just sneaking in a little during lunch time :)

2. I am very disappointed by Argentina's performance. Hopefully, we will improve in the second half. Our defense is pathetic.

3. Possibly Switzerland on the grounds that they are the underdogs but I'm not really that fussed. Maybe I should just settle for "may the best team win".

4. We won, but we suffered a lot!

Ravindran likes this.
  5. Belgium or USA? Make your bets. I think I'll go for USA in this one.

6. Well I certainly think USA are capable of winning it so, I'll place my bet that way.

SergioL likes this.
  7. My staff is voting for Belgium (I am in Brussels) but I'm for the USA :)

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

SergioL and Ravindran say Amen and like this.
  8. USA

SergioL likes this.
  9. whats up with that guy biting everyone?

10. That was quite a game! I'd imagine there will be a fair number of disappointed Americans at the moment but I think their side will have earned a lot of respect worldwide for their performance tonight.

SergioL, DavidG and Ravindran says Amen and like this.
  11. The goalie, Tim Howard, holds a new record - the number of saves in a WC game!

Ravindran and SergioL say Amen and like this.
  12. He bit three other players already. Maybe he is a zombie.

[​IMG]

13. I think Luis Suarez has a bit of a problem. The incident with Giorgio Chiellini in the Uruguay vs Italy match was the third time Suarez bit someone. The other occasions were in 2010 when he bit PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal on the shoulder while playing for Ajax and in 2013 when he bit Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic while playing for Liverpool in the English Premier League. He was also banned for a few matches for racially abusing another player while playing for Liverpool.

He seemed to have settled down over here though and his last season was excellent. He scored 31 goals in 33 games and won a few top awards for his performances over the season. It seemed like he'd got his "bad side" under control and was getting himself a better reputation. It's a shame he went back to biting in the World Cup.

That said, although I think it's a shame he did it and feel sorry for him in some ways, I think the ban he's received is reasonable. Other opinions for his punishment seem to range from "excessive" (eg.Chielellini, the player who got bit has said this) to the comments I've read in some places suggesting he should either be banned for life or forced to wear a muzzle.

14. At the very least they should change his medication

15. My 7 year old son wandered into the room while I was watching the Suarez video and instantly said, "He cheats and hurts people on purpose and then he's proud of it! He's a bad person. He makes me not want to play soccer."

Ravindran likes this.
  16. There are a lot of jokes about him in the web. This is one of my favorites.

17. Neymar is out with a broken vertebra. Poor fellow. I hope he recovers soon.

18. Yes, but the doctor said that it is not that bad. He will be fine in a month. I just hope that he doesn't get any chronic problems because of it. The referee allowed too many fouls to go unpunished yesterday and the game became violent.

boltardy likes this.
  19. Agreed.

--
    Anyway, it is down to Argentina, Brazil, Germany and Holland now. I'd really hoped Costa Rica were going to pull off a surprise result tonight but it wasn't to be.

SergioL likes this.