Works Mark the Christian

Dusty

Inactive
Works Mark the Christian

It's not that works save the Christian , but that works mark the Christian. I am reading and we are studying on Wed., the book of James . It only makes sense that we who have been given much should give much. Not just with words but with our lives.

James speaks basically to the Christian and is teaching some very valuable lessons. In James 2: 4 he says if people say they have faith , but do nothing their faith is worth nothing. Can faith like that save them?

Christianity is more action on Monday than worship on Sunday. Faith and good deeds go hand in hand.

God allows tough situations in our lives in oder to refine us and bring us closer to Him. We should approach these times with the right attitude and seek wisdom form God.

Works are the fruit of our faith in Christ and are a heritage that is ordained to us. We move in faith and bring glory to His Name. One cannot truly be moved by God and not have it manifest in an expression of love and gratitude - this is the hearts desire to build the kingdom and at His lead we can change the world around us.

Thanks my son. Not by works of righteousness as some people think that , that will get them into heaven but when we truly love the Lord our works , deeds and actions will show our true self and what we believe.and what we do during the week is our true colours so to speak.

I just thought I would put this story here pertaining to the book of James. I think he would have liked this story.

Francis of Assisi once invited an apprentice to go with him to a nearby village to preach. . The young monk quickly agreed , seizing an opportunity to hear his teacher speak. When they arrived in the village, St Francis began to visit with the people.

First he stopped in the butcher . Next a visit with the cobbler. The a short walk to the woman who'd recently burried her husband. After that a stop at the school to chat with the teacher. This continued throughout the morning. After some time, Francis told his disciple that is was time to return to the abbey.

The student didn't understand . " But we came to preach" he reminded " We haven't preached a sermon "

" Haven't we ?" questioned the elder. " People have watched us, listened to us , responded to us . Every word we have spoken , every deed we have done has been a sermon. We have preached all morning "

Preach without ceasing. If you must, use words. Not just with words . But with our lives.:preach::preach::preach:

works can,t save a christian only faith.a poor person would give you all they had,but if they had nothing what works can they do but to give love and good advise and lead you to salvation.:groupray:

Amen , Michael...
That is so true and as I am reading in James this is also James instuction to the Christian.in the first Chapter in verse 9 we are told, that as believers we should be a proud people and even when we are poor we are spiritually rich.

We need to Love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength; Jesus said to Peter do you love me more then these, our love for Jesus is greater and needs to be greater to one another so then we can love God the most completely, Jesus more then anything on earth and love one another as ourselves and the rest that we love would be below that because it is only for this life…"

Words are too often empty and without meaning, because the lives of those speaking the words don't agree with the words. People see our lives and decide whether or not to listen to our words from that. Do they see Christ in us?

Words are too often empty and without meaning, because the lives of those speaking the words don't agree with the words. People see our lives and decide whether or not to listen to our words from that. Do they see Christ in us?

Jon - Marc.... So true. I really pray that people see Christ in me.:shepherd:

Ephesians 2:8:10
By the grace of God you are saved through faith , and that not of yourselfs ; its is God
gift. It not of by works , so that no one may boast; For we are the handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God previously prepared for us so that we should live in them.

Indeed - works are an expression of faith not vice versa.

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Amen, Larry and Univac.

Works alone cannot save us like a lot of people think but what we do and show to our fellow man marks us as a Christian. Sometimes , it is just the little things that we think don't count but believe me people are watching our lives to see if we live up to what being a Christian is really like. And again it falls back to our fruit. We must let Jesus be the inspector, let Him prune the branches and submit to Him. Our lives are like a mirror and when we look into that mirror do we see God's Love and acceptance. ?

If He is lifted up He will draw all men to Himself- Lord help us to show your love to a lost world.

Back