Psalm 23:4
4. Even when I walk
through the darkest valley (a)
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
Protect and comfort me.

(a) or the dark valley of death.

Last week I talking to a friend who was telling me about his grandmother. He told me that the most important thing to her was her was God and her beliefs.

He said she was 78 when she took very ill and the family was told that she only had a short time to live. Her grandson was very upset, and she said to him, "No, no, don't be upset. Be happy for me. I am not afraid. I will at last see my Lord."

That is a deep faith, and very inspiring. I asked myself, "'am I on the right track? Is my faith strong enough?"

This verse answered my question:

Psalm 143:8
8. Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, For I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.

155559_Praying_Hands.jpg

`

Psalm 23:4
4. Even when I walk
through the darkest valley (a)
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
Protect and comfort me.

(a) or the dark valley of death.

Last week I talking to a friend who was telling me about his grandmother. He told me that the most important thing to her was her was God and her beliefs.

He said she was 78 when she took very ill and the family was told that she only had a short time to live. Her grandson was very upset, and she said to him, "No, no, don't be upset. Be happy for me. I am not afraid. I will at last see my Lord."

That is a deep faith, and very inspiring. I asked myself, "'am I on the right track? Is my faith strong enough?"

This verse answered my question:

Psalm 143:8
8. Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, For I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.

View attachment 9707

`
I had my faith tested when I had a "widow-maker" heart attack. My heart stopped and I had to be resuscitated with paddles. For the minutes that I was "clinically dead" (term for stopped heart patients), I had time to talk to the Lord. I was completely unafraid and at peace. I simply asked God to take care of my family, and I apologized for not learning everything God wanted me to learn. I had mixed feelings when the paddles kicked me like a mule (twice); I was happy that I would be back with my family but a little sad that I had not gone home to the Lord.

I had my faith tested when I had a "widow-maker" heart attack. My heart stopped and I had to be resuscitated with paddles. For the minutes that I was "clinically dead" (term for stopped heart patients), I had time to talk to the Lord. I was completely unafraid and at peace. I simply asked God to take care of my family, and I apologized for not learning everything God wanted me to learn. I had mixed feelings when the paddles kicked me like a mule (twice); I was happy that I would be back with my family but a little sad that I had not gone home to the Lord.
Hi BibleLover I think it is incredible that you was given time to talk to God, before being resuscitated. You have a wonderful testimony.

Back