Words.....how important are they in your every day life ?

Life and death are in the power of the tongue pr. 18:21
But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Mt 12:37-38.
Vs 34b says for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. And 35 says a good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
To me it is both important to have a godly attitude, and to be very careful of the words that you allow to come out of our mouth. What do we want to come to pass. Good or evil?

Great thread, Jim!
On the other hand, if a person lacks Christ and/or a sincere heart, I will turn them off quick and probably won't take to heart what they are saying. Nothing good comes from this kind of exchange.

Thank You Jess,
I left your last part of your post up for a reason....
I think I am not understanding you in this last part.
I know your heart is loving and hungry for God. I do not have to ask about that.
What I am not sure about is things like this......

You have a wonderful job and know God placed you there, your boss is NOT saved and has a normal worldy heart and yea some times wods of questionible taste. If I understand your words above then I would think you would not pay any attention to him and his words would fall to the way side. Like I said Jess, I think I just did not understand you.

Any way Jess, Coffee was scarce around here today !!:sleep:
Have a great week Brother
your Brother in Christ
jim

Thank You Jess,
I left your last part of your post up for a reason....
I think I am not understanding you in this last part.
I know your heart is loving and hungry for God. I do not have to ask about that.
What I am not sure about is things like this......

You have a wonderful job and know God placed you there, your boss is NOT saved and has a normal worldy heart and yea some times wods of questionible taste. If I understand your words above then I would think you would not pay any attention to him and his words would fall to the way side. Like I said Jess, I think I just did not understand you.

Any way Jess, Coffee was scarce around here today !!:sleep:
Have a great week Brother
your Brother in Christ
jim
Sorry for the confusion, Jim.

I was referring to those people who do claim Christ, but their words do not reflect it. They lose me and I have a difficult time "hearing" what they have to say. I'm not speaking of unbelievers.

Well this thread has not even started yet. As I said I felt lead to go in another direction and as I set up the foundation of the thread all sorts of stupid stuff have come up against me. Go figure huh !! But hey at least I still have my check !!

Things are calming down so once again i will get to it, right after grocery shopping tomorrow or actually later today !!
Have a very blessed week !
JimView attachment 1439

This made me think of something I recently was looking into. Personal checks. Something few people know. The line where you sign, on a lot of personal checks is actually 'words' in micro print. I won't tell you what they are because if you're serious about finding out, you will seek for your self.

Hint: A lot of what this, satans world, is about....is contracts.

Sorry for the confusion, Jim.

I was referring to those people who do claim Christ, but their words do not reflect it. They lose me and I have a difficult time "hearing" what they have to say. I'm not speaking of unbelievers.

Hello Jess,
I have a confession to make here. In the short time I have known you and had the priviledge
of talking with you, well Brother I have come to know that you have a wonderful, loving grounded heart and I figured I would ask you what you meant so it would be YOUR words written by you and not me simply saying is this what you meant....I wanted to hear what I believed........I hope that makes sense to you. lol
Thanks Brother
Jim

Hello Every One,
I know I have changed the format of this study several times and yes I am changing it once again. I know I must sound like a very unsettled person such as described in James, However this is not the case within this. (Thank God )

After reading and praying about the replies I have received in this thread and watching how "Words" are spoken and used through out this forum and others I have finally figured out the direction to go.

The format I laid out a few post up will still get covered some in this thread and some in several other threads I am going to start down the line. I made the mistake of posting this format before I was totally sure I was on the same page as what I feel God is leading me to do. The format listed above was for my guidance and not simply for this thread and this is why I got stuck if you will trying to get this started. So I ask you to forgive me and stick with me on this journey as I truly believe lives can and will be changed.

Lord Jesus we thank you for this time to study and get built up in the written word of God. We thank you that the written word of God is our road map to live out our lives in the victorious and undefeated way that you created us to live. We have heard you say, to those who have ears let them hear and those that hear more will be given unto them, but to those who do not hear then what little they have will be taken away. So in the Name of Jesus which is above all names, we declare that we do have ears to hear. Let all the Glory be yours and let us be molded and shaped into the people you have created us to be. In the Awesome name of Jesus....we say Amen.....

Thank You for sticking around and participating in this study of "Words"
Words the importance of them and the power that is loosed by them.

I want to make a quick point as we start this and it is found in John
John 1: 1-5
NLT...
1. In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God and He was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. He created everything there is. Nothing exist that he did not make.
4. Life itself was in Him, and this life gives light to everyone.
5. The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

KJV....
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made.
4. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehened it not.

Now look at Genesis 1:1-2
NLT
1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth.
2. The Earth was Empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was "Hovering" over it's service.

Then if we look at V3 and through out the chapter we see these words...
And God SAID and it Was So. He created everything by speaking WORDS.
In John we see that all things were made by Him and we see in Genesis that GOD SAID before each thing was made or another words His spoke things into existence by His own Words.

Now stick with me here and I will begin to enrich your understanding of the importance of words and NOT by my thinking but THROUGH very WORDS of God. You have all heard this cute little saying....Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me...That is so NOT true for words will kill you. Words can either build up or tear down.

Words are Life and Death....
The tongue is as a pen writing out your future.

Proverbs 4:21-22...
21. Don't loose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart,
22. for they bring life and radiant health to any one who discovers their meaning.

Proverbs 18: 21
NKJ.
21. Death and Life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat it's fruit.

NLT.
21. Those who love to talk will experience the consequences, for the tongue can kill or nourish life.

We can also read through James to get an understanding of how important it is to have control over your tongue or mouth or WORDS.

Folks please don't judge this by what you have read so far. It might sound like I am reaching but I tell you the truth it is the way this works.
It does not matter what you or I think about this or feel what our words mean, for it is the way this works. God set it up in the beginning and it will operate this way continuously. It is Kingdom Law, it truly is the way the Kingdom of God operates.

He is the Creator and we are His creation just as the earth and salvation and the way things work such as gravity and seed time and harvest time. You plant a seed in the ground and the ground knows what to do. It begins to germinate the seed so it can grow roots and then sprout up into this that God spoke it to be. The same with a wooden fence pole, stick it in the ground and it eventually rots. Why ? Simply because the ground is governed by kingdom law, it was told to germinate so it does what it knows to do. So the fence pole is stuck in the ground and the ground takes over and this causes the fence pole to rot.

We can not change this law. We can use other materials that will make it harder for the ground to rot the pole but the law still remains intact.
I said this to say this....This is Gods Plan. He put it forth into motion. He gave us a choice to choose His way and have life or choose our way or the way of the world and have death. He even went one more step and said I would choose life if I were you. So here we see God showed us two different routes we can take and even hinted to us which is better.
You can find this in Deuteronomy 30

Now you have GOT to understand that in this life of His that He offered us comes rules or regulations or "How to successfully live within His plan for man in a GOOD and WINNING WAY." He has set laws that He put into motion and He enforces or "See's To Them" that they perform just as he said they would. BUT it is up to us to learn how these things work and then learn how to activate them and get them working on our behalf AND then we have to learn on how to maintain them in order to keep them working.

Folks this is His way.....He is the one who gave us the choice to either spend eternity with Him or separated from Him for eternity. If we choose to dwell with our heavenly Father our Loving Creator the Great I Am, then we have got to do it His way or play by His set rules. Nothing Can Ever Change This.
See He set this up for us.....Did you catch that ? GOD has ALREADY SET IT UP for us to live prosperous and victorious life lacking nothing.

Some folks say well you never know what God is going to do. God is God so He will do what ever He wants to. Well Ok , We all know God is God...BUT He cant and He wont just do what ever he wants to. He is Governed by His word. He set it up this way. God always honors His word. He said His promises are backed by ALL the Honor of His word. So if you truly do not know how we are to operate within His word, how can you expect His word to operate on your behalf in your life ?

The next part I post we will dig into everything in this and we will be using Scriptures from both the Old and New Testaments.
Thank You for sticking around !!

Now for those of you who insist that I am out to lunch here and have no idea what I am talking about, well let me issue a challenge to you. I challenge you to honestly stick with me through this entire session and let the Word of God speak for it's self. I mean if you still do not agree that is because you can still keep doing things your way.
Now then to them that have ears let them hear ! For the written word of God never returns void !!

Thank You for your time and patience
Have a blessed and wonderful week
Jim

Back