1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Word Study

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by godbe4me, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Word Study

Hello everyone,
    I have something that may make some of you pull out the Big Book. The question is:

"How did Abram and Sarai Become Abraham and Sarah?"

I will give the answer tomorrow night. Let's have some fun with this.

2. Genesis

1 And when Abram was ninty years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
    2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
    3 And Abram fell on his face: and GOD talked with him, saying,
    4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
    5 Neither shall thy name any maore be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

15 And GOD said unto Abraham, as for Sa'-rai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sa'-rai, but Sa-rah shall her name be.

God made a covenant between HIM and Abraham and promised to establish that covenant forever. And GOD blessed Abraham and Sarah to be a father and mother of nations.
  3. Well now... that didn't take long.
  4. Actually the name Abram means "Exalted father"
    This is from "Terah" in Genesis 11:27 his father.

But in Hebrew, The name "ABRAHAM" means the "Father of a multitude"
    (ab-hamon) multitude of nations. (See Genesis 17:4-5)

His new name implied a look ahead to his descendants.

Sarai's name change to Sarah may have only been a slight change, but the meaning is "Princess"
    That would be a very fitting name for a woman who produces Kings.

See, God has had all of this planned since BEFORE the beginning! :)
  5. Very Good!!!! That did not take long at all. That is absolutely correct.....

6. Ahhhh , And I didn't even have time to comment ... You guys are too good .:p:p:p

Cool :cool::cool::cool::cool: