Women in the church

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife that loves Jesus, will not be impressed if I tell her she is not a lady.
Being in Christ does not mean your sex changes. Of course things will change in heaven. There is no longer a need for sex and we will no longer have the flesh constraining us. Now, however, the flesh constrains us...no matter how spiritually minded we think we are.
No matter what we think, we are not male or female in Christ. The flesh was only given so that man could operate in this physical realm and to populate this earth. Flesh and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Luke 22:42 Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.

The flesh still constrains us all as it did Jesus there. Weaker sex is / can only be the flesh. In heaven things will be different, sure.
The "weaker" has nothing to do with spiritual strength, it has to do with physical strength. Are we not already sitting in Heavenly places in Christ, or is that just a play on words?

No matter what we think, we are not male or female in Christ. The flesh was only given so that man could operate in this physical realm and to populate this earth. Flesh and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of God.
A woman can have the same encounter / spiritual closeness with God as Paul did....and she will still bite a man's head off once a month and have pain in childbirth ;).

Nothing we say or think changes this!

A woman can have the same encounter / spiritual closeness with God as Paul did....and she will still bite a man's head off once a month and have pain in childbirth ;).
And a man will still have to labor all the days of his life, and at the end of the day still not love his wife as he is suppose to.

A man (husband) is only the head of ONE women (wife) not all women!!

1Ti 3:2.. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Co 11:3.. But I want you to know and realize that Christ is the Head of every man, the head of a woman is her husband, and the Head of Christ is God.

1Ti 3:2.. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1Co 11:3.. But I want you to know and realize that Christ is the Head of every man, the head of a woman is her husband, and the Head of Christ is God.

These two verses have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

The first is evidence that no woman, married or single can be an elder.

The second is just emphasizing that woman also need to submit to a man in marriage. As they may easily feel they rule the roost. I / we all have seen men that report to their wives. They are not men. A woman is supposed to make her husband feel like a man and the man make his wife feel like a lady.

It also needs to be mentioned that not all men qualify to be elders and deacons.

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach
A (woman who holds the office of) bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach

That view doesn't fit with any scripture, how can a woman be the husband of one wife?

A (woman who holds the office of) bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach

That view doesn't fit with any scripture, how can a woman be the husband of one wife?
Search this thread I have already talked about that, and I am about to go over it again. I do not want to keep going over the same thing over, and over.

Nothing we say or think changes this!
Watch yourself in the temptation of making ignorant, sexist comments.

These two verses have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

The first is evidence that no woman, married or single can be an elder.

The second is just emphasizing that woman also need to submit to a man in marriage. As they may easily feel they rule the roost. I / we all have seen men that report to their wives. They are not men. A woman is supposed to make her husband feel like a man and the man make his wife feel like a lady.

It also needs to be mentioned that not all men qualify to be elders and deacons.
Women are elders despite your take on scripture.

My wife that loves Jesus, will not be impressed if I tell her she is not a lady.
Being in Christ does not mean your sex changes. Of course things will change in heaven. There is no longer a need for sex and we will no longer have the flesh constraining us. Now, however, the flesh constrains us...no matter how spiritually minded we think we are.
Amen!

Listen folks........I have read this thread carefully and it is no different than the others on the same subject. Everyone here already knows what I am going to say as soon as you saw my name appear.

Not all of the time but most of the time, this is one of those areas that is determined by ones denominational position. IF you are of a certain denomination, you will say that women can hold positions of authority in the church no matter what Scripture is given. I am not being mean or argumenitive but I am simply stating the facts of past historical comments.

There is simply no way to make the Scriptures say that a woman can be a pastor, however, IF that is what YOU want to have happen, you will allow it to happen. It is just that plain and simple.

It is the result of the Burger King theology................."YOU can have it YOUR way".

God is no debate; and His Word is the same.....yesterday, today and forever.... yes to forever. I want to LIVE. Praise God.
A woman, who is married, looks to please her husband.
A woman, who is unmarried, looks to please her God.
There is nothing above Him, and all things are below Him.
I have been made one in Him, by Him, for Him. Praise the Lord.
I am not distracted by a fleshly man to please; I seek to please the Lord my God. My time is not divided; because something here desires me to cater to it, or him, or them.

The flesh lust after itself and the pride of life (this life).
I am not Jew nor Greek, nor American.
I am not bond nor free.
I am not male nor female.
I am not sexual; homo or hetero
I am spirit; and praise God I have been born again, in Him, by Him, for Him.
And HE does indeed teach me ALL things; goes to reason, who better could teach me other than the ONE who created ALL THINGS.
Praise you my Lord Jesus. Amen

When the Lord makes you free, you are free indeed.
The Lord frees me from this world, yet, some try to lay heavy burdens upon me, that they themselves will not lift one finger to do so.
Lord God have mercy upon us ALL.
All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Some just like to debate and be right. Why do you continue to get involved in such battles about who is right and wrong?
God is Right; and we had better be pushing into HIM and His Truth; not defiling ourselves because of the opinions of men (flesh).
God is able to raise vessels unto honor and dishonor. Even those that are walking dishonoring the Word of God is a testimony and works together for the good of God and all those that believe. Let our conversation becometh as the gospel of Christ; not our gospel, but HIS. Amen

I am so glad to NOT have a denominational bent and know that God calls AND appoints women alongside men to lead and pastor His people!!

I am so glad to NOT have a denominational bent and know that God calls AND appoints women alongside men to lead and pastor His people!!

1 Timothy 3:2-12....................
" A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach".

The truth is that women in general, married or not, are to learn in submission in the church and are not to hold authoritative teaching positions such as pastor and elder which are repeated stated to be held by men. That is what the Scriptures teach. Everyone can read them and either accept them or reject them. It is your choice.

It is indeed an unpopular notion that the husband is the head of the wife and authority in the Church rests in the male and that women are to learn in godly submission. But this does not mean that the Christian church should listen to the wisdom of the world, for it is not wisdom at all. Like it or not, the Scriptures teach that eldership and pastorship is to be held by males. This is not to say that women aren't talented or even able to do their jobs in the church better than some men, but practicality does not trump doctrinal truth. We need to be faithful to God's Word.

1Ti 3:1.. This saying is trustworthy: "If someone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a good work."
1Ti 3:2.. The oversee then must be above reproach, the husband of one wife temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, an able teacher, (NET)

The problem here is the word, "man", or "his" is not gender specific in its translation. The reason "husband" is even mentioned is because it would not be good to have a "bishop" with multiple wives. The first verse says.....

1 Ti 3:1. This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. (KJV)

The word, "if any man" means, "if anyone, or someone, or whosoever" desires the office of a deacon, it does not mean male. The NET Bible translation gets it right.

1Ti 3:1.. This saying is trustworthy: "If someone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a good work." (NET)

It could not possibly mean that the "Bishop" must be married in order to be a bishop as there have been many who were and never married. It was not permissible for a "women" to divorce their husband, but it was very very easy for a man to divorce his wife. This is why it does not mention that women must be the wife of one husband anywhere in scripture because they did not have that problem in those days. The women would be included to be one of the whosoever, or someone, or if anyone who desires this office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back