Witnessing A Biblical Event In Person

If you could be transported back in time in order to be present at one of the events narrated in the Bible, which event would you choose? These are the ones I would choose:

1) The sermon of the mountain.
2) The crossing of the Red Sea.
3) Jesus walking on the waters.

Where is that in the bible? :rolleyes: :LOL:
Ah, remember? When they teased Elisha, calling him an old bald-head, and told him to "go up" as Elijah had. When we were little, we used to tease my Father, rubbing his sweet head, singing,
"I want a head with a moon on top,
A moon on top,
A moon on top;
I want a head with a moon on top
So I can be like Daddy."

Where is that in the bible? :rolleyes: :LOL:

2 Kings 2- 23,24
And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

42 little children were killed for calling him bald.

2 Kings 2- 23,24
And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

I actually like this story. Children should respect their elders, especially if those elders are prophets like Elijah. I hope I am not being disrespectful by saying this, but Elijah is by far the most baddass prophet in the Bible. I really like the passage in which he defies the prophets of Baal and ends up killing them all. Elijah is like the "Dirty Harry" of the Old Testament.

How can you like a story about 42 little children getting torn to pieces?

Also I don't think it is good to kill someone because they have different beliefs. That is the Muslim way.

Also I don't think it is good to kill someone because they have different beliefs. That is the Muslim way.

The Old Testament was a whole different story because at that time the Law of Moses had to be enforced upon the population of Israel. What the kids did was clearly against the Law and they knew it (Leviticus 19:32). Right now we are not meant to enforce anything because the real purpose of the Law, which is to point towards the grace of God in Christ Jesus, has already been revealed. Furthermore, Islam is a whole different thing because Islam is not confined to Mecca or Saudi Arabia (or to any State). On the contrary, Islam is an expansionist social cancer that threatens the entire world.

2 Kings 2- 23,24

Okay. Thanks. I think I read that story before.

Because he said he did it in the name of The Lord...

If I did get to witness this, would it be wrong to tell world star?

Back