wish me luck

That depends on what your view to opening up ones heart is. We are called to love our enemies and I would say that is opening up your heart unto them........

Yes, love your enemies, but don't leave your heart wide open to be trampled on. We are called to be wise with our associations. Being friendly is important, but we need to be discriminating about who we have as friends.

Yes, love your enemies, but don't leave your heart wide open to be trampled on. We are called to be wise with our associations. Being friendly is important, but we need to be discriminating about who we have as friends.
This is true but then again when we major in offences we set our selves up to be hurt or controlled by emotions...........better to open up your heart in love and prayer and not allow offences and hurts to even stay long enough to get our attention........

One way is the normal human nature way even as a Christian - the other is a heart filled with God and built up in His word and ware offences and wrongs hinder one not..........

This is true but then again when we major in offences we set our selves up to be hurt or controlled by emotions...........better to open up your heart in love and prayer and not allow offences and hurts to even stay long enough to get our attention........

One way is the normal human nature way even as a Christian - the other is a heart filled with God and built up in His word and ware offences and wrongs hinder one not..........

I agree that we are to love everyone, but we don't have to let everyone into our lives and hearts. It is spiritual wisdom to guard our hearts and make good choices about who we allow into our lives and who we need to keep at arm's length. That doesn't mean we withhold the love of God for those we know are not going to be good associations for us.

I agree that we are to love everyone, but we don't have to let everyone into our lives and hearts. It is spiritual wisdom to guard our hearts and make good choices about who we allow into our lives and who we need to keep at arm's length. That doesn't mean we withhold the love of God for those we know are not going to be good associations for us.
Euphemia Hello,
I agree that we must be careful who we allow into our every day life and that is one point.
Another point is this..........you can not truly love - as God loves without having compassion in your heart. God is as much Compassion as He is Love.

Answer..........gaurd your Heart and Mind -
Gaurd from what ? Human emotions - anger - hurt - judging - emotions of the flesh.

When one stands in intercessory prayer - Their heart becomes full of Love and Compassion for the one they are standing the gap between them and God. Spirit filled emotions or spiritually Connected will be great.

My point is not to come against you Euphemia - No Mam not at all !!
My point is digging deeper into what is being said. Too many Christians take this guard your heart in an incorrect way. They do not allow the Love of God to flow or Love others as God loves others. Too busy keeping others away and out of mind and heart because they do Not "Seem" to be good quality of people.

For example........ @Alang - now his path did cross with this lost girl - his heart was moved big time ( God Bless Him For That ) - Now there was Two (2) Yes Two Paths this could take him.

One being he dropped to his knee's and went to work with intercessory prayer - spent hours daily before God for this girl. His heart would grow Full of Love and Compassion for this girl.
His every groan unto God would be filled with love and compassion for this girl - he could have stayed there doing this daily until God showed him the victory.......

The other path.........same compassion in the start for this girl.......same conviction to see her set free and delivered from this life style. However this time - he goes at it mostly in his strength. He is not using the word of God as his guide and mostly using human nature to save the day. Ride in on a white horse and save the girl. Even though he prayed and prayed and prayed - he went forth in his strength - now this compassion and desire is being fed and developed by human nature which brings forth "Feelings" and Fleshly Emotions.

Now these in return tug at his heart and since he is moving in his strength ( with good intentions ) he has NOT the word of God Protecting and guiding him so -----------------
his heart gives way to human emotions and he begins to fall for the girl. Compassion turns into desire of the flesh and before you know it - he is all caught up in like - (Lust of the Flesh) and this is NOT a sexual thing but his flesh wants her and she is so cute and those eyes and that smile and --------------- no word of God guarding his heart or mind or being........

Yes I know this is long winded but you my sister will Not be the only one who reads it.

I said all this for one reason................

When you find your self in a situation as this............
You Can Pick and Choose the out come by one of the follwing....
1. Go at it Gods Way and With God's Guidence every move of the way - see success
2. Go at this in your strength - get all caught up and chance not helping but harming yourself or the other or both

3. Simply walk away.. Turn your back. after all we need to protect our hearts and minds from those less desirering. Let some one else do it - well some people just do not deserve to be saved and so on.

Too many Christians with good intentions follow Path number TWO....ruin lives and miss out on Gods true calling for their lives.

Far too many Christians Miss - Use number THREE in Gods Name and do nothing and Stop The Love Of God From Reaching Them At That Time.. The problem here is - you may have been their last hope.........here today and gone tomorrow........then you have the what if's in your life....What if I would have went ? would they be alive? What if I would have obeyed and Loved ? would they have an eternity with the Father ? and so on.......ugly mess that is.

Then ther is Plan 1 .........be ready at all times - full of the Love of God and Full of His word.
Knowing what to do and how to work it.
Lives get turned around and not ruined or ripped apart from hurtful feelings....

When one follows choice number two...........they Put Themselves Through Pain and Suffering that never and yes I mean Never had to be......think about that.......

Well that is what I am trying to show here - nothing more nor nothing less
God Bless
Jim

Euphemia Hello,
I agree that we must be careful who we allow into our every day life and that is one point.
Another point is this..........you can not truly love - as God loves without having compassion in your heart. God is as much Compassion as He is Love.

Answer..........gaurd your Heart and Mind -
Gaurd from what ? Human emotions - anger - hurt - judging - emotions of the flesh.

When one stands in intercessory prayer - Their heart becomes full of Love and Compassion for the one they are standing the gap between them and God. Spirit filled emotions or spiritually Connected will be great.

My point is not to come against you Euphemia - No Mam not at all !!
My point is digging deeper into what is being said. Too many Christians take this guard your heart in an incorrect way. They do not allow the Love of God to flow or Love others as God loves others. Too busy keeping others away and out of mind and heart because they do Not "Seem" to be good quality of people.

For example........ @Alang - now his path did cross with this lost girl - his heart was moved big time ( God Bless Him For That ) - Now there was Two (2) Yes Two Paths this could take him.

One being he dropped to his knee's and went to work with intercessory prayer - spent hours daily before God for this girl. His heart would grow Full of Love and Compassion for this girl.
His every groan unto God would be filled with love and compassion for this girl - he could have stayed there doing this daily until God showed him the victory.......

The other path.........same compassion in the start for this girl.......same conviction to see her set free and delivered from this life style. However this time - he goes at it mostly in his strength. He is not using the word of God as his guide and mostly using human nature to save the day. Ride in on a white horse and save the girl. Even though he prayed and prayed and prayed - he went forth in his strength - now this compassion and desire is being fed and developed by human nature which brings forth "Feelings" and Fleshly Emotions.

Now these in return tug at his heart and since he is moving in his strength ( with good intentions ) he has NOT the word of God Protecting and guiding him so -----------------
his heart gives way to human emotions and he begins to fall for the girl. Compassion turns into desire of the flesh and before you know it - he is all caught up in like - (Lust of the Flesh) and this is NOT a sexual thing but his flesh wants her and she is so cute and those eyes and that smile and --------------- no word of God guarding his heart or mind or being........

Yes I know this is long winded but you my sister will Not be the only one who reads it.

I said all this for one reason................

When you find your self in a situation as this............
You Can Pick and Choose the out come by one of the follwing....
1. Go at it Gods Way and With God's Guidence every move of the way - see success
2. Go at this in your strength - get all caught up and chance not helping but harming yourself or the other or both

3. Simply walk away.. Turn your back. after all we need to protect our hearts and minds from those less desirering. Let some one else do it - well some people just do not deserve to be saved and so on.

Too many Christians with good intentions follow Path number TWO....ruin lives and miss out on Gods true calling for their lives.

Far too many Christians Miss - Use number THREE in Gods Name and do nothing and Stop The Love Of God From Reaching Them At That Time.. The problem here is - you may have been their last hope.........here today and gone tomorrow........then you have the what if's in your life....What if I would have went ? would they be alive? What if I would have obeyed and Loved ? would they have an eternity with the Father ? and so on.......ugly mess that is.

Then ther is Plan 1 .........be ready at all times - full of the Love of God and Full of His word.
Knowing what to do and how to work it.
Lives get turned around and not ruined or ripped apart from hurtful feelings....

When one follows choice number two...........they Put Themselves Through Pain and Suffering that never and yes I mean Never had to be......think about that.......

Well that is what I am trying to show here - nothing more nor nothing less
God Bless
Jim

Ephesians 5:15-17
So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

Back