Will there be more saved than lost?

This 'calvin unfrienly forum S/W' decided to stop informing me of replies after Major's first reply.
So firstly thanks to all who have contributed to this thread an an apology for leaving things so long before coming back.
I'm still a bit busy with other things, but will try to respond soon
blessings,
calvin

.......This is similar to His teaching as recorded by Matthew 7:13-14. But is it the same teaching as in Luke 13, or an entirely new one? I consider that it is the same teaching stated in slightly different terms.......
The question before us is: Is there a direct and unarguable statement as to the proportion of mankind that will not be saved? As for myself, I believe that there will be more saved than lost……but that is me...

Therefore we must be maximum Good and non-evil, because God expects from us namely this: not to be just spiritual, but to be Good, becasue the spirituality is for the "spiritualists", and/but the Good is for the Good humans - only the Good people have the Holy Spirit, but about the "spiritualists" is not so sure.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are just: Compassion, Mercy, Love, Charity, Apprehension, Caring, Generosity, Intercession, Prayer, Saving, Healing, Resurrecting, Preaching, Prophesying, Independency, etc.
But the gifts of the spirituality may to be (things as): wisdom, spiritual knowledge, bliss, emancipation, carefreeness, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, supernatural perceptions/senses, supernatural abilities/phenomena, clairvoyance, prediction/divination, levitation, astral projection/travelling, etc., but all that by forces of satan.
The Holy Spirit makes the human poor in the spirit, but the great spirituality makes its(their) follower(-s) rich in the spirit:

Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.",

Matthew 13:31 "The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof(ie. the Little faith brings Salvation for/to all men).",

Luke 16:22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;",

Mark 10:21-25 "Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Actually, with the all scripture, God says(wants to say): just be Normal/Good - enough for Me is when you are Normal/Good.

Therefore we must be maximum Good and non-evil, because God expects from us namely this: not to be just spiritual, but to be Good, becasue the spirituality is for the "spiritualists", and/but the Good is for the Amiable - only the Good people have the Holy Spirit, but about the "spiritualists" is not so sure.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are just: Compassion, Mercy, Love, Charity, Apprehension, Caring, Generosity, Intercession, Prayer, Salvage, Healing, Resurrecting, Preaching, Prediction, Independency, etc.
But the gifts of the spirituality may to be (things as): wisdom, spiritual knowledge, bliss, emancipation, carefreeness, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, supernatural perceptions/senses, supernatural phenomena, levitation, astral projection/travelling, etc., but all that by forces of satan.
Actually, with the all scripture, God says(wants to say): just be Normal/Good - enough for Me is when you are Normal/Good.
I think I know what you mean.....I think I agree, though I might have my own unique way of expressing it. The Lord wants us to be as He created us....and that means no sin
Sin is a useless load we often cling to because we might be in our comfort zone with it. But this is getting off topic.
blessings,
calcin

When studying scripture, I try to apply the principle that every word is to be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Cf
2Cor 13:1
etc.
Then too, I note that Jesus also taught using parables cf Mark 4:11 Luke 8:10.
Now then the two mentions of the wide and narrow ways a man can travel are in my opinion parabolic in nature. Cf Matt 7:13,14 and Luke 13:24. Note also that they are given in different time frames and settings.
Another passage that if nothing else seems to negate the rigid literal interpretation of the narrow/wide path teachings would be John14:2 This teaching is admittedly without the two or three witness support, but so is most else of John's Gospel. So at a stretch (perhaps) saying that there are many mansion or rooms or dwellings in His Fathers house, suggests that the narrow/wide teaching is of the nature of a parable and not literal. Also the "if it were not so, I would have told you." is somewhat assertive in nature

When Jesus wanted to leave no shadow of doubt about His words He characteristically prefaced the teaching with words like ‘verily verily I say…’ and similar assertive phrases.
These however are not present in the ‘wide/ narrow’ pathway teachings.
So the idea that the majority will face the second death is not really supportable by these passages.

OK, so are there scriptures that support the idea that the majority of humankind will be graciously saved from the second death? I believe there are.

Firstly consider Rev 7:9, Rev 19:1 and Rev 19:6 : the last two are not unarguably referring to saints, though they most likely are. Also Hebrews 11:12 and Jude 1:14 are referring to the spiritual descendants of Abraham, not carnal descendants and angels.
Moreover it is difficult to accept that the jubilant celebrations as depicted in Rev 19 would be, if Satan (figuratively speaking), dragged the majority of human kind ‘kicking and screaming’ off to hell, leaving the Lord God Omnipotent to gather up the crumbs from under the table. see Judges 1:7

IMNSHO here are the two or three witnesses and some to spare, that license me to believe that more will be saved than lost.
We serve a powerful God who is full of Grace and mercy, a victor among the victorious,
Lord of Lords and King of Kings
Blessings,
calvin
edit adds text in blue

Back