1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Will 'Book of Eli' Draw Moviegoers from the Pews?

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by Answers in Genesis, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Will 'Book of Eli' Draw Moviegoers from the Pews?

Will a movie about a man in post-apocalyptic 2043 carrying the last remaining copy of the Bible draw believers in the pews into the theaters?

2. Honestly, it doesn't sound like a movie I'd be interested in. It is my understanding that Denzel Washington is a Christian and is the co-producer of the film. With that said, there is (from my understanding) a lot of profanity and violence which almost makes you wonder if they didn't throw in gratuitous explicit content in hopes of reaching a broader audience. What I do know is that Star Magazine reviewers gave it only one or one and a half stars. *shrugs*
  3. The movie is not even drawing those who do not go to the pews. It has received a low rating on Rotten Tomatoes (not surprisingly). If anyone reads the synopsis/summary, you will see the movie just seems like one of the millions of other shoot-'em-up type of movies that are so prevalent in the the film industry. Nothing exciting, different, or unique about this movie. Even if Denzel Washington co-produced the movie, it doesn't seem like anything worth seeing. It'll be on DVD in the new two months I bet you, and forgotten long before we can even blink and say hello.