Will 'Book of Eli' Draw Moviegoers from the Pews?

Will 'Book of Eli' Draw Moviegoers from the Pews?

Will a movie about a man in post-apocalyptic 2043 carrying the last remaining copy of the Bible draw believers in the pews into the theaters?

More...

Honestly, it doesn't sound like a movie I'd be interested in. It is my understanding that Denzel Washington is a Christian and is the co-producer of the film. With that said, there is (from my understanding) a lot of profanity and violence which almost makes you wonder if they didn't throw in gratuitous explicit content in hopes of reaching a broader audience. What I do know is that Star Magazine reviewers gave it only one or one and a half stars. *shrugs*

The movie is not even drawing those who do not go to the pews. It has received a low rating on Rotten Tomatoes (not surprisingly). If anyone reads the synopsis/summary, you will see the movie just seems like one of the millions of other shoot-'em-up type of movies that are so prevalent in the the film industry. Nothing exciting, different, or unique about this movie. Even if Denzel Washington co-produced the movie, it doesn't seem like anything worth seeing. It'll be on DVD in the new two months I bet you, and forgotten long before we can even blink and say hello.

Back