Why Would God Be Interested In Creating Anything?

No. The jesus of the bible seems to quite charasmatic. Jim Jones was too, but he was clearly not in his right mind.

No.

Since we have no contemporary accounts of jesus, the simple answer is: we don't know.

There are only second hand accounts of jesus' life: they may be factual or fictional.

We all know from expereince that the game of "telephone" never sucessfully transmits the original message.

Add into this equation that the bible has been edited, translated and copied by hand... there are multiple points of possible failure.

Even if it were a work of pure fiction, I would still be highly skeptical about the contents.
Edited? No. Translated? Yes. Copied? Duh.

The Holy Spirit is the reason why scriptures are 100% accurate, and is why the Bible is the world's most widespread book.

I'd like to see anyone do that with a work of fiction.

Did you know the Bible was written historically? Meaning, it was actual history? There is no fiction in the Bible.

Edited? No. Translated? Yes. Copied? Duh.

Copied by hand is the key point. Errors are likely to occur that way.

To be fair, I withdraw the "edited" comment.

The Holy Spirit is the reason why scriptures are 100% accurate, and is why the Bible is the world's most widespread book.

Prove that this spirit exists. How can a immaterial "spirit" have a real effect in the physical world?

Haven't we been here before.

Asserting "because god" is not an answer.

Popularity does not ensure that something is right.

We have been here before too.

Did you know the Bible was written historically? Meaning, it was actual history? There is no fiction in the Bible.

So where is the physical evidence of a worldwide flood or that jewish people were slaves in Egypt?

Copied by hand is the key point. Errors are likely to occur that way.

To be fair, I withdraw the "edited" comment.

Prove that this spirit exists. How can a immaterial "spirit" have a real effect in the physical world?

Haven't we been here before.

Asserting "because god" is not an answer.

Popularity does not ensure that something is right.

We have been here before too.

So where is the physical evidence of a worldwide flood or that jewish people were slaves in Egypt?

More likely the bible is a collection of fantasy stories told by bored desert people to pass the time by a camp fire.
Honestly I'm done debating. If someone else wants to answer these questions they can.

Back