Why won't God help me?

Why won't God help me.

I've been in a horrible state recently and it has been bothering me for 2 years. I have this extreme social anxiety with eye contact. I'm afraid that my eye contact may come off as being weird or offensive to others and this has prevented me from working, socializing, it has RUINED my life.. I keep picturing the worst case scenario with others confronting me on this issue and me being a very passive person, I wouldn't know what to do and it'll be my worst nightmare. Now I've been trying to grow closer to God, reading the word, praying etc but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if I'm praying the right way and I don't know how to meditate on the word. I don't know any of these things and since I'm dealing with this social anxiety I won't allow myself to go to a church and converse with people. I'm extremely scared and I don't know what to do. I feel like God is allowing me to go thru this for a reason but I don't know how to get out. I don't know how to grow closer to God. I believe he is real but I don't know how to grow closer to him. Is reading the Bible and praying all I need to do? I don't understand, I'm in so much pain I'm in desperate need of his help. Please if anyone can give me a word of advise. Thank you.

Greetings PureBeliever ,
A couple of things I wanted to mention.
Now I am not saying God is putting you through this but if what you said here were true....
I feel like God is allowing me to go thru this for a reason but I don't know how to get out.

Trying to get out would be the wrong attitude. If God wanted us to go through something then we need to embrace it and walk it out and seeking Him in what we are to learn.

Again I am not saying this is God doing this to you. I don't believe so.

You asked......
I don't know how to grow closer to God. I believe he is real but I don't know how to grow closer to him. Is reading the Bible and praying all I need to do? I don't understand,

Reading and Praying are Good things but they are not enough. We must be doers of His Word. Another words, we have got to begin to put into practice what we are reading in His Word.

Also not all praying will be good praying.
What I mean is, people like to call begging and complaining good prayers.

Praying what is written in God's word with Faith and Believing will Get God's attention.

Know that we are praying for you.
Blessings
FCJ

First of all hello... and thank you for sharing something so personal with us.. just talking about things can be difficult sometimes... you are among friends here.
Your profile says that you are recently a new believer- that's wonderful!! Just so you know where to begin...
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
---
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
---
Satan has a really big bag of tricks he uses against us. He hates it when we turn to God and try to live according to His word. He will cause us to get doubt, fear, anger, and sorts of negative things in our head.... and most of the time, we don't even realize that he's doing it.
When you pray, and throughout the day... just talk to God. Not sure how to pray? Or what to say? This is a great way to begin-
[Psalm 23:1-6 KJV] 1 [[A Psalm of David.]]
The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
-----
You just simply pray as you would talk to your very best friend... your father... your savior.. He knows what's inside your heart, and He knows what's going on in your life... but He likes for us to include Him... to tell Him what's bothering us... or what we're thankful for... or how beautiful he made today's sunrise... The more you include Him in your thoughts, words, prayers, and time... the more you'll realize He's with you!
Whatever you need help with, tell Him exactly what the problem is, and ask for His help, "according to His will." Our prayers do get heard, and are answered... but not always with the exact outcome and/or timing that we hope for or expect. He knows what is best for us, and we are expected to trust Him... completely.
----
As for feeling closer to Him... let Him know! Tell Him how you feel.
---
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
--
John 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it
---

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
---
1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
----------------------------------------------
And yes... to get closer to God, read His words. Study them as to how they can apply to you in your life. Before you read, ask God to open you eyes, ears, and heart, so that you might see, hear, and obey. Ask Him for direction to scriptures that can help you with what you need... ask for understanding of His words.... then start reading, thinking, praying... remind yourself of what you read... the promises made- they are truth and fact. You just have to believe, with faith :)
We are here for you, and will try to help you, and pray for you. Don't get discouraged.
The Bible is filled with words for life.. use them.
Read through the epistles, (or letters)... they are beautifully written, and do a great job of sort of summing things up a bit. A few of these are: Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, James, 1 Peter, 1 John, all are beautiful & helpful reading.
---
We are here for you.
-God bless :)

Last edited:
All healing is God's. Remember that God owns the world and all that is in it - including doctors... Sometimes, he sends a miracle.. Sometimes he sends us to one of his servants for treatment....

A very good and faithful friend of mine was once sent by God to take one of his friends to the hospital. His friend was in one of those "miraculous healing only" sort of religious groups and could not accept going to a doctor. My friend literally had to carry him out of his appartment, down flights of stairs, put him in the car, drive him to to the Emergency Room, and carry him in. The fellow was suffering from a ruptured appendix and would have died within 24 hours....

Instead of praying "God, do this". Instead pray "God, what is your will for me now in my situation.... Should I seek professional help?"

Greetings PureBeliever ,
A couple of things I wanted to mention.
Now I am not saying God is putting you through this but if what you said here were true....

Trying to get out would be the wrong attitude. If God wanted us to go through something then we need to embrace it and walk it out and seeking Him in what we are to learn.

Again I am not saying this is God doing this to you. I don't believe so.

You asked......

Reading and Praying are Good things but they are not enough. We must be doers of His Word. Another words, we have got to begin to put into practice what we are reading in His Word.

Also not all praying will be good praying.
What I mean is, people like to call begging and complaining good prayers.

Praying what is written in God's word with Faith and Believing will Get God's attention.

Know that we are praying for you.
Blessings
FCJ

Thank you for your feedback!

If you don't mind, what are some examples of putting into practice of what I'm reading? There are so many instances in the Bible that seem indirect for example it may be about a story or an example being preached to people of that time period, but how can I translate that to my life and the world around me?

Sometimes when I read the word as a new believer I feel like I'm reading the Bible just to read it like a book, though I know I'm supposed to get life lessons and get deeper within my relationship with God but still everyday I read it I feel as I'm just reading stories and not fully understanding. In certain times I also think wouldn't it be beneficial to read from Genesis to Revelation in chronological order to understand the story of God's love completely? Like if I'm reading the book of Matthew which is about Jesus but in the book of Isaiah it preaches about Jesus before, wouldn't I have a better understanding of how the Pharasies and others reacted during the time?

Thank you for your feedback!

There are so many instances in the Bible that seem indirect for example it may be about a story or an example being preached to people of that time period, but how can I translate that to my life and the world around me?

Sometimes when I read the word as a new believer I feel like I'm reading the Bible just to read it like a book, though I know I'm supposed to get life lessons and get deeper within my relationship with God but still everyday I read it I feel as I'm just reading stories and not fully understanding. In certain times I also think wouldn't it be beneficial to read from Genesis to Revelation in chronological order to understand the story of God's love completely? Like if I'm reading the book of Matthew which is about Jesus but in the book of Isaiah it preaches about Jesus before, wouldn't I have a better understanding of how the Pharasies and others reacted during the time?

Greetings,
Hey what version are you reading?

Pray and thank God that His Word comes to life as you read and that you always get something out of it. If you do this, over time it will begin to change big for you.

If you don't mind, what are some examples of putting into practice of what I'm reading?

Walking in Love
Forgiving
Walking by Faith
Believing what God says He will do for you.
Believing what He says in His Word about you.

The list goes on.
Blessings
FCJ

First of all hello... and thank you for sharing something so personal with us.. just talking about things can be difficult sometimes... you are among friends here.
Your profile says that you are recently a new believer- that's wonderful!! Just so you know where to begin...
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
---
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
---
Satan has a really big bag of tricks he uses against us. He hates it when we turn to God and try to live according to His word. He will cause us to get doubt, fear, anger, and sorts of negative things in our head.... and most of the time, we don't even realize that he's doing it.
When you pray, and throughout the day... just talk to God. Not sure how to pray? Or what to say? This is a great way to begin-
[Psalm 23:1-6 KJV] 1 [[A Psalm of David.]]
The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
-----
You just simply pray as you would talk to your very best friend... your father... your savior.. He knows what's inside your heart, and He knows what's going on in your life... but He likes for us to include Him... to tell Him what's bothering us... or what we're thankful for... or how beautiful he made today's sunrise... The more you include Him in your thoughts, words, prayers, and time... the more you'll realize He's with you!
Whatever you need help with, tell Him exactly what the problem is, and ask for His help, "according to His will." Our prayers do get heard, and are answered... but not always with the exact outcome and/or timing that we hope for or expect. He knows what is best for us, and we are expected to trust Him... completely.
----
As for feeling closer to Him... let Him know! Tell Him how you feel.
---
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
--
John 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it
---

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
---
1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
----------------------------------------------
And yes... to get closer to God, read His words. Study them as to how they can apply to you in your life. Before you read, ask God to open you eyes, ears, and heart, so that you might see, hear, and obey. Ask Him for direction to scriptures that can help you with what you need... ask for understanding of His words.... then start reading, thinking, praying... remind yourself of what you read... the promises made- they are truth and fact. You just have to believe, with faith :)
We are here for you, and will try to help you, and pray for you. Don't get discouraged.
The Bible is filled with words for life.. use them.
Read through the epistles, (or letters)... they are beautifully written, and do a great job of sort of summing things up a bit. A few of these are: Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, James, 1 Peter, 1 John, all are beautiful & helpful reading.
---
We are here for you.
-God bless :)

Thank you for your welcoming and feedback!

So as for praying to him would it be better if I just talk to him about my life struggles and ask him to help overcome in which ever way he permits?

What about all of the time I hear people say to have prayer of giving thanks and prayer for others etc.. but when I feel as to pray in the morning for giving thanks as in "Thank you for waking me up today, thank you for blessing me with food, shelter etc.. " I feel as if by me saying that everyday is repetitive kind of like religious you know? Does God want for me to pray in such a way?

Again thank you for all of your feedback and being here in my time of need.

God bless you!

Greetings,
Hey what version are you reading?

Pray and thank God that His Word comes to life as you read and that you always get something out of it. If you do this, over time it will begin to change big for you.

Walking in Love
Forgiving
Walking by Faith
Believing what God says He will do for you.
Believing what He says in His Word about you.

The list goes on.
Blessings
FCJ

I'm reading the King James Version, the only translation that I prefer.

So as for praying to him would it be better if I just talk to him about my life struggles and ask him to help overcome in which ever way he permits?

Where is the Faith in that?

What about all of the time I hear people say to have prayer of giving thanks and prayer for others etc.. but when I feel as to pray in the morning for giving thanks as in "Thank you for waking me up today, thank you for blessing me with food, shelter etc.. " I feel as if by me saying that everyday is repetitive kind of like religious you know? Does God want for me to pray in such a way?

Praise and Thanksgiving and Worship is never a religious event. You can not do this too much.

Are you only thankful once in awhile?
What about Thanking Him for His Mercy, His Grace, His Faithfulness, His Love, His Promise to not ever leave you as an orphan or For Forgiving you and not giving up on you.
Use Faith like a carpenter uses his tools and Thank Him through Faith for guiding you and teaching you etc.

Think about that.
Blessings
FCJ

Where is the Faith in that?

Praise and Thanksgiving and Worship is never a religious event. You can not do this too much.

Are you only thankful once in awhile?
What about Thanking Him for His Mercy, His Grace, His Faithfulness, His Love, His Promise to not ever leave you as an orphan or For Forgiving you and not giving up on you.
Use Faith like a carpenter uses his tools and Thank Him through Faith for guiding you and teaching you etc.

Think about that.
Blessings
FCJ
I'm glad you're questioning what I wrote, it really makes me think more. I'm trying to understand faith myself. I don't really have much faith in myself in general so I tend to give up on my faith in God, due to being impatient, and lazy.

I am thankful but not enough. I'm so selfish I feel less thankful because of my current state of anxiety, I am angry and sad that I am going thru this which has felt like my whole life since being verbally bullied as a child and not much parental support. I honestly feel fed up with the position I'm in.

I'm glad you're questioning what I wrote, it really makes me think more.

You and me both !!

I'm trying to understand faith myself. I don't really have much faith in myself in general so I tend to give up on my faith in God, due to being impatient, and lazy.

Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing the Word of God.
Faith needs to be full of Trust and Believing.

Our Faith is in God and not in ourselves.
If we put our faith in us, then Yea it won't amount to much at all.

Now then if we will simply begin to accept and believe in what God says about us then this is when we are strong.

Impatience and being Lazy are fruits or characteristics of the flesh or natural man and God can deliver you of both.

I am thankful but not enough. I'm so selfish I feel less thankful because of my current state of anxiety, I am angry and sad that I am going thru this which has felt like my whole life since being verbally bullied as a child and not much parental support. I honestly feel fed up with the position I'm in.

Again, I say begin to see yourself as God sees you. Find Scriptures that covers this and speak them out loud unto your self over and over and day after day.

So this state of being that you get focused on, how's that working out for you?
Is it Blessing you or keeping you trapped in a stronghold of a lacking mindset?

As I mentioned before.
Walking in Love and Forgiveness
What happened in the past is just that, the past.

Our enemy the devil continually reminds you of these things because if he can get and keep you thinking on these things then he can keep you in bondage.
That's why it has become as an excuse.

Now being fed up with the position your in can be a Good thing or a bad thing. It depends on what you are Willing to do about it.

Complaining about it year after year and expecting it to change is yet another Avenue our enemy desires you to dwell in.

I ask you this......What are you willing to do to see this All Change for the better?

There is doing things God's way and you Will see things Change.......
Then there is every other way and it won't do you a hill of beans good as far as rising above all this.

Believe me, I know that I know what I am saying is true. Been there myself for way too many years. Yours is not a new or rare story.

Blessings my Brother, you can rise above this.
Love and Hugs in Christ
FCJ

Try the New Living and KJ together.
Don't get hung up on one particular version. Use many.

Blessings
FCJ
You and me both !!

Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing the Word of God.
Faith needs to be full of Trust and Believing.

Our Faith is in God and not in ourselves.
If we put our faith in us, then Yea it won't amount to much at all.

Now then if we will simply begin to accept and believe in what God says about us then this is when we are strong.

Impatience and being Lazy are fruits or characteristics of the flesh or natural man and God can deliver you of both.

Again, I say begin to see yourself as God sees you. Find Scriptures that covers this and speak them out loud unto your self over and over and day after day.

So this state of being that you get focused on, how's that working out for you?
Is it Blessing you or keeping you trapped in a stronghold of a lacking mindset?

As I mentioned before.
Walking in Love and Forgiveness
What happened in the past is just that, the past.

Our enemy the devil continually reminds you of these things because if he can get and keep you thinking on these things then he can keep you in bondage.
That's why it has become as an excuse.

Now being fed up with the position your in can be a Good thing or a bad thing. It depends on what you are Willing to do about it.

Complaining about it year after year and expecting it to change is yet another Avenue our enemy desires you to dwell in.

I ask you this......What are you willing to do to see this All Change for the better?

There is doing things God's way and you Will see things Change.......
Then there is every other way and it won't do you a hill of beans good as far as rising above all this.

Believe me, I know that I know what I am saying is true. Been there myself for way too many years. Yours is not a new or rare story.

Blessings my Brother, you can rise above this.
Love and Hugs in Christ
FCJ

You're right, me complaining and going around in circles is not helping me. I need to keep going, I want to do things God's way because my way has always been failure and the same pain. I want out of the bondage I've put myself through. I'm going to keep trying. I need to stop trying to be "perfect" because in a sense that's what I'm aiming at because I'm trying to do things the quote on quote "correct way." This is my biggest set back.

Thank you!

You're right, me complaining and going around in circles is not helping me. I need to keep going, I want to do things God's way because my way has always been failure and the same pain. I want out of the bondage I've put myself through. I'm going to keep trying. I need to stop trying to be "perfect" because in a sense that's what I'm aiming at because I'm trying to do things the quote on quote "correct way." This is my biggest set back.

Thank you!
Brother I felt like my breakthrough was right through the door in the corner but I was in a Round room looking for that door for years. Just going round and round and round year after year.

Here is something that set me free in some areas. God Will Not judge you or hold something against you that you really did not know or understand. He will judge you from within the Light that you have.

When we are willing to do something His way and we go at it the best we can from the Light we have, if we mess up He will still credit it to us as a Victory because you were willing to listen and be obedient and do what He said.
He can and Will fix what we got wrong.

That alone takes the pressure off of any performance issues we may have.

Blessings
FCJ

Why won't God help me.

I've been in a horrible state recently and it has been bothering me for 2 years. I have this extreme social anxiety with eye contact. I'm afraid that my eye contact may come off as being weird or offensive to others and this has prevented me from working, socializing, it has RUINED my life.. I keep picturing the worst case scenario with others confronting me on this issue and me being a very passive person, I wouldn't know what to do and it'll be my worst nightmare. Now I've been trying to grow closer to God, reading the word, praying etc but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if I'm praying the right way and I don't know how to meditate on the word. I don't know any of these things and since I'm dealing with this social anxiety I won't allow myself to go to a church and converse with people. I'm extremely scared and I don't know what to do. I feel like God is allowing me to go thru this for a reason but I don't know how to get out. I don't know how to grow closer to God. I believe he is real but I don't know how to grow closer to him. Is reading the Bible and praying all I need to do? I don't understand, I'm in so much pain I'm in desperate need of his help. Please if anyone can give me a word of advise. Thank you.
As John C said, I also feel you should make an appointment to see your doctor. Explain all of this to them. Whatever help you get there may be just what you need. Keep reading the Bible and praying. Talk to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit about about all this. You may have possibly developed a Social Phobia which is very treatable in general, but a psychiatrist will most likely treat with anti-anxiety medications and a psychologist with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Anxiety. The average person is better off with CBT as it has no side-effects, uses no drugs you could get addicted to and tends to have a longer lasting effect when the therapy ends. I can relate to some of what you are experiencing. God bless.

Why won't God help me.

Brother, I can't speak for God and heck I still don't understand why things happen to me half an time but I think i'll qoute a few verses here and there.

Ecclesiastes 3 KJV

Verse 3:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Romans 5:3-4
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

I have no idea whats going on in your life personlly but listen, God hears you when you cry out to him. He see's your tears and he see's us all in our good times and bad, brother there isnt such a thing as an unanswered prayer and he wants to help however I must ask you to stop and give him praise.

We all can't accept the good things in our life without reciving the bad and through that we see God's glorly manfested.

I'll pray for you brother.

All healing is God's. Remember that God owns the world and all that is in it - including doctors... Sometimes, he sends a miracle.. Sometimes he sends us to one of his servants for treatment....

A very good and faithful friend of mine was once sent by God to take one of his friends to the hospital. His friend was in one of those "miraculous healing only" sort of religious groups and could not accept going to a doctor. My friend literally had to carry him out of his appartment, down flights of stairs, put him in the car, drive him to to the Emergency Room, and carry him in. The fellow was suffering from a ruptured appendix and would have died within 24 hours....

Instead of praying "God, do this". Instead pray "God, what is your will for me now in my situation.... Should I seek professional help?"

Yes I agree with you John, telling everything to the doctor would be a wise course of action.

I agree with you John, word for word.

Back